Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Noel Mignon - Challenge (no patterned paper)



Morning everyone, hope all is well at your places, it's crazy weather here at present, overcast, sunny, showering, sunny again, you know just enough to send you batty when you have washing to do and 2 poodles and a 3 yr old who love to be outside for a short while and then want to come back and lay on the lounge......

The layout "Sweetness it's in your eyes" is one I did for Noel Mignon challenge site this week, (no patterned paper) it was heaps of fun, her challenges I enjoy doing and well using the gorgeous kit with all the DeLovely goodies in it (sorry they are pink Nate) I love. If you are curious to see her August kit, have a look here, I cannot wait to get this one. 

I just love the Heidi Swapp black Glimmermist and once again I used my trusty liquid paper around the edge of the layout - just to frame it. I made the circles mask using a 12 x 12 already cut out chipboard piece, not sure where I bought it from.

Okay, so today is our lady's day, boy the week comes around super quick, and then I am going to come home and do some more scrapping, gee I wish you could come over for a coffee and scrap with me, as it is now, I will probably have Toy Story 2 which I borrowed from the video store on for the 20th time whilst I am scrapping here. Thankfully tomorrow is Wednesday Scrap day with Aunty Jan and I look forward to it. I think it is so nice to do what you love whilst chatting and of course as we will be downstairs, Lightning McQueen will be playing also.

Oh, I almost forgot, dear friend's Cathy and Sam gave me beautiful awards for my blog, thank you ladies, both of these lady's are awesome scrappers, but you probably already know that but you can click on their names to go straight to their blogs, the conditions were I had to tell you 5 things about myself: You may already know these things, but here goes:

1. I will be 43 next March (feel so much younger though)

2. Drive a 2006 Rav4 4wd - white in colour

3. Next goal is to be on a Manufacturer's DT

4. Used to be an Accountant during the day and aerobics instructor at night

5. Love coffee (about 3 - 4 cups per day)  and chocolate (especially together)

Thanks so much for the beautiful awards dear friends, but I would like to give all of you an award so if you want to share some things about yourself, I would enjoy reading.

Love to you all, have a fantastic day, somehow blogger seems to have changed again and can only upload 1 photo at a time, so will share another layout Thursday. Love Melxxx




20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very cool and creative L.O!!!

Way to go!!!

Enjoyyour day!

Samantha Hauzer said...

Love your layout Mel, I'll have to try that with the liquid paper! Loved reading your '5 Things' too :)

Lynnda said...

Hey Mel... HAH...!! you caught me eh...!... It's alright... One day... who knows.. we might be able to scrap together!!!... with our boys both watching their "fav-all-time-dvds" oh bliss for us to scrap in peace... ha ha ha....AS IF....

I love looking at Nat pictures... hes my darling....

I always love glimmermist... I think its just brilliant and easy....yet arty!! Don't you agree?? This LO is simple and yet fabulously stunning....love it...Frankly speaking .. I love reading your blog... besides admiring your brilliant arty creation... keep going gurlfren....xx

Noel said...

Fabulous stuff Mel!! I just love looking at your work...your love for your boy comes shining through!

Chloe said...

Love this LO!!! love your 5 things - I drive a RAV too ... i lovvveee it :-)

Cindy Lee said...

Love the misting Mel!! No pattern paper on a layout? It would be challenge for me :)

About the stamps, you can check out the store here....http://www.practicingcreativitydesigns.com/ The stamps are designed by Courtney from US.

Cathy said...

Fantastic LO Mel!! loving the background effect with the glimmermist. And the circle photos are so cute!! I don't know how I'd go creating a LO without pp. Thanks so much for the lovely comments on your blog... you're such a sweetie. Loved reading your 5 things. Have a fab day :)

Michelle H. said...

Love your Gorgeous LO!!!
Love the circles and the fun pictures of Nate!!
Love how you added the embellies!!
So glad you are getting some scrapping done!
I Loved your 5 questions list!!
Hope you will have some better weather today!!
I sent you an email and forgot to title it, another pic of a vellum flower.
Hope you have some sunshine today and no rain!
Love oyu!!

Sarah Lou said...

love teh no patterned paper layout!!! it looks wonderful!!!! and I so love teh liquid paper border!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed your scrapping and you scrap day tomorrow

Jessy Christopher said...

What a co, that we have circle background for our latest post!! I love all the misted actions and your boy is so cute!! I know this is like 10k times I am telling you :)

KarenB said...

Super LO Mel, gorgeous design and eyecatching colours framing the pics - I love it!! I'd love to come over and watch you create some time :)

KarenB said...

Hi Mel,
Thanks for your message on my blog - it's always nice to have you visit. My email is in my profile - send me a message and maybe we can arrange to meet up. I'm not that far away :)

glorygirl said...

GREAT layout! Love how you used the mist!!!!

Julia Sáddi said...

Lovely Project, Mel!!!
I would like to invite you, my friend, to create a 'Luck' theme card for my challenge at Addicted to Cards Challenges before August 2nd.
I count on you! xox Julia Sáddi

check on: http://addictedtocardschallenges.blogspot.com/2010/07/desafio-8-ate-0208-as-2059.html

Deb Neerman said...

Love this, Mel! So unique and clever ... it's not easy going 'DP-less' but you made it look easy!

Terrific pix of Nate don't hurt, either, lolol!

Sending hugs!

LG said...

Brilliant take to that challenge! i cant imagine myself doing a page not using any patterned paper. You made it look so easy. This is so beautiful

Michelle H. said...

Thanks for your sweet words!!
Glad you liked the post it notes project!! I'm sending you one that you can design with your goodies!!
Hope you both have a super day!!
Lots of love & hugs to you and Nate!!

Wendy said...

How cool is this?!?! Love all the circles especially the little cut out scallop edged ones .. too cute!! What a cute little face little Nate has too!! Love it!
From one chocolate and coffee lover to another ... enjoy your week!! Wendy xx

Ella Swan said...

Hi Mel, seen your comments all around so thought I would pay you a visit! Seems we have a lot in common. I am also just 43, love coffee & chocolate too! A tip for you - go to your settings - select an e mail address there {you'll see where if you go through all your settings} then put your photos into Picasa & e mail them to your blog. Do it this way & you can e mail dozens at a time in less than a minute ;-D

Wati Basri said...

cool one you have here sweetie...and that liquid paper tech...coolness..will give it a try :)