Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Scrap the Boys




Hi Dear friends, hope this has been a great week for you all, been very busy this end, last Saturday was the Handmade markets, caught up with Michelle Jamieson which was nice, (Scrapbooking Master 2009) she sells her brand of merchandise which is called Chelley Bean there. Then Saturday night was to Sizzler for Uncle Col's birthday, Sunday I did some scrapping, Monday to Amanda Taylor's for our scrap day, Tuesday had our lady's morning tea and then some appts, and after a scrap day with Aunty Jan today, I think it's MasterChef and then to bed with my new Scrapbooking Memories Mag.

The above layout is for the Scrap the Boys Challenge blog and this month they have supplied a sketch which is totally optional to use and the criteria is use stamping on your page, the star stamp I have used is a Studio Calico one, I stamped onto some brown Kraft and matching colours on this layout, lots of fun. Oh and I opted to use their sketch also.

This is the new look Nate with his super short haircut, we found a hairdresser that he really likes, his name is Ashe and the day after he got it cut he went in and gave him a freddo frog and gave him a hi - 5, so hallelujah....

That is it for me, have another layout almost finished so I will share this over the weekend. Love to you all and your dear family's. Mel and Natexx

29 comments:

Shell Turner said...

OMG he is the CUTEST!!!!

Love that layout Mel. Might have to borrow a few pics of your little fella to enter those Scrap the Boys challenges :)

amanda73 said...

love that layout...just gorgeous

Sarah Lou said...

he looks so grown up!!! still such a sweetheart! love the layout, ive ben eyeing that challenge off, you have rocked it out!!

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice layout tfs

Samantha Hauzer said...

Gorgeous layout Mel. Love Nate's new hair cut. He looks so grown up, but still super cute :)

Moonie said...

Looove little wee Nates hair cut.. soo cute as.. and ummm in Hungry Jacks i see? Loove Hungry jacks xx
when are you signing into facebook luv?? :-))

glorygirl said...

Ohhhhh! Look at that haircut! I'll have to check out Scrap the Boys. Seems like I'm scrapping my girl more often than my little guy lately!

Jocelyn said...

Ohhhhhhh what a cutie!!! I love the haircut!!! He is Precious!!!

Wow that LO is awesome....love the title and the colors!!!!

Wishing you a great one sweet friend!!! :-)

MommyScraps said...

Hi lady!!!! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods! :) Just saw your comment on Maria's blog for her flower tutorial, lol... I LOVE the paper roses she showed and am playing with em now... Just wanted to drop by and show YOU some love in the meantime! :)AND as always, loving your layouts! :)

LG said...

That haircut for him is perfect! He look so handsome! Great color choices on this layout too. It looks so summery

Lynnda said...

Oh my darling he is so cute.... Nate is good with super short haircut... suits him... hes such a sweetheart...

love your LO... the colors used gorgeous... love it...Mel xx

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, how adorable! This photo of Nate is tooooooo cute .. and my goodness, that haircut makes him look so grown-up! Scary, isn't it?!? LOVE the layout, Mel, just perfection from top to bottom ... as usual!

Hope you're staying warm and feeling creative ... (I'm not, lolol) ... sending hugs to you, Nate, and of course, Jan!!

Natalie said...

Oh Mel, he looks so different and grown up with his new do!!! Too cute!! Love the LO and how you used the SC stamp. Hugs to you and Nate.

Michelle H. said...

OMG!! I didnt realize that was Nate until you mention about his haircut!!
I thought it was a family or a friend of his!
He so adorable and love the hair cut!!
Gorgeous LO!!
Love the design and all the colors!!
Love that stamp!!
Sudio Calico has the coolest stamps!!
Your friend Michelle has some awesome items in her shop!!
Glad you both are having a great week!!
I created that LO 1.5 ago!
I found some more of her sewing items the other day so it made me think about her.
Love & Hugs to you both!

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Mel!! Thanks for the message, sweetie!!
I was referring to Michelle jameson I click on her link on the post.
I agree Nate does look so much older with that haircut!!
I need to get ready for bed dd has a play date early in the morning!!
Have a blessed day!!
Lots of Love & hugs!!

Liz Weber said...

Hiya Mel, that photo of Nate is adorable, love the haircut!

Love your little star layout - the stamped stars turned out terrific!

You sure pack a lot into your week, hope it was a good one!

We are MasterChef fans here as well - go ADAM!

Hope you, Nate and Aunty Jan have a fab weekend!

Liz Weber said...

HI Mel, me again lol!

In answer to your Flower Spellbinder question, there are quite a few "flower" type Spellbinders so if you could show me the layered flower you are talking about I could help better.

There are rounded flower edges, pointy ones, 5 petals, 7 petals etc etc and there is a "Daisy" one called "Daisy Heads". Not sure if any of that helps but email me a link to a pic and I might be able to help? liz.weber AT bigpond.com.

Chat soon :-)

Wendy said...

Oh how cute does little Nate look with his hair cut? Gorgeous and SO grown up!!! Love your STB LO ... again awesome cutting out and how cute are those little houses!
The Kaiser stamp I used is the grid one ... cool isn't it and great value!! Enjoy your weekend!! xx

Susan Longman said...

Hey Mel...great work with the challenge ...love the layout ...thanks for playing at Scrap the Boys this month :)

Michelle H. said...

Mel, wishing you and Nate a wonderful and Blessed weekend!!
Lots of Love & Hugs to you both!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Your boy is sooo handsome!!! Love that layout, I should find time to enter the STB challenges..seeing as I have two boys huh?! Hope you have a lovely weekend sweets :)

Wendy Smith said...

terrific...that is one cute layout

great to see you playing along with STB

T.W said...

Ah, bet he's enjoying his short hair! You can literally feel the weight get off your shoulders (and scalp XD) when you get a haircut much shorter than your previous one...

Loving the LO too, the papers, colors and patterns are so cool and fitting!

Have a great weekend!

Corrina said...

I love the new look Nate...and don't they look so grown up when you cut their hair! I love the colours you used on this LO Mel, I have a lot of love for bright colours - they make me smile, as did this gorgeous layout ;)

eMeLiNe Seet said...

he has GROWN! how handsome he looks :) how wonderful for us to see Nate growing into a young men!
LOVELY LOvELY Layout all your boy pages are Great ! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I think I missed this post, I'm so sorry!!!

Nate looks so different without his mane of hair, but very adult! he sure is growing up fast!

LOVE the scrappage! The coloirs are fantastic!

Belinda said...

awesome LO Mel, love the stamp!

Wati Basri said...

nate is sooo cute!!!
and love that layout too Mel

Jessica G. said...

Great summer haircut -- it makes him look like such a big boy!

Sweet art layout with another wonderful photo and such fun embellishments and coordinating DP!!