Sunday, March 13, 2011

Kraft it up March challenge, the lounge

Hello everyone, hope you and your family's are well as you read this. The above layout is for Kraft it up this month, and this is Nate pretty much every day, and he is definately my greatest gift. I hope you like it, the criteria this month was to use these words "there is no greater gift than today".

This is my computer area where I am typing right this very second, I like to call it my oasis as I am usually here because Nate has had tea and watching a dvd - which is "Marmaduke" by the way tonight. This is not where I scrap - I use half the kitchen table but will show you all that next post.


This is the leather lounge which has a few rules attached to it, all is good so far. I love fresh flowers, they make me feel good and I am guessing due to all the rain here are really cheap at the moment. And underneather the coffee table is the old hog Maxi just relaxing. 


This is just a room that is off the entry and as you can see my wine rack is empty, and hasn't had a bottle in it since Nate could crawl. I love a glass of wine on an occassion like a birthday etc, but it may have to wait a couple of years before I am game to stock it. The pic on the wall is one Dad and Mum left here in the house and it is the first picture they ever bought together and so it has some sentimental meaning to me.























Okay, it's Sunday night - "Who wants to be a supermodel" then probably to bed to read and look through the latest SBM mag. Love to you all, be visiting soon. Melxx

28 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh this is gorgeous Mel!! I love the photo LOl and love the way you have done your title!! That is a lovely new lounge you have yourself, need one of those myself my boys are also 'lollers' but thankfully not on the top of it anymore at their ages!!!
Thank you for your lovely comment, you are such a sweetie!! xxx

ann said...

Mel the LO is fantastic ..very boyish ....
Love the wine rack gorgeous piece of furniture...

amanda73 said...

love that layout,just awesomewhat a great lounge,im not game to get a new lounge til connor is older

Anonymous said...

Great layout, seen lots of great things at Kraft It Up and this is certainly my favourite ;-) altho I am biased hehee!

You have a lovely looking house! Great areas to work rest and play!

Ella Swan said...

Hi Mel! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog - I always so look forward to reading them! Love to be given a tour of your home - it is all so smart & neat & tidy. Pity about the wine though - here in South Africa we produce some absolutely splendid wines...love the layout of your precious boy - keep meaning to get to that challenge site - hopefully next week :)

Wati Basri said...

mel,,,cute layout of Nate!
and thanks for sharing your home with us!

T.W said...

You have such a comfy home! And how thoughtful of you not to keep any wine near your little superhero... Stock the rack with lemonade! XD

The LO is beautiful as well, love all the frames & layers~

Wishing you a good start on the new week! ^-^

Jocelyn said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE the LO....those papers and title are just perfect!!! Nate is such a cutie pie!!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics of your home.....looks like such a happy place to live...LOVE THAT WINE RACK!!!

Wishing you a very Happy Day sweet friend!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your LO is GORGEOUS Mel! I love love love love the layers...and loving the title on the pic!!! And loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos of your home!! BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kelly Massman said...

Your layout is amazing!!! :-) I love looking at the photos, too! the wine rack is pretty!

glorygirl said...

Thanks for sharing the tour of your home with us! I absolutely adore the photo of Nate in the "no greater gift" layout. Soooooo cute!

yyam said...

What an awesome layout!!!! Love the fun embellishment cluster...just fabulous! Those colours just pop! :)

Your lounge looks so comfy!

Kim said...

totally love the journaling on the photo!!

Chloe said...

This is such a cool boy page!! Love the journaling on the photo - really pops. Thanks for visiting my blog and for joining in the Bird is the Word blog hop :-)
Hope you have a great week!!

Cecelia said...

Hello there my friend;0) Awesome LO! I love the spiderwebs and all the embellies are great! And the pic of Nate is soooo cute!
How has life been treating you? Been super busy here. I really need to email you so we can chat. When things slow down I will for sure do that. Have a great evening and talk to you soon.

Your friend
Cecelia B

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous LO!!
Love the embellishments you used and what a fun title!!
Did you add ink or stamps to the white paper background or did the paper come like that?
Love the picturs of your home!
Looks like a pretty place.
Hope you have a blessed week!
Love to you & Nate!

Colleen B. said...

LOL, that pic is sooooo cute :) Love your LO Mel, love the layers and lots of details. Thanks for sharing your pics with us, lovely home and soooooooo clean :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mel, for the sweet comment you left on my blog!!
LOVE your work too! You have a great eye for tiny details and the pics of your (very handsome!!)son Nate are the best!!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous LO of Nate Mel.. love all the layered details and the hessian looks fab!! How cute is that pic of Nate! Thanks so much for joining in at KIU this month :)

Annmaree of Oz said...

I actually did a scrappage, first time in months!

All your fault for putting me onto this challenge site hehee ;-)

Guess I should Thank You!

Lynnda said...

Hello Mel... Hope you and Nate are doing well... Thank you so much for the birthday wish....
Your layout is simply beautiful... with Nate on the layout...its pop up and stunning...I always enjoy your pages...very inspiring.... and I cant wait 26... YAY...its your turn...:wink:...and I love your "space" ...neat...and the lounge too... Likewise...me love fresh flowers... have a great week ahead MEl... hugs and kisses to Nate...and muackkss...to you...xoxo

Debbie said...

How nice of you to share your home with us!!! Love your wine rack, sorry it's empty. If I lived closer I would bring you a bottle of wine!! Cute layout - all boy!!!!!

Marelize said...

This is such a gorgeous layout Mel. Lol! Love the pic of Nate's grubby face.
Great lounge and wine rack. :)

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Hi! Thank you much for playing along with the Bird Is The Word blog hop! Thank you also for your lovely comments and for following my blog! Take care, Nadia.

Nikki xx said...

Your layout of Nate is beautiful Mel :):):) He is such a beautiful little man... you can see how happy he is by the light that dances behind his eyes when he smiles....a real testament to the awesome job his mumma is doing - little people this happy know they are loved!

THe new sofa looks great too! Glad to hear the rules are still in place and all is well xxx

Roxy said...

Hey, Mel, meant to post on your last LO - it sure is cute! - but sometimes with this stupid computer it won't let me leave a comment, and I have to close down and come back to your page, and it's sooooooo slow, UGH! Anyhoo, this is a great page, too, and I loooooove seeing your space! You are a very neat and tidy person (or did you spiff it up before taking the photo? That's what I would do!) Nice new couch, I am quite jealous of it. We paid $40 for our hide-a-bed to stay with the house, and now we know why they wanted to leave it behind - maybe we'll leave it too! But speaking of extra beds, if you ever make it over here, of course you could stay as long as you want! We would love to have you, anytime, anyway!!! I will have to write you an email sometime as I am obviously rambling, but thanks so much for all your support, it means a ton to me, Love your friend, Roxanne.

Michelle H. said...

I love the picture of your precious dog laying under the table so sweet!
I still will uoload that Lo to the challenge but I will wait until Sat. night!
Im going out of town and now we are speding the night!
Im finally going to meet Rita!!
I tell you more about that later!
Hope you and Nate are having a wonderful week!
Sorry about the delay but we just decided yesterday to spend the night so I have some packing to do!
Love to you & Nate!!

Belinda said...

Gorgeous Mel!!