Sunday, December 5, 2010

Artastic December challenge, Frosted Designs.

Hello dear friends, hope this post finds you well and happy, well it may be Christmas but there is no stopping the challenges they just keep coming, and this month at arTASTIC it was a doozy, for the full diva demand points you have a stable, gold embossing and and angel displayed on your page. I called in the big guns for this, prima papers, my a2z window which is actually looking into my stable and I gold embossed the word child and the star above the "i", the angel is on the right and is cut from a diary I once had. Hope you like the end result.

I just love arTASTIC, Shazza always manages to set "out of the box" criteria and I always really have to think about my layouts. Isn't this pic of Nate super cute....he is so gorgeous with his angelic face when he sleeps.


Friends Deb and Ange are on the DT for "Frosted Designs" so I participated in their Blog hop today, it was great, so much eye-candy and great prizes too. The layout you need to create has to incorporate bling or sparkle. I created this layout of "Angel" she is good friend Amanda Taylor's beautiful dog and I added kindyglitz to all the flowers and the trail of the butterfly and was totally guilt free as their is no Nate in this layout....




In this pic Nate is flying a kite but he let go of the string and it just flew off and luckily I caught him laughing his head off as he ran after it. We had a wonderful day at the park. We have tried several times since this day and unfortunately there has not been enough wind to fly the kites again. So I guess this makes this day extra special.























A few weekends ago we went to the O'Neill yearly Christmas get together and Nate got to catch up with my cousins kids, it was just wonderful, here is Harriet and Nate just looking out over Wivenhoe Dam. I had a great time catching up with my cousins, Aunt's & Uncles, and to see our kids playing together was just priceless. This photo is just another example of Nate growing up. Wow he is growing into a little man right before my eyes...SLOW DOWN......not too fast.......just a little longer.....

Love to you all and your families. Melxx

23 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous LO's Mel!!
Really love that 1st one and how you added the window so very clever!!
Loved the picture of him laughing what a fun day at the park!!
So gald you had a wonderful time with your cousins!!
You are so brave That picture of Nate on the fence would make me nervous!!
I would be afraid he would fall through even though I let Ellie do that too but it makes me nervous sometimes!!
We have to let them be kids!!
IKWYM about slow down I wish ellie would slow down she is growing to fast too!
Happy Monday!!
Love to you & Nate!!

Anonymous said...

awww, gorgeous scrappages Mel!

He is totally growing up fast, and I think I've only been following you a year!

Couldn't find Elf at the BigW here, (couldn't find anything there I'm afraid! went looking for some CD's, what a schmozzle!)

But then someone told it was on TV the other night, I was NO your kidding me!?! could of taped it!

*sigh* will keep my eyes peeled if i go into anymore stores, but it was crazy busy in there yesterday, so i dont think I'll be going back in for awhile!

BIG HUGS to you both, have a great new week!

Peggy said...

Beautiful LO's Amanda! I really like how you created the window for the stable ... the stable had me puzzled for a while, didn't really know how to start on that one. You LO turned out gorgeous!
I know exactly what you mean about wanted them to slow down...
Enjoy your Sunday!
xxx Peggy

Cathy said...

WOW Mel your Artastic LO is so stunning... love all the layered detail and your picture window... just gorgeous!!! So loving the flower cluster on your Angel LO!! You always take the cutest pics of Nate... so sweet!! We'll have to try and fit in a visit before Christmas. Have a fab week :) hugs

Lynnda said...

Oh MEL.... I'm so in love with Nate... arrr...NO...Meant to say your 1st layout...its so gorgeous...Totally in love with it...the colors...the embellies..but the most stunning is that little window with Nate's grid photo...JUST GORGEOUS!!!!You are amazing MEL!!!...Perfectly done...And of course... 2nd layout is just as perfect as the 1st...lovely photo too...love it...

You always managed to catch NATE picture in different way!!!..love it...especially with him on the fence!!!

Big hugs and kisses to you and Nate...have a great week ahead...and opppssy...Happy MOnday Chickadee!!!...LOL...

Anonymous said...

Hey Mel, you'll have to email me so we can chat, emuupagumtree@ anywhere, lol, hotmail, gmail, bigpond, take your pick lol.
I did have you email address but for the life of me can't find it.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Those lo's are ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee them!!! And that photo of Nate laughing... just pure perfection!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layouts Mel I especially love the window frame of Nate
Yip they grow up way too fast my baby is going for his first part time job interview tomorrow ... I feel sooooo old!

Wendy said...

Mel love love love your 1st layout..... that photo of Nate is just gorgeous and I LOVE the window frame! I have one similar in my stash and I now know how to use it .. thanks! Take care Wendy:)

T.W said...

Lovely work as usual~ The first LO is amazing, love the blue fairy to the right, she's adorable...
And the second one is so cool! You know how I love kraft meeting bold colors~ And I definately need to process some black&white photos to scrap, this looks awesome!

Wishing you a good start of the new week, monday again tomorrow...

all the days of our life said...

WOW These are gorgeous. Thanks for doing the blog hop at Frosted Designs.

Thank you for your comments on my Dec. Daily, you asked me about the Christmas pp, They are all from K & Co Tidings of Comfort and Joy. and Recollections Old Fashioned Christmas.

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW!WOW! 2 FAB LO's, Just LOve that first , SOOO much detail-Gr8 Job.
Cute pic's toooo. Thanx for the Lovely comments you leave on blog!!
XX

Roxy said...

Oh my gosh, Mel, you've really outdone yourself with that first one! All of the elements are just soooooooo delicious!!! I love the photos of Nate, they are really priceless!

RobinJ said...

Just wonderful LOs, Mel!!! Great pics also. And I totally understand about how quickly the little ones grow up!
Hugs, RobinJ

amanda73 said...

lovin both these layouts, and wow, i love that pic of angel, thanks for doing a page of her..... just gorgoeus, and love those pics of Nate esp the one of him running

Fern said...

Your first layout is just beautiful!! And the second one is so just so cute and sweet!! I love the Websters bloomers and the embellies you used on the second one!! Thanks hopping along with us over at Frosted Designs!!

Kate said...

i love all your clustering mel!!!

yyam said...

Oh wow! That first layout is just stunning! Love the window and all the pretty details! :)

Anonymous said...

Your pages are beautiful!!
Have you revamped your blog

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

The first layout is just a real knock out and absolutely devine! Love all the flowers and the details - and the color combo is stunning.

Love the second one to - the big cluster on the right side, really makes this layout pop!

Samantha Hauzer said...

LOVE these layouts Mel! That first one....wow! Love that window frame around the photo. And love the photo on that second layout. Love the pics of Nate too, he is such a cutie :)

Angela said...

WOW Mel both your LO are STUNNING! I love the window on the first! and good on you for doing a LO on yourself! love it! I never do one on myself unless it is a specific for a challenge!! hope you are well my friend! Thanks so much for joining in on the blog hop and playing with us at Frosted Designs! xxxx

LG said...

MEl that first layout is STUNNING! I love the little window with all those flowers and embellishments. It really looks like Im peeking through a window