Thursday, October 28, 2010

Get picky sketch challenge, Scrap Gal, Lynnda's give away























Okay everyone, I know you have probably heard way too much whinging from me re: my lack of mojo but I made this layout for the GET PICKY sketch challenge this month. I made the two top flowers and the bottom 2 rolled flowers the other is a prima. I think I like this layout....and these are the gorgeous broms that grow up the back in my garden. I have to show you now the layout I send to Tanya to get some advice on....this was my first go at the sketch challenge, It started out as a 12" layout and then got cut down to a 11"x8 1/2" - have you ever done something like this? but I still want to put it out there......

So I have achieved 2 layouts in two weeks but things are steaming up, I won some Nikki Sivils "Tree Love" paper over at SKETCHES 4 ALL, so going to do a layout today.......


As you can imagine their is no shortage of photo opportunities when there is a 3 year old in the house, Nate hates having his hands sticky and/or dirty so he says this is a better way to eat his mango.......

Okay, I have some friends at Scrap Gals (which I recently joined) thanks to Rita and they have this amazing give away so just click HERE check it out.



and good friend Lynnda Hosni is having a great give away also to check out her great blog and this gorgeous Wicked Princess kit click HERE


Okay now I am out the way for a couple of days, it is now off to get inspired by all your gorgeous works. Catch up soon, hope you and yours are well and happy. Love to you all Melxx






22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pages hunn!!!

So well deserved on the win!

Enjoy the weekend with that beautiful busy boy!

Debbie said...

Love your garden layout Mel! Your flowers turned out wonderful! Love all the dimension! I started a garden album a few years ago. Still have a ton of pictures to scrap! Maybe I'll draw some inspiration from you!

amanda73 said...

oh wow, love that get picky layout of yours, love your work....... and pmsl at nate eating the mango

let me know if you still comin over on monday????

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

I love both of those layouts, Mel! I really don't see any lack of mojo what so ever, but we are always our own worst critics aren't we? Thanks again for playing along, I love that you are joining in and hope to see you play along again if you get a chance :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo on winning Nikki's tree love!! i loveeeeeeeeeeee that line!!! I hope you share with me what you create!! I love love love both of these!! The flowers are AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Samantha Hauzer said...

Gorgeous layouts Mel! Don't be so hard on yourself, I think they both look great :)

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous layouts Mel... as always... I dont see any lack of mojo there.... but but we are always our own worst critics!!!...

Cute picture of Nate... look at his I kinda miss Matin during that age... lotsa funny things happened!! Definitely good memories...

Thank you so much Mel... for spreading the words... love you best buddy!! ... have a good one...xoxo

Christine said...

Oh wow, what beautiful pages, those flowers are stunning!

Nikki xx said...

Beautiful layout Sam :):):) Those flowers really are gorgeous :)

Michelle H. said...

Love your misting and gorgeous flowers!!
That LO is so gorgeous!!
How cute with him eating his mango's we love mango's too!
Love that LO you cut to a smaller size very creative!!
Love the cluster of flowers!!
Yes I have done that once or twice!
Love to you and Nate!!

Rita Barakat said...

Oh my goodness I love that garden page Mel!!!What lack of Mojo!They look great to me!!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous LO's Mel, looks like your mojo's on the mend!! Loving the handmade flowers... just beautiful!! hugs :)

Kelly Massman said...

Both are gorgeous Mel!

T.W said...

So cool LO's!
I used to scrap in A4 size, maybe not exactly the same as you've cut your 12" LO, but the proportions look similar I think. Either way, it looks awesome!

I agree with Nate, I hate sticky hands... O_O I can't do anything until I've washed them. XD

Jessica G. said...

Wonderful layouts, Mel! Your broms are gorgeous and so are the paper blooms that complement them.

Adorable photos of Nate -- don't you love kid logic?

Michelle H. said...

Your handmade flowers on that LO are gorgeous!!
Hope you and Nate had a fabulous weekend!!
Love to you and Nate!!

One Paper Heart said...

Your handmade flowers are gorgeous Mel, and great idea scrapping your flower they are beautiful.
Nate loves his mangoes.

Wendy said...

Agree with the others Mel, both these LO's are gorgeous. LOVE the handmade flowers and the photos of Nate priceless!! Hope you had a good weekend! W :)

Michelle H. said...

Glad you like the tag!
It was fun to try and can't wait to try it again!!
Hope you and Nate have a fabulous Tuesday!!
Can't wait to see your Utee project!!
Love & hugs to you and Nate!!

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful layouts as always thanks for sharing!!!

Roxy said...

Hey, Mel, love both the layouts! Those flowers (the real ones and the embellies!) are stunning! And I really like the 11x8 1/2 size, looks really cool! Congrats on winning some more stuff. Love Rox.

Cindy Lee said...

You are awesome!! I'm swoon!