Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Just for me layout






Hello everyone, wow it is freezing here, been 0 degrees all day, wow I wore a scarf today and have a pair of socks and slippers on, wow it is so not a pretty site, I forgot to mention the pink flanellette pj's with bears on and a hot pink dressing gown....but I am warm.

I just created the first layout for me, I loved this gorgeous paper and have had some Little Yellow Bicycle transparency overlays for ages so I cut up the words and they read, I will love you today, tomorrow and forever and the pic is of Nate sitting on a openair mini train at the Ipswich Museum, it is one of my favourites of him.

My friend Teru, who I got to meet being on Design Dollies site, asked me to share the page in the Scrapbook Creations this month, so Teru here it is my friend, I hope you like it, if you get a chance, click on his name, he is so young, lives in Sweeden - and is such a talented scrapbooker, he does his pages in 8" x 8" size, and whilst your their, check out his two gorgeous boys (well they are real to him and you know what I have come to know them as real little boys also).

The bottom layout is really old, but I thought I might share it with you, probably about 18 months ago, it is one of the ones I feel comfortable sharing as some are just shocking to me now days. I still love the memories in the old ones but well - you may know what I am trying to say....

Just a few things to share, Nate had his first horse ride (I didn't have my camera can you believe), went to the Handmade markets on Saturday and bought my farm produce and homemade cakes & Monday Nate rode his bike while I walked the dogs. Well that's about all the news, will pop over to your blogs and see what you have all been up to. Love to you all dear friends, Love Melxx

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, these are awesome, and oh so cute!!!

Its nice to look back on older layouts and feel the memories!!

Its freezing here too, wearing my beanie and scarf, changed my avvie pic to show everyone, teehee!

Lynnda said...

wow another gorgeous LO... I love your LO...very inspirational to me... yes its freezing too here in Melbourne....brrrrrrrrrrr...keep warm... xx

Jocelyn said...

Oh how awesome are these and I adore the first one...the colors and flowers are PERFECT!!!

AHHHH....to be chilly....we are still in the midst of over 100 degree temps.....you feel like a melting ice cream when you hit the front door!!!

Enjoy your time together!!!! Have a wonderful day!!!

Cathy said...

Fabulous LO's Mel... absolutely adorable, loving the colours of the 1st one and the hand cut elements in your older LO. Thanks so much for the kinds words on my blog. You always leave the sweetest comments :)

Wendy said...

Lovely work Mel as always! Love all your hand cutting, you are so good at it!! and I agree it is SO cold at the moment!! I'm so over winter already!!! xx

glorygirl said...

Such great layouts, Mel! Can't decide which is my fave but I really love how the colors in the top one really complement your son!

amanda73 said...

these are all awesome mle, just love love your work....

Cecelia said...

These LO's are beautiful. I love all the flowers and colors! Love the pics too!

Sasha Farina said...

super cute layouts! i love the snapshot of you pubbed LO :)

Michelle H. said...

I love all of these LO's OMG!
They are all gorgeous!!
Sorry its so cold!!
Hope you have a short and quick Winter!
How fun that he rode his first horse I have a few pitures of dd and have only scrapped two with her on the horse so I will need to create some more of thoe LO's.
I did that recetly too I did not have my camera for a picture I was bummed!
Thanks so much for your sweet email!!
Hope you both continue to have a blessed week!
Love & hugs!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Awesome layouts as usual! The older one is brilliant too, by the way. I bought the ideas book online here http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/scrapbook-ideas-book-2/

the shipping was really quick - only took a week to get to me! I saw volume 1 in a newsagent near my house but am thinking it will probably be awhile before volume 2 will be on the shelf. It's a really great mag - so well put together and has heaps of inspiration in it. Oh, the layout in the book is a pic of Asher ;)

I'm so happy you joined the Nook. The message boards are a wonderful place, so welcoming - I look forward to seeing you over there! You'll also get exclusives by being a member. You have made the right choice Mel!!! I'm organising your $25 credit as soon as I figure out how to do it ;)

Moonie said...

wow Mel,you are keen getting out your old layout to show.... but it is quite cool and wouldnt notice it really being an older one.. I remember when i was still living up north and just into scrapping and saw those letters which i loved.. they were chipboard letters.. I could not wait to get my hands on some.. so til then i cut some out..!!! OMG random! Love your first layout especially.. Looove that paper.

T.W said...

Aww, thanks for the kind words... X3 (and of course the boys are real, not like they're invisible lol XD)
And yay, I get to see your feature in the mag! I'm sure more people were curious as well~ Looks awesome, and so does your new creations!

I'd love to have some cold here, it isn't too fun being sweaty n' packing boxes and cleaning while the sky's blue, sun is bright and I can walk to the beach in 5mins... but can't 'cause gotta get all this done... Ah well... =/

Wish you a happy scrappy day!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, Mel, these are fabulous! ALL magazine-worthy ... submit 'em!!

We're hot here ... but then again, it's always warm here. Wish I could send you some "warm!"

Off to check out your friend, Teru. Stay well ... sending hugs!

Michelle H. said...

Thanks sweetie!!
I love anything and will be blessed!!
Which one of these LO's was published or I think you can't show it yet?
Hoping you and Nate stay warma nd are havign a blessed week!
Love & hugs to you both!!

Melissa said...

your LO's are all so beautiful! thanks for your wonderful comments in my blog, they always make me smile. about the black and white background on my "All Mine" LO the paper came like that. i got the set of papers and puch out embellies at Big lots for $5.00, it was a bargain. thank you again. by the way your little men is so cute!

Liz Weber said...

Hiya Mel, ffrreeezzziiinnggg isn't it lol... I can relate to the pj's.

LOVE LOVE your layouts. Congrats on the publication, not surprising since your layout designs are amazing! One day I will get published hehe!

That first layout is AMAZING Mel, love love the cutting out and the gorgeous paper and of course your handsome boy Nate is growing so fast!

Hope you guys stay warm and have a wonderful weekend Mel!

Regards to Jan as well!

Binxcat1 said...

Hey! Gladd you are joining in at STB... can't wait to see your little man's page! Thanks for stopping by my blog too... oh and I checked out Teru... hang on that sounds wrong... I checked out his blog! ;) OMG it's me meets my son (huge online gamer & Ninetendo fan) he would <3 these BJD's BUT HE WOULDN'T ADMIT IT! ;) TFS

Wati Basri said...

lovely and precious LOs there!!!

Natalie said...

Hello Gorgeous...love these pages!! Nate looks so grown up in the first one!!! Hope you are warming up...today was a little warmer in my part of the country!! Hugs

LG said...

You've been a busy lady Mel. This are all so beautiful and precious. I love how you embellish all your pages

Sarah Lou said...

Hi chickadee!!!!!!!
I was so excited wen I flicked through the mag and though i reconise that lil guy!!!

I love love love love your fussy cutting, I dont think I have the patience, lol!!! You have such an eye for how stuff goes together!!!!

Im feeling you with the cold ( actually just mentioned it in the email i just sent ya!) hope you are staying warm and snug!!!!!

Nate would of made the cutest cowboy ever!!!

Anonymous said...

hi! i've been bloghopping and came across your blog! you make gorgeous layouts! Thanks for sharing :-) hugs from Marie, Norway.

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Sweet friend!!
Just wanted to wish you and Nate a wonderful weekend!!
Hope you both have a blessed one!
Love & hugs to you both!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for that wonderful comment in my blog, it warms my heart :-) i've been thinking about writing in english as well, so if you visit my blog again, it will be possible for you (and hopefully others as well) to understand the text. About that LO you commented, it's about our hopes for our children's future. About never giving up and about being good to others - and to always follow their dreams. It's only the journaling that I have printed out on my pc. xx - Marie