Thursday, June 24, 2010

doing tacos, poodle cuddles





Hello my dear friends, hope this post finds you in good spirits, not too cold if you are in Australia and not to hot if you are like some of my blogger friends in the USA. Wow I am in a bit of shock, this happens when you don't watch the news and when I went to bed last night we had a man as Prime Minister of our Country and this morning upon waking find out we now have a lady Prime Minister, yay for the girls, I have always liked Julia, saw her story on tv one night and she seems very down to earth....anyway just hope things work out for us all, not really into politics...

The layouts today are one of myself and dearest Stanley Poodle, he is 8 now and larger than his dad Max but is still my baby, how sad hey, as they are starting to get on in age I do worry I have enough documentation to look back on to remember them. I have Nate and 14 year old max here right now running around like madmen. Sounds like a heard of elephants, when we go shopping Nate always wants to buy Max and stanley a toy and so they have almost as big a collection of toys as Nate himself. I am struggling putting a page together at the moment, just so content sitting in front of the tv and cutting things out, but this is coming to an end as I just have so many cut outs and I have to stick them on to a page.

Hope you like the layouts, used some old Luxe papers on the layout of myself and stanley and the 2nd layout is one I just had to create with photos I took of Nate eating tacos for the very first time. Bit of doodling on this one, not sure exactly if I like it or not, you know how you have those ones. But it's all about capturing the memories and looking at these photos just make me smile.

I have been a shocking blogger this week time has just flown for me here, will check in on you all and see what you have all created and look forward to catching up. Love to you all. Melxx

23 comments:

amanda73 said...

WOW, lovin both those LOs, you are sooo talented
bet there was a mess with the taco eating lol....

Samantha Hauzer said...

Ooh...love both those layouts, they are stunners!

Chloe said...

Gorgeous pages!!!

Cathy said...

Love your LO's Mel. The Cuddles page is gorgeous, love the colour combo and your LO with Nate eating tacos is adorable... he's such a cutie!!

Marelize said...

Wow! I love both these layouts Mel. The photo of you and Stanley is stunning and the doodling looks great. :)

Anonymous said...

I love these two pages, the first is aweomse so girly and fun!
The seconds so birght and happy and kid-like!
Great stuff!

Crazy about the PM huh? so weird! But should be interesting!!

Natalie said...

Hey Mel, how are you gorgeous?
Love these pages...that is a great photo of you!!! Love how Nate buys toys for the dogs...too cute. I went out shopping with just Noah today and I swear if I let him he would have brought home a truck load of things for his sister...but not pretty girl stuff...we are talking, trucks and boy stuff galore...lol.

Hugs

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

These layouts are fabulous, Mel!! I know, I got a shock to hear about the PM too. It all happened so fast. I feel sorry for Kevin!

Sarah Lou said...

Those are the best taco eating photos I have ever seen!!
Stunning layouts! I love the contrast between the two showing that you can rock any style!!
Dont worry bout apologizing for being a slack blogger. Life before internet and ill still be here reading!

glorygirl said...

Wonderful layouts!!! I especially like the poodle cuddles. Makes me think of the goldendoodle that's still on my wishlist :-) Weather here is finally manageable. 80 and humid. Until tomorrow.....either rain or 90 degrees with humidity. Always an adventure!

Jocelyn said...

Love these Mel.....just adorable....and the Tacos...YUM!!!!

We are in the midst of a major heat wave...temps in the 100's and I am so hating it....can you send me a box of cool air!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

Deb Neerman said...

These are fabulous, Mel! I love 'em both, but am especially lovin' the "Cuddles" LO! You should submit that one to a magazine ... it's that good!

T.W said...

I agree with above commenters; these are amazing! Beautiful work as usual, doll!
Now I'm hungry for tacos... XD

Roxy said...

Thanks about the info on the PM situation, my cousin had something on her facebook about feeling sorry for the old PM over there, so now I know a bit about what she meant. Love both your layouts, especially the colours and flowers in the first!

Cecelia said...

Hello Mel! Love, Love, Love these LO's. I do not think I can say anything different than the other ladies have already said but those pics of your son are absolutely adorable. Shots like that are priceless;0)

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Hi Mel! I hope you are doing well. Your layouts are great:) They get better every time I stop by here!

Hugs, Windy

Michelle H. said...

OMG!! I love both opf these Lo's!!
What adorable picture of you with your dog so sweet!
Love the LO of Nate eating the tacos and you rocked the doodling!!
Love the cluster of embellishments on the LO!! Gorgeous!!
IKWYM I sometimes may not like something I create but others do and like you said its all about the memories!!
How cold has it been where you live? Its been 87- 89 but we get a breeze from the bay so it keep it helps keep us cooler. Do you live in a big or small city/town?
We live on the coast and have 8,000 in our town the closet largest city is 50 minutes away and they have 300,000.
Hope you both have a warm and Blessed weekend!!
Hugs & Love to you both!!

Corrina said...

Heya Mel Gal, how are you? Love the layouts...the one of you and your poodle is so so so cute ...and nate is cuteness himself munching those tacos :D
Bruhhhh bruuuhhhh brrrrrr here! Hugs C x

Julie said...

these are great Mel. I can't wait to see my page in the new SM mag. Still haven't seen it in the shops yet.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sweet comments, you rock! and I appreaciate it soo much!

Max and Stan sure are spoiled pooches with their jumpers, too cute!

Hope you try your hand at a tag one-day!

Hope you and Nate are well, enjoy the weekend!

Julia Sáddi said...

So, so beautiful, Mel!!! Love the way you used MLSB paper with the black background, wow!!! Mel, thanks for the compliments and yes, I love Imaginisce and if your friend could take a look at it, I would feel so glad! :D I dream of being lucky enough to become their Design Team Member one of these days. My Aussie Magazine has arrived and I am in love with it: beautiful layouts, s-b-s and Kaszazz products. Wow, Kaszazz Bold and Bright collection is so, so cute!!! Mel, dearest friend, Thanks for your help on this achievement!!! xox Julia Sáddi

Just a little bit Crafty said...

GREAT layouts Mel. Love the little heart charm on the first one and looks like Nate is enjoying those tacos.
Just wait till you get Juile's cookbook. You will never taste anything better then her hollandaise sauce. And her book is BEAUTIFUL.
Cheers, Irene

LG said...

Gorgeous as always! Love the girly touch and all the fuzzy cutting