Scrapping pictures of my 6 year old son has been my favourite thing to do, I now enjoy making cards as well, I work for Child Protection Services during the week days and have the luxury of taking and picking my little boy up from school, we have built our little dream house, have 2 chickens (Lolly & Dolly), 2 poodles and 2 loud parrots (Trevor and Charley) and fantastic friends and neighbours.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Artastic Challenge
This is my entry for Artastic this month, PRESS HERE for the inspiration picture I designed the layout from. The criteria this month is to do a layout in shades of pink, have a bird on the layout and some roses. There are some amazing prizes for the winning entries. Hope you can give it a go.
Wow the Nook Uni is over now, I just couldn't compete with the girl's, the last challenge was 24 layouts, cards, tags etc in 24hrs. Nate has got a lot of congestion at the moment and now I feel like I am awfully slack too. It was a heap of fun though, I just cannot be on the computer like some of the other girls are.
One of the five cards I made for Final's challenge #2, made this for Nate's 4th birthday well in advance......
A layout I did for challenge #4 for the finals.
And while I was uploading this week, I walked into the kitchen and this is what I found, a whole tin of coffee, a tin of pineapple, and that empty container at the back was full of brown sugar.....and this is why I cannot afford to be on the computer for long periods, Mr Mischief would just have a field day, I seriously wonder what the hang he thinks he was making......it was super disgusting and sticky, but I just had to take a photo and I did have a laugh.......to myself of course.....
Love to you all. Melxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




20 comments:
lol @ Nates Master Chef efforts!
Those layouts and card are fab Mel!! Such a shame you couldn't compete with the other Nook girls to win the final prize, I would have LOVED to see you win it! I was quietly cheering for you!
Sorry I haven't been leaving you any comments, but rest assured, not a post goes up without me admiring your work,
Shell xx
LOL at that last pic Mel!!! What a cheeky boy! Love those layouts and the card, all are just gorgeous, as always :)
stunning layouts love them all...and pmsl at nate cooking skills
LOL @ Nate... oh god... remind me of what Matin use to do when hes like Nate age...Im so glad its all over.... its really handful but lotsa laughing too..take it easy...eh
I love your layouts ..they are just gorgeous... the colors the embellishments used... very well coordinated.... and of course the photos of you and Nate are both darling...
im so happy to see you back Mel... take care..xx
Hehehe24 lo in 24 hours!! You got to be kidding me!!!! I would need a month! My stomach hurts from laughing at the beautiful looking "cake" I think Nate was making!! A whole tin of coffee!! What was he thinking!!!?! Hugs girl x
LOVING his 'food' creation!! hehehehe :):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeee the lo's and that card!! LOVING all the flowers on that first one! WOW! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Mel those layouts are gorgeous and that card is so so cute!!! Had to laugh at that pic of Nate's cooking skills. They get into so much mischief at that age. :)
Such wonderful work Mel, (what a great card), and how funny about your Little Man!
xoxo-RobinJ
awwww gorgeous layout!!!!!! I have to get cracking on artastic and screen2scrap!
awesome monstor card!
perfect 'student' layout too!
and OMG at the masterchef LOL... How hilarious, yet expensively annoying lmao.... that sone for the scrappages for sure!!!!!!!
Gorgeous gorgeous LO's Mel!!
Love the cluster of flowers in the first one!!
The Bday crd I just love and its is so adorable!!
You should submit that one to the blog!!
Love the border strip and cards on the last one really love the design on that LO!!
How fun he was wanting to make you something!!
I'm sure when he gets older he is going to want to help you more in the kitchen!!
If you would have saved half of what he made you could have made a coffee cake is kind of like a muffin in apn the kind they make here!
Some people do add coffee to it brown sugar, eggs, flour and cinnamon on top really delicious!!
I cant imagine trying to complete that many items in 24 hours I could not have done that either!
I would have loved to see you win too!
All of your projects are amazing!!
You have a lot to be proud about making the top 15!! That is so awesome!!
Love to you and Nate!!
Hey, I hear ya on leaving the kids unsupervised! They can be VERY creative (re. destructive!) Love the layouts, and that card is ADORABLE!!! 24 layouts in 24 hours??? That is INSANE!!! I don't think I could do that in my wildest dreams, even without family obligations. Ah well, sounds like you had a good time at uni...To answer your question about a "lush" it's a lady who likes the liquor, tee hee! Is that the same as a "Charlene"? Hugs to you and Nate, and hope he feels better, Rox.
I love the story about your budding chef!!! So cute! Of course, i also love your work, as usual! :-)
Oh my....you did some stunning work my sweet friend...you talent never ceases to amaze me...so filled with the most wonderful detail work!!
Oh dear...Mr Nate has been busy being a budding chef!!!! This is a page in the making!!!
LOVE you and wishing you a wonderful day!!!! :-)
lol mel i had to laugh, heidi made her school lunch this morning.. dont you love these mini masterchefs of ours? LOL
thats too funny Mel!!! original recipe anyway!!! Sorry havent popped by lately, time is flying by and my little man gets into all sorts of mischief so i too cant turn my back for long!!!! Scrapping is now at night time.
gorgoeus scrapping as usual!! take care, Belinda xxx
Hey Mel! Sorry I've been so slack lately! Just been catching up on your 'stuff'! Love your card for Nate, don't you just love those Sass monsters! and your student LO is gorgeous, totally understand not keeping up with 24 LO in 24hrs!! Not sure I could do that in 24 days LOL!!! Love the mess in your kitchen too .. cute! :) Enjoy the rest of your week .. Wendy xx
lol at Nate's antics Missy Mel he looks as if he keeps you on your toes.
Great projects here too.
Amazing creations once again Mel!!!! I can never get tired of looking at your works
Hi, Mel!!
So glad you are feeling better!!
Your N.S. items were shipped out today and a little something for Nate too!
Hope you and Nate have a fabulous Saturday!!
Love to you and Nate!!
Oh, Nate is so innovative. I've never thought of trying that combonation of ingredients together. LOL! I can totally see why you can't be on the computer all the time Mel.
Your layouts are stunning and I love that card you made for Nate. I'm sure he'll love it too.
Have a super weekend.
Post a Comment