Scrapping pictures of my 6 year old son has been my favourite thing to do, I now enjoy making cards as well, I work for Child Protection Services during the week days and have the luxury of taking and picking my little boy up from school, we have built our little dream house, have 2 chickens (Lolly & Dolly), 2 poodles and 2 loud parrots (Trevor and Charley) and fantastic friends and neighbours.
Monday, October 4, 2010
Nook Scraflift challenge, Nate with stash
Hi everyone, hope you are all well, a beautiful day here today, gosh I hope it stays like this, just want to get some washing done, whinge and whine, I sound terrible......I must be getting old.
The above layout is by TANYA TAHIR, she is a fantastic scrapper and is the reason I joined The Nook's monthly kit subscription, and attended the Nook Uni, so thank you Tanya, I am so glad you encouraged me.
We had a challenge at the Uni to Scraplift a layout, so below you will see my layout, I just loved how Tanya used her mist, but of course I couldn't quite replicate it but was happy with the layout none the less. I hope you like it.
I feel very honoured to have made the top 15 at the Uni, their are 4 Aussies, Nicole Pomeroy, Anthea Peterson, Karen Brierly and myself. So this week is going to be very full on. Wish me luck and I look forward to getting my inspiration from you all.
Just have to tell you that Nate had on his superman suit (just a shirt) but don't tell him it's not the entire outfit and Jan put his flashing sword up on top of the cupboard as he was getting a little rough with it, he ran into his room, got naked and brought me out his spiderman outfit and said, help me mum, I put it on him and low and behold he starts climbing up the side of the cupboard and he said "Spiderman will get it" wow the kids say the cutest, well thought of things when they want to hey. Oh wow, Aunty Jan and I just cracked up, where do they know these things from, is there a gun,sword, superhero gene built into little boys.......
Love to you all. Melxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


25 comments:
this is awesome mel, love it....take it from a mum who knows boys way too well(i have 6 of the little buggers lol), they do have superhero genes
Love the Page! The background is cool with all the layers and shapes!!!
I wish it was beautiful weather here, raining down day 3 here :(
Have a great week!
The Layout is awesome Mel... you did so well... Love the photos too
Congrats ....and good luck... my dear friend...
Yeah most boys are just like that... adores superheroes!!!...
have a great week Mel...xx
Great layout Mel!!!
Tanya's work is great, but so is yours! Awesome lift!! congrats! and Best of luck!
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! These are all AMAZING Mel!! I love love love love all the masking!! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
And heheheehehe my smileys started before I was done by SAYING.. GOOD LUCK! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
Hello Mel;0) I love this technique! I have seen it before and really need to try it myself. Your LO is great! Love the circle shapes. Congrats to you my friend and I wish you the best of luck:)
Hugs
Cecelia B
Congrats on making it in the Top 15 Mel. Your work is always awesome girl. I love your layout. Looks great!
Hehehe... Nat is so cute. :)
xoxox
Congrats on the top 15 - great layout love the glimmer misting - don't kids do the cutest things!
Big congrats to you the top 15!! WTG! So well deserved!!
Love your scraplift I think you rocked it!!
Love all the bling you added!!
What a fun thing that he came out with spiderman and said he will get you!!
That is so funny and adorable!!
Such a fun age!!
Hoping you and Nate have a fabulous Tuesday!!
Lots of love to you and Nate!!
Congrats on making the top 15 - you are amazing and I knew you could do it. Your lift is super, I love it to bits!!! xxx
Congrats on making top 15!!! That LO is fantastic... love the background and all the layering.. great scraplift!! :)
Oh my....Nate is as adorable as ever! Such a cute lil pie! Congrats and good luck to you Mel!
Hi Mel,
I hope you are doing well. Your pages all looks awesome... you are such a great scrapper. Thanks for sharing them all:)
Your Nook U layouts have been amazing Mel - love your work chickie xx Good luck in the Finals! Not sure I like the first of the finals assignments, but I'm going to give it a good try :)
I love all the circles and the tape measure on this layout, and the masking is so cool! Good luck with your finals, can't wait to see what you create!!! Hugs, Roxy.
Hello again;0) Thank you for your always sweet comments;0) To answer your question...my cards are 5x5 which is larger than the standard but there are envelopes to fit that size. I have made a couple
6x6 for a special friend/occassion but that is unusual. If you want to give me your address I can make one for you? Here is my email...ceceliab376@yahoo.com if you would like me to send you one.
Hugs to you and Nate;0)
Cecelia B
Great LO my dear, i really need to give masking a go, just not the best at misting. Soooo missing scrapping i havnt did a scrappy thing since a week past on Sunday, just been getting them all uploaded this week atlast. Have been doing college assesments like mad to get this course complete. 6 weeks to go but im trying to get it done before that to just get it out the way. im so over it lol. No still not recieved a happy package hun, but hey you know what the postage is like this side of the world. I did treat myself to the oct kit though not sure why as i have nothing to use it for really. think i plan to take old layouts apart that i didnt like and re-do them all. you know lucys first halloween etc. im sure this kit will do all her halloweens mind haha. well im back off to finish my housework, im on the last room of the house yay, have did heaps today in the house so i can enjoy tomorrow in the sun yay. Oh yea me and lucy have spent SAT, sun, mon, tue out in the garden been so lovely. gary working this week yay, just doing some contracting for a friend money will come in very handy. take care hun , talk soon x
My gosh, gorgeous layouts by you & love how u played with mist & I am sure you will produce more beautiful layouts :)
Wonderful layout Mel! Congrats girl on making the top fifteen! I have to laugh at your story of Nate! You've got to love the imagination of a child.
wow, wow, wow, wow wow wow wow!!!!!!!!! i love your take on it! and congrats on top 15! im not surprised i love watching your layouts and seeing your scrapping grow into more greatness!
Hi, Mel!
Thanks sweet friend yes we are doing good!
Had a wonderful weekend restful and fun!
Love your challenge over at S4A!
I plan on working on it sometime next week!
Hope all is well for you and Nate!
Love & hugs to you both!
Your take is fabulous!
Hi, Mel!
Hope you and Nate have a blessed and fun Saturday!!
Do we have until the end of the month for your scraplift challenge or is it due on the 15th?
I plan on working on it next week!
Love to you Nate!!
Post a Comment