Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sketches for all, The Nook Mini Album

Hi everyone, Well if you have noticed I have been absent a little from blogland of late, well I am back and looking forward to getting back to normality. Nook Uni was actually very full on, here was the mini album I made for the Final's challenge #1.













So this took me almost every scrappable hour this week, their was also 2 layouts, 5 cards and a 24hr = 24 projects day too, but unfortunately I just could not compete as I had to go shopping with mum to Orion for a dress for my sister's wedding.

I am again today missing the finals as I am taking Nate to the Pictures for his very first time to see "Cats and Dogs" so I cannot wait.

I am guest Designer this month at SKETCHES FOR ALL so I will be back in a day or two to tell you all about it.

Love to you all. Melxx

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is VERY cool, I love what you did here!!!!!!

Good Luck shopping, have a great weekend!

Cecelia said...

This is absolutley amazing Mel! All the detail and time you put into this is awesome;0) Did you get my comment on your last post? Check it out and let me know;0) Amazing mini book!

Your friend
Cecelia B

Anonymous said...

Just amazing Mel!!!
Love all the details and papers used.
Have fun at the movies:)

Samantha Hauzer said...

Wow, that mini is awesome!! And omg that comp sounds full on! Hope you have fun at the movies today with Nate, I'm sure he will love it :)

Roxy said...

Oh my gosh, Mel, this little album is fabulicious!!! I looooooove it!!! And congrats on the design team spot, I will definitely be checking it out! Time to go have a hot tub with my girl (baby's in bed and boys are at hockey). I just asked her what her first movie at the theatre was, it was Kung Fu Panda. Have fun!

Cathy said...

Fantastic album Mel. So much detail, I'm not surprised it took up so much of your time. Have a great time at the movies :)

Kelly Massman said...

Wow! I just love every detail! :-)

Michelle H. said...

Mel, This album is so stunning!!
Love every page!!
Love all the layers and designs!!
You rocked this challenge!
When do you find out if you win?
Hope you both had a wonderful time at eh movies!!
Have a fun weekend!!
Love to you and Nate!!

mummy29 said...

hi mel as always i love your work you are very talented!! and i just wanted to say congrats on getting 2 of your layouts in this months scrapbook creations magazine!!! hope you and nate enjoy your first BIG screen movie together.. have a great wknd
luv amber

amanda73 said...

wow, wow, wow, lovin that mini album...never seen you do one before, and you rocked

hope nate is good at the movies, connor wants to see cats and dogs too.....

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! This is AMAZING Mel!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and all the details! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Marelize said...

Love, love, love your mini album Mel! Very cool indeed.
Have fun at the movies.
xox

Jocelyn said...

Love this mini....you did an awesome job on it!!!

Enjoy your time with Nate!!!!

Wati Basri said...

mel...i am sooooo in love with this album!!
that is such a rockin album dear :) grt layering!

Lynnda said...

Hey Mel... I miss ya!!!...
Love your mini album... I can see lotsa of hard work!!!... Love all the details on it...Totally awesome... you rock this babe!!!....have fun shopping..xx

Megan Aaron said...

great job on the album

Deanna said...

What an amazing mini! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your designer spot!!

Anonymous said...

this is a really Cool minialbum.. well done!
//Katarina

T.W said...

What an adorable mini! I've never really done a mini before, but they always look so cute that I'm tempted to give them a try... yet I'm so scared that the embellishments will fall off or rub against each other, unlike albumed LO's who are protected in plastic folders... =/
Oh, and the blogging geisha... Loves~ X3

Cathy said...

Hi Mel, Thanks for the lovely blog comment. The best place to look for MS punches in on ebay in the US. I search for buy it now and look for the cheapest price then purchase 4-5 in a flat rate priority envelope ($13.45). One of the best dealers at the moment is kats_art. Her punches are $US12.99. Just ask beforehand how many she can fit in the envelope as some punches are bulkier than others. Hope this helps
Cathy :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous mini! I love the journaling!!!

Moonie said...

OMG Mel.... I looove these totally. sorry I have not been commenting much lately. so behind in my blogs. sometimes its nice to just have a break from it all. Loooove these tags. just awesome hun xx

T.W said...

re: I mean the stamp (or image?) of the geisha-looking girl writing something on your page saying "blogging", the 11th pic in this post. ^_^

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Mel!!
Hope you and Nate had a wonderful weekend!!
You should be getting your happy mail this week!
Can't wait until you see everything the surprise starts with J!!
Your Nikki stuff I will be mailing out on Tuesday trying to get the other packages to mail ready too so I can send them all out on the same day!
Hope you and Nate had a wonderul Tuesday!!
Love to you and Nate!

KarenB said...

I love this so much Mel, I'm not surprised that you got a placing for it!! I've loved the Nook U challenges too but the finals were WAY too much for me to handle with my shiftwork and Peter's op. You did SO well!!

Cindy Lee said...

What an amazing mini book you have there! The details were awesome! I think you should submit it for publication!

LG said...

One of the best mini album I've seen! So much details and it looks so much fun to create