Friday, October 22, 2010

Sketches for all, Purple Pumpkin, Spiderman























Hi everyone, hope you have all had a wonderful week. I know it has gone super quick. Well the mojo is still low, not much scrapping here, and the little bit I did just didn't look right to me and is on the scrap heap. But visiting all your blogs is sure to boost me. I know this is something we all go through from time to time so I am confident Mr. Mojo will return after his little holiday....

The above layout is for a challenge I set as Guest Designer at SKETCHES FOR ALL and the challenge is to use a movie as your title. I had this gorgeous Jillibean Soup papers (Monster Mash) so just had to use the title of one of Nates favourite movies - Monsters Inc.

If your looking for some challenges either for prizes or to boost your mojo I suggest popping into this great site HERE, really friendly girls, lots and lots of amazing challenges, and Michelle Hodges, for those who know her, is super talented, and she has an amazing competition HERE at the site.

Also it is reveal night for PURPLE PUMPKIN tonight, ooh, I have seen her new buttons and they are just divine, I can do super financial damage ladies without even leaving my living room........looking forward to this Sam.























I took Nate and Aunty Jan to a Community party recently and got the chance to meet Spiderman, this was the first time Nate has had his face painted and he just loved it, kept on looking at himself in the mirror, and just turning his head in all different directions, I can now understand why you need 2 bathrooms in a house, and I think the boys these days are just as particular as the girls from some of my friends comments....

Look forward to catching up dear friends. Need a big Mojo boost, so off to see what you have all been up to now. Love to you and your families. Love Melxx and of course "My little Spiderman"

24 comments:

Chloe said...

LOve this LO! The colours, the pompom trim, the stars!!! Thanks for visiting my blog ... hope you have a great weekend :-)

Cathy said...

WOW Mel absolutely fantastic LO... loving all the layered embellies and the ruffled border... so so cute!!! Nate looks so cute with his face painted... that pic should make a fab LO. Have a great day :)

Julie said...

Love that brown and yellow combo mel and the pic of Nate too.

Cecelia said...

Hello there;0) Super cute, as always! I love the blue ruffle around the picture, that is a great idea;0) And those little monsters are darling. Nate looks absolutely adorable as Spiderman;0)
I sent you some goodies;0) Not sure if you have recieved them yet? I hope you like it;0) Let me know when you do so I know it is not floating in the ocean somewhere between California and Australia...lol Take care and talk to you soon.

Hugs to you and Nate
Cecelia B

Anonymous said...

glad to hear I'm not alone in my mojo madness!

I LOVE your monster mash page, so fun!


and adorable pic of you with spiderman ;)

Kate said...

that jillibean soup range is perfect for nate photos!!! p.s. everything always sells out at purple pumpkin before i get anything :(

amanda73 said...

stunning layouts mel, love them

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

oooo your little Spiderman is soo cute!! I'm sorry to hear about your Get Picky layout, I would love to see it anyways :)

Oh I know how you feel about the publications. I haven't had one accepted in either SC or SM for quite some time now!! In fact, I just had about 15 rejections from ones I just submitted to SM this week. So there you go. Probably won't see me in many of the mags next year. My time is probably up. Aaah well, you get that hey ;)

Lynnda said...

Hi Mel... your layout is FUNTABULOUS.. I love how you use the Mash Monsters... its my fave too... this layout scream fun fun fun... love it... that spiderboy is too cute.... lovely photo Mel... thanks for sharing...

take easy my friend... and hopefully you'll have a good weekends...xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the GDT!!! That LO is AMAZING!! I love love love love love the monster as the 'o'!!!! And what an ADORABLE photo of the two of you! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous LO!!
This is one of my favorites!!
Love all the layering and all the
fun embellishments you added!
The pictures are adorable!!
Love his spiderman face painting oh how fun!!
Sounds like a great time!!
Such an adorable picture of the two of you!!
Hope you both have a wonderful Saturday!!
Lots of love to you Nate!!

Marelize said...

Gorgeous layout Mel. I love the colour combo and all the layering. And that pic is so cute. :)
Hope you have a great weekend.
xox

Wendy said...

Gorgeous as always Mel!! you know I love your work!! The monsters on you LO are so cute and I too love how you used the monster as the 'o'! Great photo of you and 'spiderboy'!!! xx

Jessy Christopher said...

Combats on ur GDT! You are one fab scrapper & no doubt u were invited to guest! I love the color combos of ur layouts & u r awesome with layering too. You look great with Nate & his spidey face painting :) Spending u some mojo vibes.... Xx

Kelly Massman said...

I love your layout! I hope I have time to play--just haven't had the creative energy this week--really all this month... :-)

Angela said...

hey gorgeous! love your beautiful LO! and your spiderman is adorable! he really is so photogenic! had to laugh about the mirror thing and boys! My three are serial mirror hogs! congrats too on the GDT! well done I will have to check it out when I have a spare minute!

Melissa said...

love the LO! beautiful! i love the colors and of course your little nate is always so adorable. congrats to you GDT at S4U and i'm enjoying your challenges. by the way we are having a DT call at SKETCHES IN THYME and it will definitely be so much fun if we have as one of the Mavens, maybe this will help you get your Creative Mojo back! hope to see you at Sketches in Thyme!

T.W said...

Such a cool page, the light blue color pops awesomely against the more neutral browns~ And those pom-pom ball ribbons whattocallthem always look so cute! I have a bit at home, yet never seem to find a spot to use it...

Yep, I can see a future cosplayer there... Hehe~ As long as I didn't inspire him to kick people it's good... XD
(I did accidentaly really kick Nico in her belly when we practiced the performance once... It wasn't hard, we just stood too close... She could laugh it off ^^;;)

Natalie said...

Mel, that page is just too cute!!! Lots of gorgeous details to take in. Hope you are well and having a great weekend. Hugs.

mummy29 said...

hi mel, love your monster inc LO handsome little boys our 2 r!!!! love it.... love nates spiderman face u can tell he is so stocked with his face his smile says it all!!! c u soon luv amber

Liz Weber said...

Congrats on the GDT Mel, that is fantastic! Love the Nate and his mate layout - the design looks fantastic and you always have a great knack with the colours and embellishments.

Nate looks super cool as Spidey!

Thanks so much for the blog love, have a great week! Regards to Jan!

Roxy said...

Wicked cool paint job on Nate there! And I love the Monsters Inc title with the little monsters - soooo cute! I'll be off to check out those sites you mentioned! Hugs, Roxy.

Cindy Lee said...

Fantastic Mel!! You are so talented! I really love this layout!

LG said...

Everything just pops on this layout. So fun! I should get me some of those papers