Scrapping pictures of my 6 year old son has been my favourite thing to do, I now enjoy making cards as well, I work for Child Protection Services during the week days and have the luxury of taking and picking my little boy up from school, we have built our little dream house, have 2 chickens (Lolly & Dolly), 2 poodles and 2 loud parrots (Trevor and Charley) and fantastic friends and neighbours.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Scrap the Boys, Cosmo Cricket Showcase
Hello dear friends, hope this finds you well, and you have all had a wonderful week so far. We had a lovely Tuesday lady's day, Wednesday Aunty Jan and I scrapped for half a day, dear friend Amber told me she is having twins......and today we wrapped Christmas pressies for a local charity and this was so much fun, Nate helped out and the lady's just love him, so it's been full on here.
I made the above layout for this month's 2nd Scrap the Boys challenge this month, it is a stunning sketch and I used the gorgeous new Cosmo Cricket range of papers I got in The Nook kit this month, and the round part of the layout is chipboard, I inked it, then stamped on it and clear embossed over the top, I was super happy with the result and got the honour of being on the Cosmo Cricket Blog and had this layout showcased so this was a wonderful start to this week.
The above photos were taken at Cathy's house (I hope you don't mind me posting Cathy) but when I saw them my first thoughts were "Where has my baby gone" I know we all talk about how time seems to just be beyond comprehension the way it travels so fast, but here is my baby sitting driving a car (not well though) using X-box - wow, guessing we all feel this way about our kids, I miss my baby....he is now a little man....
Love to you all, enjoy the rest of this week and the weekend, I am looking forward to seeing your gorgeous projects, will visit over the next few days. Melxxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



20 comments:
WOW Mel amazing LO!! I can see you're going for a bit of a grunge look which I absolutely love! All the detail and layering looks gorgeous! Congrats on your LO being featured at Cosmo!! Definitely don't mind you posting those cute pics of Nate... lucky for me my house was fairly tidy.. lol I'll send you an email re next visit.. talk soon.
Big hugs :)
omg~ Such awesome layering in this LO, wish I could do that! I always end up with "less is more" type of LO's even when I try to do layers and lots of details... =(
This is absolutely beautiful, love it~
mel i love the page and i think its fabulous how you not only share your creativity with us, but also we get to see what Nate has been up to. He is so cute!! xox
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love love that lo Mel!!! I loveeeeeeeeee all the photos and the colors too!! And your son is ADORABLE...and trust me...I sooooooooooo feel your pain! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
totally gorgeous layout, how do you make so many amazing pictures look so good!!!
Glad your having fun full weeks, and enjoying them! Thats the main thing!
wow, lovin that layout, just gorgeous.....different to what you normally do, but i love it
great pics of nate, yep they do grow up way too quick
LOVE that you put so many cute photos on your fantastic page!
This LO turned out fabby!!! I too love all the layers and the tattered edges, and the greys with the brights are so nice! It is hard when the little guys grow up. With Ailis I miss all her chub - she's so lean now, even her face is angular, and when I look back and see her round little cheeks, I just miss 'em so much! But don't worry, Nate's always going to be your baby no matter how big he gets! PS congrats on having your page featured on CC!
A great page!!! Love the multi pics and the big circle!!!
Mel love your scrap the boys LO looks like you had fun learning new tricks.
They sure do grow up too fast enjoy this time it is so precious.
Hey Mel... CONGRATS your layout being featured in COSMO...YAY!!!
I love your layout as usual... nice colors...fun and lovely photos of Nate and you... the layering and details used are just perfect match for each other... you amaze me ... love your style...Absolutely beautiful... and inspiring!!!...
Nate is too cute...yep they do grow up way too quick...too precious...
have a good weekends my dearest...xoxo
The layout is amazing!!!! I love everything about it.
Glad you had a great time wrapping the presents. What a wonderful thing to do.
WOOT! WTG on Cosmo Cricket blog!!
So well deserved!!
So happy for you!!
Very gorgeous LO!!
You really rocked that sketch!!
Love the inking & the collage of pictures!!
OMG! I can't believe how tall Nate is getting!!
So glad you had a great time at your friends house!
Thanks for your encouragement!!
Love you!!
Love that page Mel...and you know how I feel about our little men growing up to fast. Noah got his school uniform last week and I cried. The uniform shop lady gave me a look and patted me on the shoulder...lol God help me on the first day of school :). Have a beautiful weekend, gorgeous girl. Hugs.
Your layout is so cool! Congrats again on having it featured at the Cosmo blog - you totally deserve it! My Nook kit didn't show up Friday. I have a bad feeling about it.
I have no doubt in my mind that your Nate and my Jai would get along like a house on fire. Jai loves his games too. I remember thinking the same thing when he had a go at an xbox game - I thought wow, he is growing up before my eyes!!
Wow! I love the layering and how you've used those patterned papers and all the photos!!! Just awesome work! :)
Hi, Mel!!
Hope you enjoyed your weekend!!
Thanks for all the love you left me at the gallerys!!
I really appreciate it!!
I wil be mailing your box out on Nov. 30th.
Ellie & I packed & wrapped Nate stocking today!!
That was fun!!
Love you both!
Love the layout! Thanks for such kind words on my blog!
Love this LO - so fun!! Love the layering and that big circle!! Nate is a real cutey!!
Fabulous LO chick... LOVE what you did with the chippy... oh and I still haven't forgotten you... the package is still growing!! ;)
Post a Comment