Scrapping pictures of my 6 year old son has been my favourite thing to do, I now enjoy making cards as well, I work for Child Protection Services during the week days and have the luxury of taking and picking my little boy up from school, we have built our little dream house, have 2 chickens (Lolly & Dolly), 2 poodles and 2 loud parrots (Trevor and Charley) and fantastic friends and neighbours.
Monday, January 31, 2011
Scrapjacked, 123 challenge
Hi everyone, Just by the skin of my teeth I finished 2 challenges yesterday and had to upload them for today, the above layout is for the SCRAPJACKED challenge, I chose to copy a layout by the super talented Julie Dudley, I hope she will like it. Below is her version that I copied from. The pic is one of my favourites Jan took of me feeding Nate strawberries in the bath.......
(This is Julie's gorgeous layout)
And below for 123 CHALLENGE, the criteria - colours purple, use punches and have the word Beautiful on the page. I love purple but had to hunt to find this paper, it is the Fancy Pants "Girl" line from about a year ago. The layout is of my sister's wedding where Nate was the Page Boy. I used my Creative Memories small circle punch to create the scollops and although it took a lot of time, I really enjoyed making this.
Nate gets his 4yr old needles today and then we are going to Amber's (her house was completely covered by 10m of water in the flood) got together some toys and excess scrappy supplies to give her, she is doing well, being extremely positive even though her flood cover didn't cover her for this particular flood?
I hope you are all well and enjoy the new week ahead, look forward to catching up with you all soon. Love Melxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



26 comments:
Hello Mel;0) I Love, Love, Love your LO!!! All the flowers, lace and butterflies are beautiful! And I love the colors! Hope you had a great weekend and you and Nate are doing well;0) Chat with you soon!
Love to you and Nate
Cecelia B
awesome LO Mel! The scallops on the last would have taken forver, way to go, it looks awesome!!!
Have a great new week, sorry about your friend and the flood, insurance! These companies make me mad with what they 'choose' to cover. Its awful :(
Love both of these gorgeous LO Mel!
i love the way you gather the flowers on the first LO. i think you did a great job on lifting Julie's LO.
your second LO is amazing! now that's a lot of circles but it is so effective.
i needed some inspiration my creative mojo is a bit low this week. Thanks for sharing. God Bless! :D
love those layouts, just gorgeous..sorry to hear about your friend....great that shes being so positive though.....
Fabulous LO's Mel. Love the flowers and colours.
These are awesome Mel! Love the textures and layers...those blooms are gorgeous! :)
just gorgeous pages missy mel. thanks for playing with us and jacking me at scrap jack.
Oh wow, both pages are so beautiful, I'd have a hard time choosing a fave! I love the flowers and lace all asymmetrical on the first, and those beautiful scallops on the second, holy cow! It looks fantabulous!!! So brutal about your friend's house, but she is very fortunate to have a friend like you to help out. Tell her I say hi from Canada and I'm sending all you lovely Aussies my best, happiest good vibes long distance! Have a lovely time!
You have done such a gorgeous job of jacking Miss Julie Mel, i love the title and your beautiful cluster of embellies.Thanks for playing along at Scrap Jacked !!!
gorgeous pages mel i love when you use flowers, you do a beautiful job. hope nate was ok with the needles. xox
Gorgeous LO's Mel!!
Love the flower cluster!
Love the scallops on the 2nd one!!
So sorry to hear about your friend hope all will go well for her!
Have a blessed week!
Love to you & Nate!
Hi Mel. Love your layouts girl! Sorry to hear about your friend and what the flood has done to her place. Hope all goes well.
Love. M xox
meastenilove your layouts.....simply gorgeous! thank you for visiting my blog and your lovely comment. xx
Your layouts are amazing Mel! I love the one you did for Scrap Jacked. So beautiful!
Beautiful layout! Love all the colourful flowers against the dark background.
Sorry to hear about your friend. Glad you can help out!
Your layout are just so beautiful Mel :):):) I especiallu love the stunning simplicity of the top one...hehehe...what a lucky little man Nate is to have such a beautiful, doting Mumma :)
My Joshua..also 4 had his immunisations last week. Thankfully the dr was so quick with the second one...it was over before he knew it...mind you, he kept the bandaids on for days...lol..
Take care gorgeous xx
Hi Mel, it's wonderful to visit your blog and see that you've been scrapping again and loving life with your gorgeous Nate. Let me know if you need anything - I'm not too far away and would love to catch up with you both again xx
Love your interpretation of Julie's LO!! Gorgeous bouquet of flowers! Love the doily and lace too!
Your 123 LO is a stunner too!
LOVE those scallops, I'm going to have to try that sometime. Such gorgeous layouts, as usual! Hope Nate has recovered LOL My Andraia tried to run out of the room for her shots!
Beautiful!!!!!! The flowers, lace and butterflies are just stunning!!!
Wishing you a great day sweet friend...
Hope Nate does well!!!
love all of the flower work on the first one! The other one is so elegant!
WOW Loving your Berries LO Mel... those flowers look amazing and your 123 LO is so lovely... OMG it must have taken ages to make that gorgeous scalloped border!! Big hugs :)
Love the top one - you did a great job of the scraplift & what a gorgeous photo & precious memory!
I love Julie's work too....you did an amazing job, it is gorgeous!!!! Thank you visiting my blog and your lovely comment. It was great meeting Cathy, its so nice to meet IRL after getting to know eachother through scrapbooking and a bit of 'chatter' here and there. My brood will keep your little boy busy :) so when we out that way again I will let you know in advance and it would be great to meet!!! Off to have a sneaky around the rest of your blog :)
Gorgeous work Mel! Love the flower cluster in the top one! hope you little boy is okay after his needles! Take care xx
Post a Comment