Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dearest Dearest Friends

Wow, have I really been away from you all for so long, firstly, I have to thank each and every one of you, you are the reason I have woken this morning with such a wonderful energy and resilience even I cannot explain, the support, well wishes, cyber hugs and prayers worked and I am so very grateful to each of you, you really are my strength through my troubles. I am going to spend the next few days returning to your blogs to thank you personally, but there is so much more to scrapping I realise now, it is about documenting the memories but it is also about the friends you make with this obsessive hobby, I have truly missed you. For those of you who know my troubles, thank you again for your kind, thoughtful and encouraging words, you girls have moved mountains for me. I do not know how I can ever repay you. But I arrived home to stay for good this morning, we have cleaned up downstairs and I have salvaged some scrapping stash (this was the most important) so I am ready to scrap again. Whilst at mum and dad's I did a layout, a just for me as I had no internet and it was so amazing the feeling to sit and use my glue and paper again, this really is a blessed hobby.























Notice how he always puts the bung in between his 2nd toes, he is so cute. I got home to a gorgeous package a couple of days ago from Michelle in Texas, USA and she sent me these gorgeous papers and ingredients for Smores which I cannot wait to make. Michelle you are beautiful, Nate loves the car keys and the decorations will adorn our Christmas tree this year.


















This was the photo of our visit with Santa in early December, Stanley is on the left and the old hog (14.5 yrs) is the right. They were all so good this day.

I look forward to visiting you all, give me a couple of days I am assured each of you have lots for me to catch up on. I cannot wait.

I really mean this when I say I feel like you are my sisters. I love you. Melxxxxxx

34 comments:

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous layouts... love the PP and that cute photo on 1st LO... he he... how cute NATE is...!!!He's my darling too...

Big hugs ...I love you too MEL... I'm so glad to see you back... Hang in there... I'm so so happy to hear that you're are safe and so do NATE ..and your dog....

You are strong lady... beautiful inside out...Always thinking of you and precious NATE...hugsss...xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You know you are in my thoughts and prayers girl! Hugs to you and nate! :):):):):):):):):):):):):) loving that lo ...such fun colors and loving that photo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Rachael Funnell said...

Hey Mel!! So glad too here you & nate are safe & well...
Awesome Layout!! how cute are the pics.. Can't wait to see more of your work!! Missed Ya..
XX

One Paper Heart said...

Glad to see you back Mel, has been a emotional time with the floods and all. Good to know you are safe and back home, hugs to you and Nate.

amanda73 said...

gorgeous layout, love how he wears his thongs....... love that xmas piccie...............glad you came through the floods unscathed, there are so many that lost lives, and all their possessions...so i think in the scheme of things, you are lucky and blessed....... cant wait for everything to get back to normal and you can come down again

Kate said...

thinking of you and nate mel, take it easy babe xoxo

Cecelia said...

Boy, have we missed you! Glad to you are back and am so happy to hear that you are able to return home;0) Saw many pictures here in the US of what is going on over there;0( My prayers were with you and Nate when word was out of the tragedy.
As always, I love your LO. Such cute little toes. My youngest son also used to do the whole "two toed thing." But the funny thing with him was it was only with one foot...lol

Thinking about the two of you and I am so happy to be visiting you here in blog-land again;0)

Love to you and Nate
Cecelia B

Cathy said...

So very glad to hear you & Nate are starting to get back to normal and are home. Your LO is so so cute!!! Love that photo.. how adorable are his toes!! Love the bright and happy colours. I have missed seeing your beautiful creations. Big hugs xx

Moonie said...

Sisters???????????? we are indeed.. amazing how attached we all get to be to one another aye hun... I love your layout of Nate's wee feetsies... soo lovely.. it will be cute to see when he has big hooves like the rest of the grown teenage boys.. ahhaha
nice to see you back online and i have not responded to your long email.. i will not.. i just have you in my thoughts and have pocketed all that info in my heart.
love to see you at the craft show in Brisbane in June.. you going hun?

Caroline said...

You have been missed so much girl and are loved by so many of us out here in blog land... obviously this is why i begun stalking you to make sure you were all ok :) was so happy to see this post, as i know now you are on the road to being back all the time. LOVE the LO , it is really awesome and fabulous pics of the Nate/dogs with santa, so cool they do this i reckon. i have had a major change in my life too but will tell you about that later on once you back on track :) love Caz xxxxx

Roxy said...

Yay, Mel!!! So glad you're back, and I love,love,love this LO, what a great idea to photograph his cute little tootsies! Love and hugs to you and Nate, Roxy.

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous LO!!
Love all the stars and how you added the title!!
Love the twine & charm!!
I'm so glad you got the package I was worried it had gotten lost!!
So glad he liked his toy key chain!!
So glad to see you back online!!
Really missed you!!
Lots of Love to you & Nate!
Shell

yyam said...

What a fabulous layout! Always love your attention to detail! And the boy is just soooo cute! :)

Caroline said...

Well my news is, just over 2 weeks ago i decided to hand in my notice at work, i have been so unhappy since the new owners took over etc, anyway as you know i just did a business diploma at tech so i really wanted a change of path, so i figured once Lucy was at School (EEEKK) i would try find something then. WELL that same week i was approached by the owner of the local Ray White office asking if i would be his executive PA OMG can you imagine, anyway i discussed it with Gary and decided it was too good a chance to miss so i accepted and i started yesterday. well i am really loving it, though i feel a bit like a spare part right now but i know that will change soon once i find my feet kind of thing, they are going to put me through college to get my real estate papers etc, oohhh so excited. plus the other good thing is he has let me choose my own hours so i actually put lucy in less hours at day care and i will do more once she starts school, oh and i got a couple of dollars an hour wage rise plus i get commision on every house the office sells :) so yes its very good news , here is a couple of links with me yay http://rwtaranaki.co.nz/cgi-bin/clients/rwnz//staffprofile.cgi?gid=24383&agentid=253339 and http://rwtaranaki.co.nz//cgi-bin/clients/rwnz//generatepage.cgi?gid=24383&menuitemid=5598&menuid=6 anyway go take a nosy .. and oh you are the best, i swear your the bestest friend i have made in this scrappy world of ours and i love you to bits xxxx

Wendy said...

Mel!! so so pleased to have you back!! Missed ya!! AND I was very happy to hear you and Nate were both safe and well and not too wet!!! I have been thinking about you heaps! Love the LO ... how cute are those little toes and the Sass embellies and m2a camera are just perfect! Love & hugs Wendy xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is such a cute layout, love the cute photo, the colors, and all the yummy embellies!
Glad to see you back!

Susanne Perry said...

Glad to see you back & scrapping "just because" too. Have missed seeing your lovely creations & your positive vibes around cyberspace Mel. So cute how Nate wears his havis.

Jocelyn said...

I have been so worried and you and Nate have been in my constant prayers...

I was so happy to see you post today!!!!! I so wish I were there to help you in any way that I can....but know that you are held close to my heart!!!

Love that LO....what a cutie!!!!

The pic of Santa is toooo cute!!!

Hang in there sweet friend....we love you!!!!

T.W said...

Glad to hear from you again! I've been worried...
Amazing creation as always, keep on scrapping! It's a good thing to do to keep one's mood up. ^-^

Take care!

Debbie said...

So glad to see you back! I've been so worried about you. You have been in my thoughts for whats seems like forever. Glad both of you are safe and well. I can't even imagine what is been like for the both of you. Love your layout! I remember when my kids were little, they always had trouble putting on their flip flops! How clever of you to scrap Nate's cute little feet!

Kelly Massman said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better! Lovely page and love the photo of Nate!
Hugs!,

Natalie said...

MEL!!! So glad to hear you are ok...getting very worried about you!!! Gorgeous page...good to know that a bit of glue and paper can make your day brighter!! BIG GIGANTIC CYBER HUGS to you and Nate.

Wati Basri said...

Mel- sorry that u hv gone thru a Lot these few weeks :( I know you a strong girl n all these will make u stronger!
Cute layout of Nat.
Big hug to u n Nat!!! Xoxo

Rita Barakat said...

Glad to see you are back girl! ((Hugs))I woke up today thinking about you and praying for your situation!! Keep scrapping those precious toes he will be big before you know it!

Jessica G. said...

Mel -- so glad to 'see' you again! I was worried not hearing from you after all the flooding; glad to see you are back to creating your inspirational layouts again! Love those toes and how you think to document those every day events that make the best memories!! The Santa photo is just the cutest, too!

Unknown said...

HUGS Mel!! Thinking of you and its so good to see you again!! xx

Belinda said...

Hey Mel, glad to see you back online! Have keep checking in to see if you upadted, so glad to ehar you and Nate are OK! gorgeous LO, so cute with the thongs Nate!!

Jessy Christopher said...

Glad that you are in safe place and great to know that you managed to salvage those stash... at least to accompany you when you are down!! That is a precious piece!! Hope to hear from you soon again :)

Melissa said...

beautiful LO! it's a good way to start a brand new beggining. I alway say everything happens for a reason the most important thing is the lessons welearned from it. stay strong my dear friend. i may not say this often but you are one of the very first blog friend i will treasure always. you, Nate, and your whole family will always be in our prayers. stay strong and never loose hope. God bless. and i am so happy you are back.

hugs & so much love,
melissa p. :D

Anonymous said...

So gald to see you back on line :) and with a great layout to start the new year with.
Can't wait to see the layout with my pins
Hugs to you and Nate
Tracy :)

Julie said...

Great stuff Missy Mel. Love the santa pic with the dogs.

Stacy Cohen said...

I'm glad you're back, Mel! I hope everything is okay now at your house. Sending big hugs!

That layout is too cute . . . and so are his little toes!

Chloe said...

So glad to hear you are OK. Loving your latest LO's!! Take care xx :-)

Marelize said...

Oh Mel, I'm so happy to hear you and Nate are safe and home again! I really missed your cheerfulness around cyber space. Hope things get back to normal for you soon my friend.
HUGE hugs.
M xox