Sunday, February 13, 2011

Get Picky, Show us your stuff Challenges























Hi everyone, by the skin of my teeth, here is my Get Picky layout for the first half of February, with this challenge you have to take inspiration from the lyrics of a great song.....this is Nate with a friend Alexa, this is before she started school this year so he hasn't seen her for a while.























This is my entry for Show us your stuff Challenge Blog, I used the gorgeous papers from The Nook February Kit, and I made the purple buttons with bling inside and the heart in the bow centre. This is a friend Elsa who comes to our Tuesday Morning ladies' Group, she is a big kid at heart and Nate loves her.


Michelle sent me the ingredients to make SMORES and this weekend I tried them, super yum, totally fattenning.....but the marshmallows she sent actually expand and are super delicious...thanks Shell, I feel I have tried a little of your culture....how are you so slim I ask?.

Tomorrow I am going over to Cathy Cafun's, wonder if we'll get any scrapping done. Hope you all have a fantastic week. Love Melxx



27 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Love these two LO's....super talented my sweet friend!!

I had to giggle with the pic of you and the Smores.....We love them and make them with the boys during the summer...In the winter we cheat and make them in the Microwave!!! ENJOY!!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Kim said...

I totally love the soft purple shades and the glitter letters in your layout, what a fabulous memory to record, thanks for playing along at SUYS!

Marelize said...

Wow! Your layouts are gorgeous Mel! Hehehe... looks like those Smores were yummy too. :)
Have a great week and have fun at Cathy's house tomorrow.
xox

Colleen B. said...

Great Lo's, especially love your Get picky LO - so pretty!!! Have fun tomorrow and say hi to Cathy for me!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love love love love the lo's!!! Those layers and colors are BEAUTIFUL and loveeeeeee the masking!!! And aren't SMORES YUMMY????? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

T.W said...

Two different styles, two wonderful layouts! I definately love using both the grungy "messy" style like the first one and the elegant romantic style of the second!
Amazing work, Mel~

Smores? That's something unheard of in these regions, but it sure looks tasty!

amanda73 said...

love those 2 layouts just gorgeous, never heard of smores before

Lisa K said...

Love the top layout but they are both fab! Love the smores photo too - that thing looks disgusting which means it probably tasted unreal!!

Anonymous said...

2 awesome pages!!! Yknow I TRIED to scrap over the weekend and it just didn't work out :(

BUT OMG I love the Smores, oooey gooey yummey!!!

Cathy said...

WOW Mel loving both of your gorgeous LO's.. such beautiful details!! Looks like you were in heaven trying the smores!! Definitely will be scrapping today!! :)

Lynnda said...

Hey MEL... my dearest girly....I totally adore these two layouts...Simply beautiful..great layering as well... and 2nd LO is SUPERBfabulous... WP NOOK kit eh....how did survive that ONE??? with gorgeous outcome...!!!super talented my sweet friend!!..hugs kiss...muackksss

I had to giggle with the pic of you and the Smores.....I used to love them and make them with my brothers..when we were younger... bring the old sweet memories back!!! You can scrap this photo !!... GORGEOUS...

Hey... have a great week ahead... hugs... kisses...xoxo

Jessy Christopher said...

You did amazing with both layouts, very different style but they are stunning & look at the details!! Swoon!! I love that pic of you enjoying the moment.... Lol!! U should scrap that soon. Happy V-day to u & Nate!

Wati Basri said...

nat is soo cute with his fren...and tht is really a 'forever young' layout...love it!
and that Smores love yummmy....can i have some?? hehehe

Kate said...

your masking is beautiful mel. i love your pages xox

Julie said...

gorgeous pages missy m love the get picky one. i did a layout for that but forgot all about needed to use more than one photo.

Cecelia said...

Hello there my friend;0) Great LO's! Love all the detail and love the hints of purple in the second LO.
My kids love smores. I am not much of a marshmallow person, so I do not really do the smores thing. But everytime we go to the beach I have to buy the stuff to make them for the kids.
Hope you are having a great weekend! We have a three day this weekend for Presidents Day and boy I really need it!
A friend of mine, her kids and me and my kids are going to the movies tomorrow to see Gnomeo and Juliet. I heard it was cute and they have been wanting to see it. What are your plans with Nate this weekend? Hope the two of you are doing well;0) Take care and we will chat soon.

Your friend xx
Cecelia B

Rachael Funnell said...

Both Layouts Are Sensational & oh sooo Pretty!!!
the colours look fab on both Layouts.... Hope you have fun on your visit to Cathys!!!
XXX

Roxy said...

Hey there Mel, love all that masking/misting on the first, and your clock details, so cool! And the second, loooooove those papers! I am debating over the Nook subscription, I would really love to get one, maybe I'll ask tomorrow on Valentine's Day. I agree that the pic of you eating the smore is just awesome! Definitely needs to be preserved on a scrapbook page! And it's funny, 'cause we were just talking about smores last night! Anyway, just pulled off one the best birthday party of Ailis's young life, and now I'm aching for some scrappy time, so off I go!

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous LO's!!
Really love the masking on the first one and the fussy cut details on the 2nd one!!
Adore the picture with tickers and Nate and the lady Ellie use to do that too!
I just adore that picture of you eating the smore!!
Did you add chocolate to it?
I'm not skinny I weight 165 at 5'9 so I need to loose 10 ibs!!
I dont eat much sweet and I exercise a little each week but not enough.
I dont like smores that much just a little but dd and dh loves them!!
So glad you liked them does Nate like them?
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Love & hugs to you both!

Christine said...

Aww, what little cuties! I love your backgrounds :)

yyam said...

As always, just awesome creations! Love the masked background on the first layout and bold colours! And love how you used the purples in the second layout! :)

Have a fabulous week ahead!

janis said...

i love your layouts - - but i love your pic with the smores the most!!!! made me drool!!!!! :o)

Melissa said...

i love, love both of your LO's Mel!
this first LO is super cute with Nate holding hands with his friend and the layering and embellies is always awesome. i see you did a some masking, too.
your second LO is fabulous!Nate is soooo adorable! don't you just love the Nook kit?! but goodness i haven't been able to use it even my last months kit i think i only did 1 LO and 1 card. i don't know why but i am going to have to use them or else my hubby will be questoning how come i'm not using them LOL!
love the pic of you eating smores! u made me want some LOL! '
Happy Valentine's Day dear friend! i hope you and Nate have a wonderful Day! God bless!

Ella Swan said...

Mmmmm...those smores look "to die for!" as we say here in South Africa! Congrats on getting both your challenges in on time Mel - this year has been such a hectically crazy one so far!

Natalie said...

That is a great photo Mel...looks interesting but yummy!!! Gorgeous pages...that photo with his little friend is just gorgeous. Hope you are well. Hugs

Debbie said...

Two wonderful layouts Mel!!!

Gotta love those smores - gooey melted marshmallows and chocolate - yum!!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

You already know what I think of your Get Picky layout - I LOVE it! And I love what you did with the Nook kit too. And WOW...that photo of you with the Smores is fantastic!!! I am watching what I'm eating at the moment and that photo has made my mouth water. You have to tell me how to make them - nice for a treat :)