Friday, February 4, 2011

Scrap it Lah, Lollipop Ladies























Hello everyone, I have completed 2 layouts this week so far, and being a slow scrapper and mum to Nate this is a real accomplishment. The above layout is for Scrap-it-Lah, have some good friends on the DT there and they inspired me to do this challenge which was to make a layout for Valentine's Day not using any pinks or reds.
























This layout is for Lollipop Ladies, had to be inspired by mint, fudge and chocolate this month, I totall enjoyed using these prima and Webster's papers and if their is a positive to come out of the floods here is that I lost a lot of supplies but it is making me go to the older stored papers that survived.

I am praying that no-one was hurt with the devastation Cyclone Yasi created this week. Crazy weather all around the world at the moment. I have charity work at Gleaners today, and tomorrow we are going to movies in the park - Alvin & the Chipmunks is playing.

Hope you are all well, off to be inspired by your works. Love Melxx

28 comments:

Cathy said...

WOW WOW WOW Mel your 2 LO's are absolutely gorgeous... LOVE Websters and you've used the papers beautifully!! The older stash is definitely working for you!! Keep trying to call but don't seem to be able to catch you. Have a fab weekend :) big hugs

Anonymous said...

Love your pages Mel, you rock them, gorgeous papers!

I will have to get back to scrapping, i keep saying it, but I really must!

Hope your both well, have fun and take care!

Julie said...

great pages mel love them.

Roxy said...

Mel, Mel, Mel, you've really outdone yourself this time! These pages are lover-ly (that's my fake British accent!) and I love how you cut up those papers! You must be the fussy cuttin' queen!!! I have a page of Webster's I'm scared to use, so maybe I should just bite the bullet and cut into it! Ack, I don't know if I can! Well, Brenna is not napping, I can hear her squawking in her crib, so I guess I should stop pretending like I don't hear her. Terrible mother am I! Love and hugs to you, Rox.

Marelize said...

These two layouts are adorable Mel. I love your design of the first one. Gorgeous papers and colour combo.
Have a great weekend.
xox

Caroline said...

fabulous LO's as ever Mel, i Love the chicken wire, way cool and as always your fussy cutting is awesome, im to lazy for it lol.
it is so sad everything that is happening over there, just glad you are safe hun. Thats me just finished my 3rd week at work and loving it, had a few meeting with clients today so cool, only doing rentals just now but hey i need to learn from the bottom right. well im off to miss Lucy's swimminig lesson , she has 3 a week and is a fish. her dance classes start back next week to so i will be busy busy lol. she is doing Jazz though not ballet as i just think it will suit her upbeat fast on the go personality better than ballet, had to order her new wee leotard for it way cute. talk to you soon , Love caz xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love both of these Mel! I loveeeeeeeeee the layers, the photos, and loving the cutout work..and that title on the first one is BEYOND PRECIOUS!! And I have been praying for everyone over there... glad you are okay! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

amanda73 said...

love love those 2 layouts just gorgeous...... i wasnt in the floods and lost nothing... and even im using older stash too, its good to use up old stuff.....

Cecelia said...

Hello there;0) I Love, Love, Love these LO's! I am so in love with your first title! Hope everything is going well over there? How are you and Nate? Things have been super busy here....I need time to breathe;0) Anywho, I keep thinking about you two and everything that has been going on. I want you to know that my thought and prayers are always with you and Nate. Take care and have a wonderful evening.

Love, your frined
Cecelia B

Michelle H. said...

Amazing & stunning Lo's!!
Love the cluster of tickets on the first one and the precious picture of you both!!
The 2nd one wow awesome fussy cut details and you should submit these to prima and Webster's!
So glad you are ok from that cyclone!
Praying for everyone with all the weather there!!
The park sounds like a blast!!
Have a wonderful time!!
Much love to you both!!

mel said...

Wow all that fussy cutting is amazing!!
websters pages rock

Thanks for playing along with the lollipop ladies!!
Luv ya

Khristen said...

Those are gorgeous layouts, Mel! I love the "love you to infinity and beyond" especially!

Hope the weather improves down there...I am praying for everyone affected by the recent weather emergencies.

Are you sure you don't want any of my horrible snow? ;-) More expected on Saturday, another 6-8 inches. Can't wait >:-/

Jocelyn said...

Love these Mel......so adorable!!!!

Love that you are using older items...make me want to break out mine!!!

Enjoy your time at the movie!!!

Stacy H-W said...

These are both so gorgeous!! And how sweet to be asked to be Nate's Valentine!! Is that real chicken wire on your layout?? It looks so cool!!

Christine said...

Those pics and layouts are just gorgeous, what a dear little fellow you have!

Kim said...

thanks so much for visiting my blog and writing such lovely words really means alot, CONGRATS on getting two layots done Ihave not achieved anything at all....

Lynnda said...

MEL.... MEL.... I loveeeeee you...and loveeeeee that two layouts ...they are simply gorgeous...luv... love how you used your websters....gorgeous...great layering too....love it....the 1st one is absolute precious..too priceless... miss

YUP CRAZY WEATHER....i has been raining non-stop in Melbourne yesterday!!!....

hugs to Nate and kiss kiss to you....xoxo

Petrina McDonald said...

loving your collage style at the moment Mel :)

Rita Barakat said...

Beautiful lo's! So glad you are back in the swing of things! Missed you online sweetie! ((hugs))

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Mel!!
Thanks for your encouragement!!
It really means a lot!!
Does Nate have a play manifying tou?
Did you get any rain from that cyclone?
I know you said you were far from where it hit but didnt know if you got any rain from it?
Hope you both are enjoying your weekend!!
Hugs!!

Nikki xx said...

Sorry Mel...just can't go past the sweetness of that first layout....don't you wish you could just freeze time on moments like that...so gorgeous and beautifully captured in your layout too!
Hope you are well lovely :) xxx

Wati Basri said...

Oh babe....thanks for playing along with us at SIL!
And u rock the challenge...love all the details & tt title is awesome :) u go Girl!!!!

Debbie said...

Two super layouts Mel! Love all the little details!!! Hope all is going well with you. I read something about wildfires over there. Hope you and your little man are alright!

Michelle H. said...

Mel, you are so sweet!!
Thanks so much for joining in on the challenge!!
The LO is so gorgeous and love that picture of you both!!
Hope you both have a fabulous week!
love to you both!!

LG said...

awww that first layout is so sweet. Great title work too

Anonymous said...

Both are simply stunning layouts!
Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Lollipop Ladies :)
Andrea

Melissa Hortin said...

Beautiful LO's Mel. Adore the Webster pages. Thanks for joining us at the Lollipop Ladies.

Yatie Tajudin said...

Beautiful layouts both! Love the design on the first one and beautiful cutwork on the second!

Thanks for playing along at SIL!!