Friday, June 11, 2010

Creative Scrapers Sketch #107



Hi everyone, hope you are all healthy and happy, it's a long weekend here in Queensland for the Queen's birthday!!! I have just got home from soccer, turns out it wasn't on tonight. I am sort of glad, Nate is in bed, it's almost 8pm and I am not far away myself, quite cold here tonight too.

The layout above is for the Creative Scrappers blog sketch #107, my dear blogger friend Wendy Turner the guest designer this week and I just had to try this sketch, had heaps of fun with Jillibean, October Afternoon and Pink Paislee's patterned papers from the last Noel Mignon kit. I don't actually measure anything I do, so am every so glad things are pretty even with the front page panels. This is Nate's superman outfit and we made some playdough this day and he had heaps of fun with it. You know I cannot remember my mum doing any of those sort of things with me.

The weather is slowing my mojo down at the moment, hope it's not affecting you in the same way, hopefully my Monday scrapfest at Amanda's will kick start the week for me. Planning to scrap tomorrow with Jan, so hopefully will have another layout to show by Sunday night. By the way, dear friend Cathy Cafun mentioned an event this weekend she was going to, I have realised that event she was referring to is the Scrapbook and Craft Fair, thanks for the reminder Cathy, not sure if I will be going as yet will let you know if I go and we can possibly meet up.

Have a great weekend everyone, I will be spending this weekend catching up on visiting your great blogs. Take care. Love Melxx

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pattern papers and cute banner up the top there.
Hope you make it to the show - pop in and say hi I have my first stand there
Tracy :)

Jocelyn said...

I too adore all the pattern papers!!!! You did a Fabulous Job with this one!!!

Enjoy you weekend...we are in for some heat and thunderstorms!!!

Smiles to you sweet friend!!! :-)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Just love your take on this sketch! Beautiful work as always Mel!

Anonymous said...

love how you've used all the papers, sog reat, awesome page!

its freeezing here too!! stay warm!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is one fabulous LO, Mel! Love all the patterned paper you used and that adorable photo of Nate. He gets cuter every day!!

Have a wonderful weekend ... say hello to Jan for me!

Sending hugs!

amanda73 said...

love all of this layout mel, just awesome, love the whole design

i CAN NOT wait for monday...... can monday be here NOW lol

Stacy Cohen said...

This is absolutely lovely!! I adore the soft color combo!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

lovelovelve the unique shapes here Mel ! and the colors are So beautiful!! Enjoy your weekend !! :)

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous!!
Love the variety of papers you used!!
You rocked the banner girlfriend!!
Love the design of the LO its really amazing!!
How fun to make playdough we did that a few months ago.
Dd loved to play with playdough one of her fav things to do!!
Hope you have a fabulous time at the crop and with Jan!!
Happy scrapping!!
Love & hugs to you both!!

Moonie said...

very creative scrapper indeed miss Mel. you have done extremely well for not measuring what you have done. Looks great with all the pp. Hope your mojo doesnt slow down too much xx

Sarah Lou said...

Wow, loving all of these elements dont know which is my fav part!!!!! Love the bunting, the shapes running across the page, the lil peeping child and that bird!! Though I think the photo is my fav! so cute!!!!
Its bloomin freezing here as well! stay warm chickadee!

Wendy said...

You did a GREAT job with the sketch Mel! Just love your pp panels they look fabulous! Thank you too for the shout out in your post, you are such a love! Enjoy your LONG weekend, we had ours last weekend!! it's been a beautiful day here today but its so chilly in the mornings and nights now!! W xx

Rita Barakat said...

That lo is gorgeous! Love the soft colors!
And what a good mama indlging the play doh!

I hope you have a wonderful time at the scrapfest! You shouldget you mojo back there!!Enjoy!

Michelle H. said...

Thanks so much Mel for the encoraging words!!
I look forward to seeing your misting project!!
I know you will rock it!!
Hope you and Nate enjoyed your weekend!!
Have a blessed Monday!!
Love & hugs to you both!!

Julie said...

looks great Mel love the patch work effect.

Michelle H. said...

Thanks for you sweet words!!
Hope you had a lot of fun scrapping with your friend this weekend!!
Love & hugs to you both!!

Belinda said...

Hey Mel, hope you enjoyed your long weekend!! Gorgoeus Lo, love all the pp's you have used!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous embellishments for this fun photo! The ginghams and polka dots go beautifully together; they remind me of patterns I'd see in grandma's kitchen!