Monday, June 21, 2010

Kraft it up, Noel Mignon





Morning dear friends, wow a little chilly here this morning, and I am off for my fortnightly scrap day with Amanda Taylor, the photo above shows Amanda's boy Connor doing sound for Master Nate while he sings, he is so excited to be going and has been saying all night "I go to Con's now?". I just try to explain he has to sleep first...

The layout titled "Beautiful Grins" is my entry for KRAFT IT UP this month, the criteria is you have to use a Kraft background and utilise heaps of white space. The layout titled "While you were sleeping" is using a Noel Mignon technique where you use the default letters from their casings and mist. I just love this idea and am actually going to use this again today. When we come home from our day trips with Jan and Col, we always bet how long before Nate falls asleep, he is usually so quiet, which is just the opposite on the going to trip, he now yells 'DUCK' when we go underneath every bridge, which Uncle Col taught him to say, but this day he just crashed and it was my turn to have a little fun without him knowing.

Well I must be off, time to leave for Amanda's, heaps of traffic usually, and so many bridges to DUCK UNDER. Hope you all have a great day. Look forward to catching up with all of you soon. Love Melxx

15 comments:

amanda73 said...

love love those 2 layouts... Connor has been saing 'gate coming' he wanted him here since last night too lol.... those 2 little boys just crack me up
im definitely gonna copy that idea of using the nogative to the alphas

Samantha Hauzer said...

Love your layouts. I really struggle with leaving white space on my layouts, but you've done a great job. Hope you have a fun scrappy day :)

Anonymous said...

love the pages!!!

glad that Nate has a playmate, so nice!

enjoy your week!

Cathy said...

Great layouts Mel. Love the idea with the misted background.

Sarah Lou said...

That is he perfect minimalist layout! just lovely!!!!
Hope your day scrapping was magical!

Moonie said...

love your photos of Nate there Mel and is soo nice to see you in a few of these layouts.. thanks so much for the sweet comments you left on my challenge take over at Artastic. Your such a sweetie... hopefully we will meet up soon xxxxxx

Jocelyn said...

Love the LO's..you are truly blessed with this little man!!!

Love love the elements to both of these!!!

The pics of Nate and his friend are adorable....

Can you send me some of those cool temps...today we will go over 110 degrees...I hate it!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

Wendy said...

Great LO's Mel!! Love the movie 'while you were sleeping' and your LO is so sweet! Great photos on both and love white space LO's! Great job!!! Enjoy your day with Amanda! W :)

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, these are fabulous, Mel!! You're incredible ... these layouts are simply amazing!!

Jessica G. said...

The kraft background really makes this adorable photo pop! Kraft is one of those papers that I don't use very often, but love the results when I do -- it's versatile and really accents all colors.

Wish I could share some of our heat with you; it's been almost 100 degrees F every day this week!

Corrina said...

Gorgeous LO's Mel. I love your photos too...sooo sweet is your Nate <3

C x

T.W said...

Gogeous LO's as usual Melissa!
Love that bunch of flowers and misted alphabet on the first one, and love the "less is more"-look of the second!

Michelle H. said...

Thanks for the congrats, sweet friend!!
I would try to be first in line if you ever had a challenge site to be on your DT team!!
How has the scrapping been coming along with your friend?
Hoping your getting a lot of scrapping done!!
Hope you and Nate are doign well!!
Yes aunt Hilda had a blast at the beach and she even tried boogie board for the 1st time and loved it!!
Love and hugs to you both!!

Belinda said...

Love your Lo's Mel. Love how you have done background for the top one!!! looks fantastic!

Marelize said...

Super layouts Mel! I love the misted one and the photos are lovely. Lol at the 'duck' comments. So sweet. :)