
Morning everyone, hope you are having sunshiney weather where you are, we truly are lucky, it's the first day of Winter today and it is just glorious outside, and we get to pick up our new DVD player which was playing up and they have just replaced it for us. Nate just loves to watch a DVD each day, and Toy Story is the DVD of choice at the moment, and each day for the last week I have had to show him their is no DVD player their for him to watch it. I bought him a Buzz Lightyear torso play suit and it had blow up wings also, so he puts these on and just looks super cute in it. The other night he got out the Police helmut and his suit on and made a makeship door next to where I was scrapping on the coffee table and said "I'm off to work now, and puckers up for a kiss, just melted my heart and then closes his helmut and off he goes, problem is he is back within 60 seconds and saying "Home from work now and puckering for the next kiss" and then this scenario gets repeated about 30 times. But I have to tell you Nate and my older dog - 15 year old Max, have just formed a bond like I cannot believe, they play out in the yard, upstairs and it's like Max is a puppy again, he runs and his tongue is hanging out and Nate is belly laughing with him chasing him. I guess he is like a brother to Nate.
The layout above is my attempt at a block sketch using the gorgeous October Afternoon, Pink Paislee and Lillibee patterned papers in the Noel Mignon kit, everything I have used here is from the kit. I really enjoyed doing this one, and of course the gorgeous Melissa Frances frame is just divine, I had to put a little mist on it though to highlight the ornate edging as it blended into the white background. The pic is of us at Currimundi for the camp we went on, I went for a canoe ride and when I got back Nate wanted to have a little try.
Went to Amanda's yesterday and had a great day. Accomplished 3 layouts and am super happy with all of them, got to watch her complete a fantastic layout, my favourite so far using the gorgeous new Kaiser papers, not a big fan of Kaiser but wow they are now bringing out some "Wow" stuff, the boys played together and Nate was asleep within 60 seconds of leaving Amanda's house, the proof that a great day for mum and boy was had.
Off to check out what you have all been up to now. Take care and stay well. Love Melxx
17 comments:
glad you liked it yesterday here.. thanks for the yummy dinner.... and love that LO, just gorgeous
OH I LOVE that page, the blocks are awesome! I would love to give that a try!
lol @ Nate going to 'work', what a sweetie, wonder if it will still be like that when he does start work!? too cute! and a boy in his dog definitely have a special bond!
Love your cute layout Mel, those colours are gorgeous :)
Love love love that page Mel...and how cute is little Nate dressing up as Buzz!! A fave movie of my two as well...looking forward to the 3rd one coming out. Hugs
Gorgeous and pretty LO!!
Love this!!
Love the adorable picture of the two of you!!
You can tell you both are having a great time!!
How special for Nate and the dogs special bond!!
Looking forward to seeing the other LO you created!!
So glad you had a great time with your friend creating!!
Hugs to you and Nate!!
Thanks for the awesome & stunning inspiration!!
Oh I adore the blocks....the colors are so peaceful!!
OK.....Happy First Day of Winter..can I please come stay with you for several months...because I just hate Summer...I cannot stand the temps and the humidity!!!! So I will purchasing a plane ticket and be on my way!!!
Wishing you a great day sweet friend and thanks for the great comment you left me!!!
Your layout looks great Mel. lol at the work story.
WoW! I'm lovin' this layout, Mel, it's absolutely fabulous!!
What a cute story about Nate goin' off to work ... what a l'il treasure this adorable child is!!
Happy First Day of Winter!!
Really love this LO so different to what you usually do but love every thing about it Mel. Yes, time does go faster enjoy every minute with that sweet boy of yours.
That is such a cool layout! Maybe I should try making one like that myself someday... *inspired*
And you gotta take photos of Nate in his Buzz Lightyear outfit and scrap 'em!
Hi, Mel!!
Hope your having a great day!!
Send me your city and zip and I will check with the owners how much shipping would cost for one kit.
Since its a small kit it shouldn't cost that much but at least if you see one you like in the future you would know the ship cost!
Sorry my internet went out last night and finally its working.
Hope you and Nate have a Blessed day!!
Hugs and & love to you both!!
Hi Mel!!! Yes, I have finally managed to set a Translator on my blog!!! I hope it improves our communication. :D xox Julia Sáddi
Lol Lucy went through a spell of toy story and we had to buy her all the toys lol, changes every week now i gave up buying everything lol or tried to anyway.
LOVE this layout i wasnt sure what to do with the frame but you have really inspired me with this one.
How cool that i won the kit huhfunny thing is i ordered some of the papers already lol but im sure i will find use for them lol.
You stillhave to give me your email addy so i can get your gift voucher to you,will be able to use it in the july kit ,hugsss caz x
Thanks sweetie for your kind words!!
I was going to submit to the DD DT call but I ran out of time due to my traveling dates!! Looks like a fun place to be a DT on!!
Looking forward to seeing what else you create with Noel kit!!
Have a blesed day!!
Hugs!!
GREAT DESIGN!!!! Love it!
Mel your layout is just devine, I so love that paper combination and love the design of this with the blocks. I must get one of those kits one day, this one looks beautiful and you have showed it off wonderfully.
LOL Nate is too cute, just love the off to work story and we are still loving Toy Story here, it never gets old!
Love your block layout Mel!! Great job with that! I'm curious to know which Kaiser papers you worked with. Now all you need to do is sign up to the Nook kit club too and you'll have two fabulous kits to get you through the month hehe ;D
Post a Comment