Sunday, June 27, 2010

Noel Mignon White space layout, soccer boy




Good morning to you all hope this post finds you happy and healthy, well it's Sunday morning here, rugged up and it's cold and overcast, and I am guessing you are sweltering over the other side of the world. Wow the cold has slowed this scrapper down heaps, I still sit and cut out at night time but the actual finding of the photos and glueing down is eluding me, after checking out your blogs I am sort of thinking whether it is stinking hot or freezing cold we are all feeling the effects of the weather in our lives. Thank you so much for the gorgeous comments you all leave me, I read them over again and they make me so happy to know I have so many gorgeous friends.

Nate was awesome at soccer on Friday night, but unfortunately two weeks holiday now as school is out for two weeks. I actually enjoy soccer as I feel so proud watching him on the field.

Uncle Col had a little windfall last week on lotto, he won $860 and because giving makes him so happy he gave Nate and I $100 to spend, the Handmade expo was on Saturday so I bought us all a little something with the money, Max and Stan got handknitted jumpers, Nate got a car from the "Cars" movie and well I bought a Studio Calico kit. After the markets where Jan and I purchase handmade cakes and farm fruit and veges we came home and to watch this little boy jump out of the car and run to Uncle Col is just so beautiful, money really is nothing, time is everything and Uncle Col dedicates his full attention to Nate when he comes for a visit, they roll on the grass, play tricks on Jan and I, throw balls to Max and Stan, garden, mow, it's just beautiful to see how this man who has never been able to have children of his own, loves my little man with all his heart.

I forgot to mention I was published for the first time in this month's Scrapbook Creations, in the Blue section. I got the biggest thrill showing Nate his picture in the mag, he must be so used to me reading the mags at first I think he didn't even notice. He rode a horse yesterday also at the markets and now says "I ride the horse mumma" how cute, I am so in love with my 3 year old.

The above Easter layout is a white space challenge on the Noel Mignon challenge blog, I love the challenges here.

Love to you all, you mean the world to me and your comments always touch my heart. Melissaxxxx

24 comments:

Binxcat1 said...

Hey there, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Easter Hunt page! Thanks so much for stopping by and saying nice things LOL ;) @ Scrap The Boys... I hope we see lots of your grogeous creations when the challenges start! HUGE CONGRATS on the SC publication... I'm off to get a copy now! ;)

Corrina said...

Awesome pages Mel...love the soccer one especially. My little guy loves his AFL Auskick too. Little boys and sport!!! Congrats on being published too! That's AWESOME :-)

glorygirl said...

Yes, my friend! We are sweltering! 91 degrees today and sooooo humid. Send us some of that cool air of yours!

CONGRATULATIONS on your first publication! I am THRILLED for you!!!!

Sounds like you had fun at the expo. We are hoping to go to our "farmers market" this summer too. Lots of handmade goodies and homegrown goodness.

Have a great week with your little guy and our great God!
- Julie

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Congratulations on your first publication Mel! I saw that in the mag and recognised your little man and wondered if it was the same "Melissa" lol. Now I know for sure it is you :) Have you thought anymore about joining the Nook kit club? Just thought I'd mention it because at the moment they have an awesome deal going. You need to sign up for 12 months and you get two kits for free (the June kit, plus your 13th kit free). The July kit is also valued at $36 (you only pay $28). Can't get better than that! :)

Anonymous said...

two awesome layouts, he looks SO adorable in his soccer unfirom!!!
and you gotta love the easter egg hunt!

OH WOW you were published, thats sooo great! CONGRATS, and so well deserved!

Its so wonderful to hear you speak of your son and your friends who are obviously important role-models in both your lives! Its great you have some wonderfully loving people around you!

Best Wishes and ENjoy your Day!

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Mel!!
OMG that first LO is so rockin gorgeous!! Is this Sassafras Lass?

You should submit this LO!!
Stunning!
The 2ng LO is gorgeous too and love the fussy cutting you did with your pictures and some of the embellies!!
So glad you both got blessed by your Uncle that is so sweet!!
Thanks for all the love you left me on my blog you are so sweet and such a special friend!!
I adore you!!
Hope your Monday is Blessed!!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your published page Mel :) More to come !! it's rainy here. weird weather when it's supposed to be the hottest month in the year... Wonderful wonderful pages here too:) HAPPY SUNDAY ;)

Wati Basri said...

precious layouts there and grt way to play with those ssfs pps :) and congrats on being pubbed!

Jocelyn said...

Oh that Easter Egg Hunt Page is Stunning and you know how much I adore soccer!!!! Congrats to you on the SC PUB!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Wishing you a great Sunday!!!!

Wendy said...

HUGE Congratulations Mel on your publication!!! Awesome news!! I am sure you will have many more!! Love your LO's I love that soccer photo soooo cute!! oh and gorgeous hand cutting! W :)

Noel said...

These are great Mel...and thanks for playing along with the challenge.

CONGRATS on the pub...that is FAN-tasitc! :)

Julie said...

wahooo on the mag pub mel. great pages too.

One Paper Heart said...

Been busy cutting out Mel, I love it good meditation.
Congrats! on getting published,great LOs.

T.W said...

Yay for Uncle Col, congratulations! And an even bigger congratulations to YOU for getting published! That's awesome! (take a photo of the mag so we can have a peek as well, pretty please?... *w*)

Your LO's are beautiful as well, love all the cut-outs in both of them!

Wishing you a great start of the week!

janis said...

hi mel!!! congrats on the pub!!!!! you go girl!!!!

Michelle H. said...

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers!!
I started feeling better this late afternoon and know its because of everyones prayers!!
Thursday might be the memorial service.
I appreciate your friendship!!
Love & hugs to you and Nate!!

Lynnda said...

Congratulations!!!...

wow...what a beautiful LO!!!... I love it...awesome...xx

Samantha Hauzer said...

Congrats on your published layout! I will have to get that mag now :) Love your cute layouts too, they are both gorgeous :)

Sasha Farina said...

hey.. thank you for visiting! :) you do awesome work as well, girl!

Belinda said...

Hey Mel, huge congrats on the publication. Will have to try get a copy!!! Awesome LO's as usual!!

Michelle H. said...

OMG!! I'm so excited for you about beign publsihed!!
So well deserved!!
You will have to share with us when you can what was published!!
Your so sweet I will email you in a bit!!
Hope you and Nate are having a wonderful week so far!!
Love & hugs sweet friend!!

Moonie said...

sounds like you have been a busy wee girl Miss Mel. Great to know of your publication.. pretty exciting aye girl.. Im so excited i could pee me pants..
can you pls send me the link to the SBM subscription for copies luv.. my email is lmwebb@westnet.com.au

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Hi Mel,

you are such a sweetie! Can you please email me at tahirfamily@iprimus.com.au so we can sort out your credit for the Nook.

Tanya xx

The Nostalgic Scrapper said...

Greetings! Im so glad I stumbled upon this blog... I totally love how you used the pattern papers... the colours look good together...