Friday, September 10, 2010

My little Sketchbook, KIDZ ARTZ























Hi everyone, a rainy old day today here, hope it fines up for Nate's mini's soccer breakup tomorrow. I love it when it rains, somehow, it makes me feel like scrapping even more.

I did the above layout for My Little Sketchbook, I just love Liz Qualman's sketches, they always motivate me. I used the gorgeous Brook Collection papers from Crate paper and made some flowers and did some fussy cutting as you know I love. Click on the above link to give it a go.

Louise is one of my favourite scrappers and when she put the call out for KIDZ ARTZ I took a photo of Nate making a clown for Grampsy. He is a wonderful fussy cutter and always sits with me on th lounge and helps me.......

Here he is with my glasses on colouring the clown:






















And here is the finished pic stuck to a piece of framed paper for Grampsy:
If you would like to see the other young scrappers go HERE and also, their is a great prize, but also just the opportunity to showcase the junior up and coming scrappers of the future.

If I haven't visited your blog this week yet, I am about too, been super busy with Nate stuff on, will talk over the weekend, love to you all and your family's. Love Melxx

PS. Look what I just spotted HERE thankyou dear Karen, just beautiful, and can you believe he was looking at the camera and I have a layout with machine stitching on.....YAY




18 comments:

Michelle H. said...

That Lo is gorgeous!!
Love it and love the design and fussy cut work!!
Amazing!!
We have a Liz Qualam sketch in our sketch A thon with a rak prize I will let you know when it up I will post on my blog!!
Love what Nate created and colored he is very talented!!
Great at cutting with the scissors!!
Maybe he will be an artist one day?!!
How exciting you are on that site hope you win the prize!!
Much Love to you both!

Kate said...

thats the best page ive seen with the brook collection mel. well done xo

Natalie said...

Missy, I can't keep up with your blog atm...lol. You are creating to quick for me...hehehe. Gorgeous as always...love what you did with the Crate and how cute is you little man and the post on Louise's blog is just to sweet. Hope you are well...thank you for the lovely thoughts for last weekend...we were celebrating him!!! Hugs.

Lynnda said...

Yes the LO is so gorgeous... I like it.... and look at Nate... hes so darling....
have a good weekends my friend... send my hugs to Nate...xx

Sarah Lou said...

Love some crate!!! and you have kicked it out of the park with that layout!!! the fussy cutting as always is just divine!!!!!

Love the photo of Nate with his glasses on!!!!

amanda73 said...

wow, awesome layout...haha at the title lol, makes me laugh... and love the colouring of nates, sure is clever
cant wait to see you on monday

Anonymous said...

awesome page Mel!

Love your fussy cutting, glad to see the creativity continues with Nate!!!

Jocelyn said...

This is an awesome LO Mel...what adorable pics and I love the placement to the LO!!!

The coloring is perfect.....he is such a cutie!!!!

Thanks for all the love you sent me...when I need a lift...I can always count on you!!!

Love ya girlie and enjoy your day!!!

T.W said...

Really cool LO! Liz' sketches are always fun to work with!

Keep it up Nate, soon he'll have his own creative blog! Hehe, well I'm sure he'll stay creative through life, his mom being so talented and all... ^-^

Kelly Massman said...

Beautiful layout! I got your package today--thanks so much!!!! Fun stuff!

Debbie said...

I love what you did with the Crate Paper! Love all the cut work - it adds so much to the layout! Such precious pictures! Nate is so grown up!!! He did an amazing job with his coloring. Got my goodie package in the mail today! THANKS - so much in there!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to get some burlap next week and send you some, since you said it is hard to find! Have a great weekend - hope the weather clears up.

Roxy said...

Oh, I am so glad the package reached you safely, and that you like it! Beautiful layout, as always, and Nate is just so cute in your glasses. I love watching kids create (until they get frustrated and have a freak-out, hopefully yours is too young to do that to you!) Off to check out that sketch site, 'cause I love me some good sketches!

Rita Barakat said...

Oh my goodness is he super CUTE! He is at work scrapping like his moma! Sweet! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Samantha Hauzer said...

Such a great layout Mel, and Nate looks too cute with those glasses on!!

Michelle H. said...

Hi sweet friend!!
Hope you and Nate had a wonderful weekend!!
I so far have not still trying to get better but each day I'm feeling better so that a good thing!
I haven't scrapped in 2 or 3 days so I hope to make a tag tonight!
Thanks for the well wishes!
Love to you both!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Love this layout, I love the Brook collection! So cute, Nate with your glasses on!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Great use of that paper line. Love all the cut work!

And your little man is too cute with your glasses on - and he surely knows how to color images. Do we see a new Tim Holtz coming up?

Julia Sáddi said...

Wow Mel! Great shot and Layout! Mel, I have received the second envelope qith goodies you have mailed me, THANK YOU!!!
1 Huge Hug, Julia Sáddi - Brazil