Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Nook University, My Mind's Eye, Maxi























Hi everyone, hope you have all had a good weekend, we have had a wet weekend here, still raining outside as I type this, I have arranged to take Nate to a friend's house to play with her daughter tomorrow, co-incidently she happens to be a scrapper also......lol

I got all my assignments finished for Scrapbook Nook University, I have to say a big thank you to Tanya Tahir, she encouraged me through her blog posts to join up and I am just loving every minute so far, this is my entry for the Topography Class, you had to use all sorts of differents fonts and sizes for letters and for the Economics Class I did these:



Nate and I went to mum and dad's for lunch, came home and had a nana nap, then I did some more scrapping tonight, if it's raining tomorrow arvo - (I was planning on mowing and whipper snipping) I will do some blog hopping and then I am so looking forward to seeing what the next uni challenge is.























This is my gorgeous old dog Maxi, he is my loyal 14 yr old boy, he gave me a scare this week, but is back to fighting fit again, chasing balls, this was taken just this Friday gone. I pray he stays well, he has been through so much with me. I wanted to share him with you all.

Talk soon. Love to you and your families, Melxxx

24 comments:

RobinJ said...

Hi Mel, that's a wonderful LO of Nate! Great choices of PPs and fonts. Your cards are awesome, and I do love that pic of your adorable Maxi!
Hugs, RobinJ

Jocelyn said...

What a great LO Mel....love it!!!! That Nate is just Adorable...Maxi is so cute tooo and I hope he stay well!!! What a face!!!!

We are having wonderful weather...warm in the 80's, but no humidity...I hope it stop raining for you!!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!!

Cecelia said...

Hello there Mel;0) Great LO as always! Luvin those pics of Nate trying to climb the tree. I have pics similar of my youngest doing the same thing when we were in Kansas.
Your dear Maxi is super cute! He is very photogenic;0) Have a great time scrapping with your friend and have a wonderful weekend;0)

Hugs

Cecelia B

Kelly Massman said...

Very cute layout! Your pup is cute! :-)

T.W said...

Loving the soft colors you used on both the LO and the cards!
Aah, there should be a real scrapbooking school... I'd love to study scrapping XD
Stay strong Maxi, he's looking happy and cute on the photo!

Stacy Cohen said...

This is such a gorgeous page . . . perfect in every way. And I love the clever title. I'm glad you're doggie is okay!

amanda73 said...

wow, love those layout and cards.. just gorgeous, your dog max is pretty cute

Kate said...

i love that title on your layout of nate!! and maxi is such a cutie!! hehe xox

Anonymous said...

Great scrappage!!! Love the greyscale with the shot of colors here and there, really effective!
and great cards too!!!

Have fun scrapping!

Tell Maxi to take it easy ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the way you have done the title - you always create such a different styled layouts ... love the variety

Debbie said...

Your little Nate is so cute and you captured some wonderful pictures! Great layout and title! We've had a wonderful weekend weather wise! Cool, sunny, breezy days. Autumn is just around the corner!
Hope Max is on the mend!

Lynnda said...

Hi Mel... That LO is totally awesome... I love looking at Nate's pictures... hes such a darling little boy!!!! It has been raining too over in Melbourne... and I'm down with cough!!!....ARRGGGHHH....

P/S: I used the Making memories Scrapbook paint, put some water and splatter using a normal paint brush.... thanks Mel
Have a nice week a head... take care...xx

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous. LO!!
Love the design and wow that title is so awesome!!
It sounds like Nate has no fear?!!
Ellie is like that too!
Wow you rocked that class with those creations they are stunning!
Love them!!
Hope you both are having a great week so far!!
Love& hugs to you both!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Just adore these, Mel. I'm so glad that you're joining in the classes at the Nook. I can't believe you got your kit today - I'm still waiting on mine!! Fingers crossed mine will come tomorrow then :)

Angela said...

HI Mel! hope Maxi is ok! Uni sounds fantastic! might have to go and check it out (in my spare time LOL) hope you and the little fella are well!!
(hugs) Ange xxx

T.W said...

Popping in here again~
The Music Monday song is called Always, played by Erasure. I'm glad you and Nate liked it! ^o^

Moonie said...

such a cute ol boy Maxi.. wish we had a pet.. I even had to get rid of the goldfish as the tank noise peed off the family while watching tv!! OMG!!
I love your latest layout and is that MME printed paper.. I love it.. used to be my fav...
x hope you are well and keeping happy Melly girl xx

Cindy Lee said...

Wow...sounds like a FUN challenge to me! How creative! Nate is as adorable as always!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous LO Mel!! Really love your title work!! Uni sounds like a lot of fun! Looking forward to seeing your next challenge! Thx for the birthday wishes x Have a good week Wendy :)

Lynnda said...

Hello Mel... its me again... yes I received the pizza box... and I so love it... already used the MME border on my LO today.... big hugs and thanks again my friend... you kidding me right to scraplift my LO.... hey im still a novice...but you are welcome to do whenever... thanks buddy!!!...xx

Michelle H. said...

Precious picture of your dog!!
So glad you had a great time with lunch with the parents!!
Wishing you both a fabulous week!
Love & hugs to you both!!

KarenB said...

Love your Nook U layouts!! I'm loving the challenges there too :)

What a cute LO about Nate, he really is adorable! And Maxi too - I've got some cute pics to give you too ;)

Belinda said...

LOve the LO Mel, great photos!!

LG said...

I am so happy you joined us! These are amazing!