Morning everyone, hope your week is going well so far, just over hump day so that means it's downhill to the weekend, busy week so far, went to Amanda's on Monday, Tuesday's lady's group and yesterday, well just caught up with blogging and you know just how when you sit down at the computer you can sought of lose track of time........way too much inspiration out there
Ingredients: base "Green - Treehouse range", the circle I used a plate as a template, this paper is also from the "Treehouse range", and the little cut out cars with are just so super gorgeous are from the "Away we Go - road trip" range, the pink base for the banners is from "Simple Life - Front Porch" now the gorgeous doily and that awesome owl button come from Purple Pumpkin, gotta visit this one, and the letters are felt thickers from Making Memories. This is an awesome sketch you can see it Here
This Frida Kahlo painting is the Artastic inspiration painting for September, it is a great challenge this month, the criteria is for 1 point have a photo of you or family member with a pet, 2 points do the layout in shades of brown and orange and for 3 points add a tropical flower. Now below you will find my submission, I based my layout on a Ali Edwards Sketch because I really was more excited about doing the journalling on this layout, these two have a special relationship and I just had to document the memory of it. I hope you like it. Here is the link to Artastic Challenge site, and I would love if you decide to do a layout you would mention that MEL sent you, the main reason is to let Shazza know we love her site and love to encourage others to play along.
Before I go, I have to tell you what I caught my boy doing the other night, I was sitting at the kitchen table (where I scrap) and low and behold he grabs the chux and t-towels and starts taking the griller etc out of the oven, and places it on the floor (cold not hot) and starts cleaning, well I got up as quick as I could and grabbed the camera and well, not sure why he wanted to do this but I am so glad I have the proof that it happenned.
Please Note: the picture you are seeing here does not depict the mess that is on the kitchen floor whilst he is working on the inside........and once the cleaning duties were over there was an even bigger mess for mum to clean, but in saying that, wow I was still super impressed with the attempt....
Okay, sorry for the long post, don't forget the Purple Pumpkin reveal on Friday night, Amber and I are setting our alarms for 7.30pm so we don't miss out on any goodness HERE.
Love to you all, you mean the world to me, being able to blab about my creativeness and my little boy. Love Melxxxxxx




33 comments:
Ah Mel, where do I start? Love your layout!!! I ordered that paper and just got it yesterday!!!! Love all your fussy cutting. It adds so much detail to your already fab layout! The picture of you little one is adorable! Trying to be the helper, but not knowing the mess he has made. Give him credit for trying, and thank God the oven wasn't on. Gotta keep a close watch on the curiosity of the little ones! Such a fun age. When he gets to the age of my son (23) you'll be lucky if he helps at all. Only kidding there. My son is a great helper. I'm jealous that you will have first dibbs on the Purple Pumpkin. With the time difference you'll have a head start over me. I will have to stay up late Thursday night and keep a close watch over the blog and hopefully Sam will post before I go to bed! Hey here in America we also call Wednesday hump day!!
Love the effect you have got with the journalling really love it Mel.
Great cutting and colour on Nate's LO, I find cutting out like meditation.
Thank you for your lovely comments too Mel.
Where do i start lol.1st off your MLS sketch layout is just beautiful, love all your fussy cutting, i so dont have the patience for that lol. i know thelady that makes the sketches, she had a site called scrapbook challenges, pamela is so lovely and has awesome work. love the 2nd layout too, very beautiful. love the pictures ofyour little helper, just tooooo cute lol. havebecame a follower of purple pumpkin boy there stuff is CA-UTE . enjoy the rest ofyour day hun xx
2 gorgeous pages my friend!
I am adoring your artastic one immensely, so much love!!!
And Nate is always such a doll in his photos!
Have a great weekend!!!
hi mel hoe are you? wow i love your layouts they are gorgeous as usual! thank you for tues makayla and i had so much fun and makayla told me when we got home that nate is her best boy-friend!!! kids say the cutest things. hope we can catch up next wk and my alarm is set for tomorrow nite i cant wait!!! take care luv amber
love those 2 layouts, just stunning, and love that pic and story of nate cleaning......im definitely gettin in for the purple pumpkin reveal
Your take on the MLS LO is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! Also love your other one!
Awesome layouts! I especially love the Artastic one! Wow - looks like a new style that fits you well!!! And, yes, take pictures of the cleaning! I remember when my two loved to dust and clean.....those days are gone. But I still have the pictures to look fondly upon!!!
The first LO is stunning!!
Love ths design and you should submit this to their blog!!
Love everythign about this LO!!
You rocked the other challegne your journaling is amazing and love the colors you used!!
I love the inspiration you share with us all!!
How sweet of Nate to want to help you clean the oven that is so precious!!
I have pictures of dd doing unique things like that.
One of the ones was when she folded some laundry and she help put daddy clothes away and she added some of her clothes to his drawer so adorable!!
I'm glad you like to capture moments like this we do the same!!
So fun to look back on!
Much love to you both!!
Hey Mel... both LOs are fantastic!!! First LO is beautiful and FUN... cool and great take ...
I love reading the journaland the pics are priceless...:)... and I love just about everything... STUNNING...
Look at NAte... hes too cute....
enjoy your evening... and have a great weekends... xx
Love your MLS sketch L/O Mel. And just how super cute is Nate doing some cleaning for you! What a gorgeous, sweet thing to do for his Mummy, even if it did create a little more mess...lol!
Aww...Nate is such an adorable boy! Aren't you a proud momma that he wants to help? :)
Love your layout, Mel! It's so cute! About the little dots on my card...I used a tracing wheel to do the trick. I explained here http://scrappernista.blogspot.com/
Both super layouts Mel! Such gorgeous photos too. :)
I love that you love fussy cutting. it gives us amazing eye candy to look at!! i cant believe how fabulous your artastic lo is. i looked a that painting and thought bleech, but your lo is one of my favs of yours yet. you turned into a thing of beauty!!
love your lil cleaner!
Love both of those LO's - and how clever of you to snap that pic of Nate and the oven. Kids do get funny ideas sometimes... Hey send him over to my place, I *hate* cleaning the oven, lol.
Love how you used framed the circle at the first layout - it looks just great. Fab color choice and the banner is too cute.
*lol* at your little man cleaning up. I wish mine did...
yes Melli girl.. I also think this first layout is stunning.. soo cute.. and i love that red tag.. who make those ..?
I am proud of you with your take on the challenges. I would love to do more.. but.. mm time??
Hope you are going well..sorry for not sending you more love thru your blog.. that time factor again..xxxx
Oh Mell....I just adore your LO....Love all the details...you ROCKED this one!!! The picture of Nate is just PERFECT!!!
That is tooo cute...you have such a big helper!!!! Sounds like something Gavin would do!!
Wishing you a great day!!! Hope it is filled with many smiles!!! :-)
Love your LO's Mel! The first one is too cute! love the title and the fussy cutting ... fantastic!! Very cute too your little man cleaning ... wish my bigger ones were that way inclined!!!! Have a lovely weekend!
Wx :)
Hi Mel, love both your layouts! The design and papers on the first, just awesome (I have very similar pics of Nolan when he was that age!) and the second is so cool (love the ladies on the paper there!) I finally got your package in the mail (I'm blaming the delay on my very irresponsible husband, but he sent it air mail, so he makes up for it there) so it shouldn't be long. Let me know when it makes it there, hopefully safe and sound! Love, Roxy.
beautiful LO's my friend! i've never had the chance to use My Little Shoebox but with your LO i think i have to purchase some thanks for the inspiration. your little Nate is so cute! i'm still working on some of the flowers i'm going to send you sorry it's taking me a while, WORK is getting in my way LOL!
Loving your 2 LO's Mel... 1st one is absolutely adorable!! Nate is going to make some girl very happy one day!! Thanks for your gorgeous comments on my blog. hugs :)
Thanks for your encouraging words you are so sweet!!
Wishing you and Nate a fabulous weekend!!
Sounds like you are getting a little warmer weather?
Much love to you both!!
Mel, I've got an idea. Would you like some photos of my girls to scrap so that you can use some bling? If yes, just send me an email with your address and I'll send some your way. But don't feel obligated - it's just an idea. (-: Higs, Jules.
Love the layouts Mel, those papers are fantastic, just love how you have used them so beautifully! I always love the wonderful photos you use on your layouts.
That is TOO CUTE about Nate cleaning out the grill for you, quick thinking on your part to get a photo! Can't wait to see that one scrapped!
another precious layout there...love what you did with the papers! and that lil boy is just so stinkin cute....hugs to nate :)
That is one stinking cute MLS layout! The colors and the circle in the middle made the photo stands out! The second layout is stunning! Seems like your lil man is pretty busy in the kitchen eh? He is such a cutie!
Hi. Mel!!
How was your Sat?
Hoping you both had a fabulous day!!
thinking of you!!
Much love to you both!!
These look great Mel.
Thanks for popping by my blog and your comments. You must be a mind reader I am going to be starting up a sale box at work for some of my cards and have been thinking of selling my copic cards for $5. Not too sure how it will go though but it is worth a try.
lol, way to go Nate!
And wow, these to LO's are so different from each other! I love 'em both, such amazing use of colors and embellishments... so cool~ <3
Fantastic LO, Mel! I love how you interpreted the sketch!
You did such a great job with the MLS sketch! I adore your lo and how you mixed lines! Thanks for playing along!
These are both great but I really LOVE your MLS layout! Great job! :)
Post a Comment