Saturday, November 13, 2010

White with 1, Meeting Cathy Cafun
























Hello everyone, hope your weekend has started well, it is soooo hot here, it must be going to storm I think, we are popping over to a friend from Lady's group to have a swim with her and her grand daughter, which means I will probably start a diet tomorrow once I see myself in my swimmers for this summer. lol

I had the opportunity yesterday to meet up with someone I met online through this wonderful hobby, I just loooooove her work, and to see some of it in real life, wow well what can you say, she blows me away and not to mention her amazing scrap area......Oh wow------ It was Cathy Cafun, and I was excited but a little scared as I had a little drive to get there, but found her place okay and well to say "we hit it off" I think justifies the fact that no scrapping was achieved. lol we just talked but we have said that next visit we will scrap.......I got to meet her beautiful children, and Nate just loved them as you can see below.

Cathy is on the Design Team for White with 1 and this month the challenge was to do a layout with white and yellow and journalling straight on the layout itself, you know this really challenged me, there is a little extra colour in the ink I used to highlight the edges of my handmade flowers, I used Sass Lass papers here, and I cut up tape measure and the pics are Nate playing on his swing out the back.....he is always wanting to go higher and higher. The chipboard circles and sass lass paper from the Mix and Mend range is from Tracey at My2angels.
























Cathy and me























Brittany and Nate playing X-box. He told me last night he is going to marry her......she wants to be a doctor so this mum is all for it....she is just gorgeous to boot....good choice son.























Nate's new friend Luke. What a gorgeous boy, so polite and great with Nate. Thanks Lukey for teaching Nate how to use K'nex, and sharing your hot chips with him and showing us a little more about Cosplay.

Aunty Jan is coming down tonight so I am going to do a layout.....Hope you are all well, will check out your blogs over the next day or two, Love you all dear friends. Melxx

28 comments:

Cathy said...

What a gorgeous LO Mel... don't know what you were so nervous about... just stunning!! Love the handmade flowers.. thanks for joining in at WW1!! I'm so glad you worked up the courage to drive all that way for our visit. I had the loveliest time... like we agreed.. next time we will try & fit in a bit of scrapping!!! You will have to email that pics... they're so cute. hugs :)

Anonymous said...

OHHH How awesome! you guys all look like you could be related!

Its so nice to meet friends through scrapping and bloggin!

Gorgeous scrappage, I love the colours and flowers!

Chloe said...

This is a gorgeous page, just love every bit!!! What fun to meet Cathy!!! :-)

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous LO!!
The design is amazing!!
Your flowers are so pretty!!
Glad you met another scrapper and had a wonderful time!!
Glad Nate enjoyed her children company that is so fun!!
Have a wonderful time with Jan!!
I wish I had someone near by to scrap with!!
Must love to you both!!
Hugs!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love love that lo!!! LOVING the circles and the yellow! :):):):):) And how funnnnnnnnnnnnn to meet an online friend!! GREAT PHOTOS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

amanda73 said...

gorgeous page love it......... glad you and cathy hit it off.... next time maybe i could come too....

Anonymous said...

Your layout is gorgeous and I love that you were able to incorporate so many photos - isn't it great when we meet friends from online IRL glad you hit it off (& I hear ya on the nervousiness) but I can imagine you would be so adorable IRL like you are online and in emails and Cathy looks just as wonderful

Peggy said...

Your LO is wonderful!!! I really like it, especially those circles look very cool. Glad you got the opportunity to meet an online friend, I'm so happy you hitted off!
xxx Peggy

Caroline said...

Hey hun, what an awesome LO i love how you did the edge of the circle and your handmade flowers are awesome. i would love to get to meet an online friend, hey one day im sure.was so good that you got on so well. just so glad i have that course out the way and have been scrapping every day this week which has been awesome. im working on an album to send to my gran for Xmas and have decided on 8.5 by 11 as i really loved doing that 1st layout plus i think it will be easier to post to the UK. see you around hun , love Caz xx

Lynnda said...

Hey Luv... What a gorgeous layout ... I love the YELLOW...just pops up...neat!!! I love the handmade bloom...And look at Nate!! He is too cute...

How fun meeting someone online... and swooop...you just click!!! Awesome... NExt will be you and me... I'm sure we will meet some day!!!...And I will give Nate a bug teddy hugs!!!...he he ...

Again thanks for love... yeah me too likewise... enjoy your time with Aunt Jan!!!..No doubt eh!!!..Besides the weather... same here...just ugly!!!...

muacksss...to you and Nate...xoxo

Marelize said...

What a fabulous layout Mel. You pics are amazing and the colours are perfect. Great design.
How awesome that you could meet Cathy and its great that you got on well. I could have told you... you are both such lovely people. :)
Take care.
M xox

Karla Ribeiro said...

Pretty its LO, I adore Los with circles, are wonderful! I adore its works, you is very careful Kisses.

DebiJ said...

Wow Mel, what top photos for your WW1 LO! Love all your elements, it just flows together wonderfully!

So pleased your meeting with an online friend went so well...it is a great feeling to finally catch up with our scrapping friends.

Dria said...

Terrific post! I LOVE THE LO!! Your little guy is a doll face!

Rita Barakat said...

I love that - it';s so funmeeting friends IRL! Nate loooks soooo happy with his friend how cute!!!! Greta lo girly! So glad you had a good time!

Natalie said...

Awwww...such sweet photos. Looks like you all had a great time!! STUNNING LO...love love love it Miss Mel.
Hope you are well.
Hugs

Kelly Massman said...

Love the circle with all of the fun flowers and stuff! :-)

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, that scrapbook page is awesome--over the top! Love all the extra details you added.

Samantha Hauzer said...

Wow, LOVE that layout Mel! Great photos of your visit with Cathy too!

Julie said...

Love the layout Mel. Looks like you and Nate had fun meeting Cathy. Thanks for the comments on my latest pages. Missy wishes that dog was ours but I've been scrapnapping again. He belongs to one of my US scrapping blogger friends Sarah. Have since edited the post to add in her name.

Unknown said...

WOW so much lovely detail in this LO! Thanks so much for joining in this month at WW1! :) xo

mel said...

Love Cathy!!! Gorgeous LO Mel - love te texture!
Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Stunning layout, Mel!!! How exciting that you got to meet Cathy!!! She seems really lovely. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I had heard rumours that SC is going bi-monthly - so is it official? That doesn't sound very good! What do you think? :S

Mary Jo said...

That is always so much fun to meet a new scrappy friend! :0)
You did a wonderful job with the challenge!

T.W said...

Love the look of black&white photos and colorful elements~ That circle frame is awesome!

And ooh, a fellow cosplayer? =3

LG said...

THAT LAYOUT IS STUNNING!!!!! I love every inch of it. perfectly placed, love the photos and the colour were just right

Mal said...

gorgeous LO!!!! wow those flowers are beautiful! i can't do stuff like that at all!
I would have been nervous too!
Thanks for playing along at WW1!:)

Mazz's Scrap O'Clock said...

i've just loved reading the story and the LO is just so stunning - coincidentally, the yellow & white colours are a fabulous match too :)