Scrapping pictures of my 6 year old son has been my favourite thing to do, I now enjoy making cards as well, I work for Child Protection Services during the week days and have the luxury of taking and picking my little boy up from school, we have built our little dream house, have 2 chickens (Lolly & Dolly), 2 poodles and 2 loud parrots (Trevor and Charley) and fantastic friends and neighbours.
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Challenge Masters Inspiration Challenge, Amber
Hello everyone, hope you are having a wonderful weekend. I would like to share a layout I did for Melissa Cook's Kraft Inspiration challenge at Challenge Masters, I used this photo of Amber (right) and myself as I wanted to document how courageous she is, she was 5 months pregnant with twins and was not having an easy pregnancy, lost her home in the floods, had her 5yr old daughter starting prep, a son who was in trauma with the happennings around him with the floods and a husband to boot, oh and a guinea pig, dog, and budgie......Throughout all of the surrounding tradgedy she had a smile on her face and always spoke positively and I just found her so inspirational....what a rock she was for her family.....so courageous. If you would like to check out the challenges at Challenge Masters click HERE.
Nate had the camera last night and whilst I was trying to scrap he was taking photos all by himself and all the while saying "Kiss me Mum" I think he did an awesome job too.
Hope all is well wherever you are, off to do some more blog hopping and hopefully start another layout. Love Melxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


29 comments:
gorgeous layout with such special meaning, some people are just inspirational angel to us all!
Have a great week! xoxo
Loving how funky this is!!! FABULOUSLY FAB work : ) Love and Peace xox
love the layout and a gorgeous photo, some people just are inspirational and courageous that we can all learn alot from... sounds like amber is just one of those people
Love the little characters on your gorgeous LO and what an amazing lady xxx
This is Just gorgeous MEL!! Amber sound like a gorgeous person, Just like you MEL!!
Enjoy your Week...
XXX
Amber certainly sounds like a beautiful lady!!! And so deserves to have a gorgeous LO to journal your thoughts and feelings of her.Thanks for joining me and all the scrapping inspiration at Challenge Masters.I love having you there...xx
PS...Nate is a cutie alright and love the photo he took!!!
Hi Mel. I just love this layout you created about your amazing friend. The world need more people like the two of you.
Nate took a wonderful photo and it would be great to see you scrap that one. :)
Hope you had a great weekend. xx
Awesome layout Mel! Love how you framed the pic! :) Your friend sounds like a super trooper!
And Nate did a good job with the pic-taking!
Gorgeous and beautiful layout to scrap .... and wow Amber has been through it all!
NO ... no internet STILL just stole mum's laptop for the night and I can't access my emails (:(:(: Bloody Big Pond!!!!!
Hope you are good my dear friend i will be in touch as soon as I can ...must be time for you to come and visit me again soon :)
Looove your layout Mel.. love the who concept of it. and the colors are gorgeous.. what an amazing person Amber is.. love and hugs to you.. will catch up with you in Brisbane in June I am hoping xxx
What a wonderful tribute to your friend.....I just adore the LO!!!!!
What a great pic....Nate is so adorable!!!!
Wishing you a wonderful day!!! :-)
Great layout missy mel. love the photo too.
Amber is one courageous lady! Thanks for sharing her story! What a gorgeous layout. Love it. Awww...Nate is the sweetest! Totally nailed the photo!
Loveeeeeeeeee that lo! Loving the little girl embellies!! And that photo Nate took is ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
MEL my dear!!!...This layout is just beautiful!!Love how you framed the pic! ... Your friend is indeed very inspirational perse!!!Very courageous too... Awesome!!!
WOW Nate did a good job with the pic-taking!!! Hes darling!!!..
HUgs...to you both...xoxo
LOVE your LO Mel.. such funky details and what a lovely photo of you and Amber!! Little Nate is becoming a budding photographer.. what a fab pic!! Have a fab week :) hugs
A wonderfully creative layout Mel about your amazing friend!!! Love the cute little images!!! Looks like Nate a pretty good picture taker!!! Sweet picture!!!! Can't wait to see you scrap it!! Have a great week1
hi mel, wow thank you so much for your LO and the beautiful words you wrote about me... i was havn one of those days and your words just made me realise how i have to be strong and keep going.. love your work always but especially this one xxxx thanks for being a great true friend xxx
Gorgeous LO!!
Love all the fun embellishments!!
What a awesome topic to scrap about!!
How special that you get to encourage one another!!
Love the picture Nate took!!
He did awesome!!
Love & hugs to you both!!
Love the layout and your story was nice!
Ooh, that page is awesome! Love your topic and those little people - they are so cute!
This is absolutely delightful!!!
gorgeous pic!!
What a lovely tribute to your friend! Very cool that you have her in your life!
Lovely layout Mel. Great memory to record! Clever Nate with the camera too - that will surely be a great memory to scrap :) Hope you are all better & back into the swing of things now...
Love the journaling at the bottom of the Lo flood twins that is so sweet.
So glad you both were able to meet and encourage one another!!
Do you hide Easter eggs for Nate at Easter?
Ellie is so excited she has a party on Thursday at her friends ranch with soem of her freinds and then we will have an egg hunt on Sunday after church.
Hope you are well sweet friend!!
BTW if you ever want to know what time it is here go to world timesaver so glad I found this I will call you late next week when dh is gone so I can talk as long as I want!!
Love & hugs!
Wow... gorgeous LO about an amazing woman! It's sooooo not fair what some people have to go through....
LOVE the pic your little, talented, photographer took!! It's awesome!!
WOW gorgeous layout as well!
Mel, that sounds like a fun and perfect Easter!!
We have a Easter basket we give Ellie when she wakes up, have a nice dinner, go to church and have a Easter egg hunt at home.
She loves the Easter egg hunt like all kids! LOL!
The flower soft is actually small flowers crushed up its pretty amazing stuff!
I will send you a sample soon!
I received this free when I signed up for the cyber CHA in Feb.
Happy Friday!!
Just STUNNING Mel!! And awww just a gorgeous photo too :)) xx
Post a Comment