This is my entry for Artistic challenge this month, had to be Art Nouveau style, I wasn't sure with that one, had to use a cut out photo, this is the only one I felt I could do this with, flourishes and a halo. Once the challenge is set I usually stress a bit and then things seem to fall into place, a bit like any immediate "hard basket" thing. I used some of the gorgeous papers and embellishments I got from last months Noel Mingon kit. Nate and I are travelling to Walloon to see a friend who recently had a baby, so he gets to play with Cooper and his mum and I can catch up, I can nurse little Lucas and hopefully the rain will stay away, Nate will then come home have a sleep and I can scrap.....Yay! Well that is the plan, hope you all have a wonderful day. Love MelxxScrapping pictures of my 6 year old son has been my favourite thing to do, I now enjoy making cards as well, I work for Child Protection Services during the week days and have the luxury of taking and picking my little boy up from school, we have built our little dream house, have 2 chickens (Lolly & Dolly), 2 poodles and 2 loud parrots (Trevor and Charley) and fantastic friends and neighbours.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Artistic challenge blog entry
This is my entry for Artistic challenge this month, had to be Art Nouveau style, I wasn't sure with that one, had to use a cut out photo, this is the only one I felt I could do this with, flourishes and a halo. Once the challenge is set I usually stress a bit and then things seem to fall into place, a bit like any immediate "hard basket" thing. I used some of the gorgeous papers and embellishments I got from last months Noel Mingon kit. Nate and I are travelling to Walloon to see a friend who recently had a baby, so he gets to play with Cooper and his mum and I can catch up, I can nurse little Lucas and hopefully the rain will stay away, Nate will then come home have a sleep and I can scrap.....Yay! Well that is the plan, hope you all have a wonderful day. Love Melxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Stunning work Mel! I love the cluster of embellishments! Really nice! :)
Gorgeous page Mel. Hope your day goes as planned :)
Wow, this is just lovely! Check out the little surprise I left you on my blog...
wow this is stunning love it...... hope you and nate have a great time away
Thats a gorgeous LO Mel.. I was just about to email you and say.. ok.. Im challenging you to do a LO with a photo of yourself in it.. We must have a connection LOL xx
Gorgeous, Mel!!
Love everything about this!!
Love that Webster's!! I have that same collection!!
I love to do paper piercing too!
Girl you rocked another challenge!!
Let us know if you win!
Have safe traveling and have a wonderful time visiting friends!
Hugs!
Gorgeous Mel! Love your halo!! lol!! Beautiful muted colours!! Hope you had a good day and everything went to plan! :) p.s. and now you have 2 awards to put up on your blog!!! you had better get some 'copy and pasting' done girl!! xxx
What a gorgeous Layout... and thank you so much for all your comments of late... hope you had a lovely visiting your friends... loved checking out all your creations too... your son has heaps of character... such joy they are!!
Enjoy the rest 0of your week!!!
Gorgeous layout Mel. I find it very hard to scrap myself but you have done an amazing job - love everything about it.
Hugs, Irene xx
This layout is totally gorgeous Mel!
wow I LOVE this - the cut out photo and halo look fab!! All your recent layouts are gorgeous, you are ON FIRE!! Love your work :)
Great layout! I especially like the flowers in your hair!
So pretty - love the flowers in the hair!
Thanks for your kind and sweet words, Mel!!
Hoping you have a very blessed weekend!
Hugs!
What a beautiful page of yourself Mel
Great page Mel! I find that style so hard to conquer and you managed that one with ease! Gorgeous job and I love your flower 'halo'.
This is sooooooo gorgeous. I love the flourishes and your cut work. :)
mel this is gorgeous i love it.
Post a Comment