Saturday, March 27, 2010

Design Dollies Elements challenge


Hi everyone, I just want to say a huge thank you for the lovely well wishes for my birthday yesterday, you have truly made this day special for me, I had to also laugh at the "there is no way you are 42" comments, I am certainly going to keep this camera, sounds like it does wonders.
The above layout is for the Design Dollies Element challenge this week combining 3 types of bling, I used a diamontee photo corner, glitter in the "farmer" title and some kindy glitz on the circle embellishment. I backed some of this gorgeous paper with cardstock and then placed the photo on it and used some odd bits of older Sass lass paper, Nate's friend Cooper lives on a big property so when he visits he loves to ride on all the farm type toys out there.
A friend came over and cooked a beautiful tea for me last night, chicken breast with lemon salt and balsamic salad and then apple pie and cream for dessert, oh I was out of the diet for today, I have been so good though....but Nate fell asleep on us, then Malinda stayed, and we watched a movie. So I had a wonderful day. Today I took Jan shopping, she needs some help getting groceries and we help, nothing exciting to tell, Nate is having his arvo nap and I am catching up on blogging and checking out all your gorgeous blogs. Thanks dear friends. Love Melxx

16 comments:

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Happy birthday for yesterday - you are NOT 42 are you?? You look fabulous!!! And I absolutely love this layout too, great use of white space :)

Anonymous said...

GREAT PAGE, I love everything about it!!!

Glad you had a fabbie B'day!

Rita Barakat said...

SO glad you had a wonderful time on your birthday! Your lo and little guy are adorable!

amanda73 said...

love that LO heaps......... connor has that teactor that nate is on..
we will do 6x12 LOs when you come down...........you can try something different lol

Michelle H. said...

I love this LO!!
So stunning!!
Love all the fun embellies!!
I'm so glad you had a fabulous Bday!!
Praying you both have a fun and blessed weekend!!
Love and hugs!!

KarenB said...

Fabulous page Mel, loving the bling title :) Thanks as always for dropping in at my blog, your comments always make me smile :)

Jocelyn said...

Such a great page and the title is just PERFECT!!!!

So glad to hear that the Birthday was FABBY!!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

Tracey said...

Love that layout Mel and I am glad to hear you had a fab birthday :)

Angela said...

Hey Happy belated birthday wishes!!! woo hoo hope you had a fabulous day! xx LO's are looking brilliant can I say!!
Ps: no way you are 42! :)

Anonymous said...

I missed it so... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! So glad to hear it was such a good one! You can't diet on your birthday anyways LOL!

Your LO is awesome! Love the touches of bling on a boy page! I have a hard time with that! Thanks for playin with us DOllie!

Marelize said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marelize said...

Fabulous layout Mel! Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog and for wishing my boy a happy birthday too! You always make me smile. (((hugs)))

glorygirl said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! This layout!!!

Samantha Hauzer said...

I LOVE this layout!! It's gorgeous! And happy birthday for the other day. You definately DO NOT LOOK 42!!!

Jessica G. said...

So cute! The white background really makes this fun photo pop and what a perfect farm title!!

Jill Sarginson said...

awesome negative space layout! really pops!

And BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! Hope you had a GREAT one! :)