Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bisous, Nook University, soccer























Hi everyone, I cannot believe the month is almost over, what happenned to it. This month I was honoured to be Guest Designer at Bisous Scrapbooking in Canada. I want to take this opportunity to thank Suzanne for the honour and sending me all the gorgeous products to me. I had a blast, if you would like to check out the site please click HERE.The above layout is made using all her wonderful products.























Well I made it to the final week of Nook Uni, this was my layout for the Geography class and it is a picture of my nana's (dec'd) old house in Hervey Bay. She was a sewer so I just had to use a technique I learn't from friend Louise Nelson and covered the cardstock with pattern sheets. Tanya Tahir was the teacher of this class and although it brought up some emotional memories for me, I am so thankful I scrapped this photo. I was honoured to come tied 2nd with Anthea Peterson (can you believe it- I was super stoked), Nic Pomeroy won with her amazing layout design. As of next week the top 15 will start from scratch and be challenged in a new series of classes to decide the valedictorian.  I will let you know if I make the top 15.























Here is Nate with his under soccer photo for 2010, he was so pround to receive this and his trophy and he wanted to put it up here so Mikayla, Cooper, Connor and Jazi could see it.

We are off to another Currimundi camp from tomorrow morning 27th to Wednseday 29th, so I will be blogging to you tonight and catch up with you soon. Love to you all. Melxx

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 amazing pages Mel, absolutely love seeing your work, its beautiful!!!

and omg how cute is nate looking, he is growing up so fast!

Love and Best Wishes to you both!

Julie said...

Gorgeous pages Missy Mel. Thanks for your comment on my blog. It has really made my day.

KarenB said...

You are rocking these challenges Mel - I love the one of your grandparent's house - it's a lot more 'shabby and girly' than your usual style and it really does suit you :) Congratulations on doing so well - there really is some amazing inspiration at the Nook, isn't there?

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Lovely pages, Mel - you have a unique personal style!! :D

xxx

Anonymous said...

WTG on the guest dt spot and for doing so well at teh Nook
Love the layout of the house and how proud does Nat look?

Jocelyn said...

Those are 2 awesome pages...I love that you sewed on the patterns and all the detail work you put into these!!!!

Oh Nate...I am so proud of you!!! That picture is awesome!!! Congrats on a great soccer season!!!

Wishing you a great week!!! Love ya girlie!!!

amanda73 said...

love those layouts....and cute pic of nate.......Congrats on coming 2nd, woohoo

Cecelia said...

Wow Mel! I honestly cannot pick a favorite LO. I love all the circles and what looks to be a handmade title in your first LO. And I love all the flowers in your second! Your LO's are always fabulous to look at Mel;0) Nate is as cute as ever! You guys take care...
Hugs Your friend
Cecelia B

Michelle H. said...

Wow!! Gorgeous LO's!!
I love them both!!
Love all the circles in the 1st one and the banner, and background paper and flowers on the 2nd one!!
Congrats on 2nd place what an achievement with all the competition you had!!
You rock girl!!
So excited and proud for Nate!!
Big Congrats to you Nate!! WTG!
Looking forward to hearing all about camp!!
Much love to you & Nate!!

Sarah Lou said...

CUTEST soccer star ever!!!!! and i am so in love with teh grandmothers house layout. its beautiful and i can feel the sentiment.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous LO's Mel!! Love the layered circles on the 1st LO and the house LO is absolutely stunning. Love the softness created with all the flowers and details!! Congrats on 2nd place and for your guest DT spot. hugs :)

LG said...

Congratulations to your GDT post. This layout is breathtaking! You did an amazing job with their products

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous LOs Mel...absolutely Stunning....

Nate is so darling... hes really cute...

have a nice day...xx

Rita Barakat said...

WOw girl you did a gorgeous job!ON BOTH!!! COngrats too - thats so awesome!

Roxy said...

Hi Mel, congrats on coming in 2nd - that's so awesome, and you totally deserve it!!! I love the title on your bisous layout, it's so true, it's the little things. And the pattern paper on the next layout, how ingenious, and it looks so great! My grandparents used to live in Hervey Bay, maybe they were neighbours with your gran!

Debbie said...

Love your layouts! The second one is gorgeous! Enjoy your time with Nate!

Natalie said...

Love those pages Mel but I think that gorgeous photo of Nate is the masterpiece of your post :)...he is just so cute!!!

Nenne said...

Thank you for your kind words Mel!

I absolutely loooove the layout "this house", loving the banner, the soft blue and the tags and all the details! Great job!

hugs
/Nenne

T.W said...

Holy wow... Always such amazing creations to be seen when I visit you!
Love those circles on the first one, and the second one is just too awesome! Gotta love the color combo of brown and blue~

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Mel!
Hope you had a wonderful time at camp!!
I sent you an email because I cant find your addy it in my email file.
Happy Friday to you both!
Love & hugs!!

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous flowers on your layout and love the effect of punched DPs -- great way to include lots of patterns/design without being overwhelming! And isn't Nate the cutest soccer star?!