Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Scrap the Boys,























Morning everyone, Hope this post finds you and your family's well and happy. Well it looks like a fine and sunny day today after the downpour we had during the night. Nate and I are going to Storytelling at Riverlink Shopping Centre kids program today, he gets to make a fairy wand and some other crafty things. He really won't care he just loves crafts and there are other little boys going too......

The above layout is for Scrap the Boys this month. You know I just love my Sass Lass papers, can't go wrong with the amazing array of colours, and I got a baby pin, threaded on of My2angels camera charms on it and really like the effect. I have had these Sass Lass letters for quite a while, you know when you just hoard something because you really love them, well it was time to get them out and the amazing cutout of the superhero was from a cut out of a card in a rak from Glorygirl - thanks Julie. Oh and the flourish is by Flourish with a bling.

I hope you like my layout, and again thanks to all of you, by visiting your blogs I have my mojo back to better than ever, you all motivate me to get into my scrapping with your wonderful craftiness and talent.

Thank you so much to the lovely girls who gave me blog awards this week, you are both very special to me, I you all have a fantastic Wednesday and will hop over to see you soon. Love Melx

23 comments:

Wati Basri said...

awww...such a cutie layout!

amanda73 said...

wow lovin that layout...i havent started yet....would you believe, i have 6 boys, and no 'superhero theme photos....... have a great week........i need to call you some time, or if you get a chance call me...

Kate said...

this is SUPER cute mel!! love those colours!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chikadee! LOVE your work as always!

Now Mel it wont be a fairy wand for a boy, it will be a WIZARDS wand! ;-)

Have a great week!!

Lynnda said...

Morning Mel.... I'm always happy to come by here...
Oh my ... this layout is so fun, happy and mostly i love the colors...oh yes... I'm a big FAN of sass lass too... and I too hoard them like crazy!!!....LOL...we are just crazy!!!..Look at the photo...my spidey Nate... hes too cute eh...

I'm sure Nate will have lotsa fun with fairy wand...

enjoy the rest of the week MEL... hugs and kisses..xx

Cecelia said...

Hello there Mel:0) Great LO! Love the tunnel picture and the black flourish;0) I have a super cute pic of my middle son, Nick, in a Batman costume that is soooo cute! I should totaly scrap it
;0) You and Nate have a good time with the crafts and talk to you soon;0)

Hugs to you and Nate;0)
Cecelia B

LG said...

Oh this looks so much fun! I love all the playful elements you added. This is beautiful

Marelize said...

I love your gorgeous spidey man layout Mel. Looks like its the week for awards for you. There's a little something on my blog for you. ;)
M xox

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooooo FUN! I love love love love that photo, the title work and LOVING the BRIGHT FUN colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Celeste Vermeend said...

Very cute. Love the little superman!

Michelle H. said...

Mel, this is so adorable and very beautiful!!
Love all the layers and all the fun embellies you used!!
Love the superman embellishments!
What an adorable picture of Nate!
Hope you both had a fun day with reading & crafts!!
Ellie loves crafts & books too!
Love to you Nate!

Jocelyn said...

Oh the colors on this one are STUNNING!!!! I love how Happy it makes me feel!!!! What a great photo!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

Wendy said...

You are on a roll girlfriend!! GREAT LO ... love how you attached the camera charm! and love Sass too ... those alphas are great!! Wendy x

T.W said...

My love for Sassa just rebloomed thanks to this... so many pretty layers~
And the camera charm is such a neat touch!

Roxy said...

Love this, especially the Superman punchout and the charm/pin combo! I'm finding that you Aussies have some great stuff over there - maybe I'll have to come on a scrapbooking treasure hunt one day! Hope you have fun with Nate at his crafting adventure!!!

Stacey said...

I love this. I love how you use Sassafras you are my super hero! Another fantastic layout.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

What a cute layout - Nate looks so adorable in his spidey costume! Blog hopping is great for the mojo - I'm glad you are feeling it coming back :)

Cathy said...

Amazing LO Mel and such a gorgeous pic... loving those SL pp's!! I have been searching for a pic for this challenge and I'm stumped!

One Paper Heart said...

Hi Mel looks like you are back, love the tree LO and the super hero has lots of lovely embellishments on it.
Weather today is perfect enjoy.

Kelly Massman said...

Love it!

Maggie Lamarre said...

what a fun lo, luv it.
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Debbie said...

Nothing I love better then A Sassafras Lass layout! Love the bright mix of colors! Just wanted to let you know that I will be finally mailing you some burlap this weekend. I'm also sending some unique felt that I think you will like!

Melanie said...

Love it! Also, LOVE your blog design!!!


Blessings!
Melanie
http://melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com