Thursday, April 21, 2011

FS2S, Just for me

Hello everyone, hope you are all looking forward to a wonderful 5 day break here is Australia, and happy Easter to all my dear friends. The above layout is a "just for me" I wanted to document this occasion when Nate and Uncle Col were playing "HORSES" in the lounge room, it was hilarious. Now I had 4 photos so I cropped them all down and I actually used an A2Z chipboard title as the mask for the title, and then outlined the words and cut around it. So glad I got this wonderful night on paper to remember....





















This is my entry for "From Screen to Scrap" this month, the criteria, 1. Use a rain related title, 2. An umbrella, and 3. 3 photos, 3 fonts etc....I used Bisous paper for this layout, and added some rub-ons to grunge up the background a bit, the first pic is Nate and he said "Mum it's gonna rain 2day!" and Jan said to him no Nate, it's not going to rain.....guess what - it rained, so Aunty Jan had to borrow his umbrella to go home. This is another great memory I am so glad to get into a layout.

We are off to the Zoo tomorrow, and our Food Bank where I volunteer is moving to new premises on Saturday so we will be there to help, Sunday is our Easter hunt, and Monday is a scrap day with Ms. Cafun....so a busy weekend. I hope you all have an amazing weekend.

Love to you all. Melxx

26 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh these are FABULOUS Mel! I love love love the fun photos and the colors!! And thanks for leaving me a comment!! I hope that means all is fixed now??!!?? :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Colleen B. said...

Wow, what gorgeous pics to scrap, so happy and heaps of fun!!!! I love all the details, they are both gorgeous LO's. Hope you have a lovely easter and say 'Hi' to Ms Cafun, wish I could join you girls....so much of fun....LOL!!!!

Melissa said...

Love that you got two special people in your lives scrapped with such wonderful stories to tell Mel!!!!
You have a very HAPPY EASTER too , Nate as well!!!!
Happy scrapping with Ms Cafun
x Mel

glorygirl said...

So wonderful that you were able to capture both those memories! I love how you can relive happiness and memories through scrapbook pages! Have a lovely weekend!

Marelize said...

Hehehe... I had a giggle when I saw your first layout Mel! That is just SO cute. Your second layout is gorgeous too. The misting of the sun's rays are just awesome.
Having a wonderful Easter Mel and have fun scrapping with Cathy on Monday. xx

Anonymous said...

Wowww.... these are AMAZING Mel!!!
LOVE your use of colors and you have such a great feeling for design/balance of your page!!
Wish you a lovely Easter!!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous Lo's Mel and such great photos!! Very clever LO for the screen to scrap with your umbrella photos! Sounds like you have a full on weekend, enjoy and don't eat too much of Nate's chocolate stash LOL!!! Love Wendy xx

Kelly Massman said...

Love the playfulness of these wonderful layouts!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pages doll, I so admire your work, and I LOVE the stories you have with each page, true memories there!!!

Sounds like you've got a super weekend planed, hope you have a fantastic one, all the best!

Jasmine S said...

What fab photos. Love the everyday shots. Great colors and love the embellies on both.
Have a fab Easter.

amanda73 said...

love both those layouts, i love the things you scrap...just awesome, have a great holiday

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous LO's!!
Love the title and the fun pictures of them playing horses!!
Love the embellies on this LO!!
What a fun LO with Jan and the unbrella! Love all the flowers!!
Sounds like a fun & busy weekend!!
Looking forward to seeing your Easter pictures!!
Have a blessed Easter!!
Love & hugs!

Rachael Funnell said...

Both Layouts look Sensational.... Sooo bright & Colorful! Cute Photos with the Umbrella.
Happy Easter too you & Nate!!!

Gail L said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog - glad it led me to yours! I just love your scrappin' style! Have a great Easter!

Vicki's Blog said...

Hi
Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I love your pages, they make me want to scrap, I havent done a page in a long time..
Cheers Vicki

Roxy said...

Both layouts rock, you're right, it's great to have these memories scrapped. Both sets of photos are so adorable, I laughed at them both. And, I think I have the perfect photo (somewhere on this computer!) of Ailis sitting in the rain with her princess umbrella that would be perfect for screen to scrap! I'll have to check it out! Have a great weekend, hgs and smooches, Roxy.

Ella Swan said...

Wow sounds like you have a great few days planned ahead & congrats on getting two great memories off your "to Do" list - great job!!

Stacey said...

Stunning and wonderful as always! I love the umbrellas and the sun rays behind them. You are amazing. I look forward to each post and watching your little man grow!!

Michelle H. said...

Mel, hope you & Nate have a blessed & joyous Easter!!
Love to you both!!

Lynnda said...

MEL... miss ya!!... Love both layouts... can't be any beautiful than those two LOs... Love the colors ... the embellies... the layering...and the lovely photos..It's really a best and wonderful thing to do to scrap those memorable pictures... have a great Easter... enjoy the break... and yes... enjoy MONDAY... hugs and kisses to you and Nate...xoxo

P/S: kit is on your way...:wink:

Julie said...

love this missy mel how cute is that umbrella.

Caroline said...

Hey hun
Thanks for your comments, i am so sorry i have been very lack in commenting recently everywhere lol i do look at your work though and it is still awesome. sorry to hear about your money situation but im with you there on having plenty, its a good way for you to use up all your past supplies huh!! i cancelled my sub to SC again, it was just too expensive and i was having to get all 4 add ons just to make anything decent, Noel is still da best in the kit stakes so im back to just getting hers again, atleast i will use it up instead of gathering dust lol. I will need to flick you an email at some point as i have lots to tell you. take care my firend with lots of love to you both from us 3 xx

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Mel!! Glad that you had a wonderful Easter!! How fun about Nate reaction to his basket!!
It always so exciting to see the expressions on their face!
Ellie is getting excited and I'm not sure if we will have her see the basket before or after church?
We went tot eh beach the other day and saw 3 sea turtles I will share later in the week!
It was so fun because we have not seen any in two or 3 years!!
I only used gesso for the clouds all the gesso does is cover design on paper and background and then you paint over it. If you wanted to save moeny you could use white paint and add two layers but not sure how it works with the darker colors!!
Hope you both have a fabulous Monday!!
In a couple weeks I will mail him another bday gift and the shirts such a bummer that they were lost or stolen?
Love ya!

T.W said...

It's nice doing some "just for me" LO's once in a while, eh? ^-^
Beautiful job on both of these, and that umbrella is awesome! (my crew have similar ones, in their size though... Nino has a frog, Konami a raccoon XD)

Cathy said...

OOH loving both your gorgeous LO's Mel.. so much yummy colour and amazing detail and your pics are fabulous!! Hope you had a wonderful time at the zoo and I'll see you and Nate on Thurs :) hugs

Kim said...

love how the black in both of these layouts really makes them pop!!!