Monday, April 25, 2011

Scrap the Boys, Rak from Stacy























Hello dear friends, hope you have enjoyed your Easter and if you are in Australia enjoying this special Anzac Day. We are having a day at home today, and Nate and I are doing various activities together. Painting, a bit of cleaning, setting up the train tracks, grooming dogs.....and I am just about to sit down to some scrapping.

The above layout is for this month's Scrap the Boys Challenge, I was inspired by Cathy Cafun to do some masking of some scrapware spiders I had and I think she has made me addicted to misting.....my only hope is I can become as good as her....

I received this amazing huge RAK from my gorgeous friend in USA Stacy, wow, I seriously broke down when I saw this package and what was in it....The little pando you see on the top is called "Bamboo" and is now in the bed with us as is Lamby and Guinea Pig.....



This was an amazing assortment of chocs she sent, there was one in particular called a half egg and it consisted of peanut butter, oh my goodness. So gorgeous...so I snuck those out for me....



















So much wonderful goodness here and wow stamps, papers, and I love the gorgeous card she made for me. What a special lady she is, if you would like to visit her creative blog just click HERE.

Thanks so much Stacy, you made Nate and my year and I am going to do a double layout with Nate using the toys and craft goodies you sent for him. Love and safe wishes to all of you, my extended family. Love Melx and Natex.....

30 comments:

ann said...

Happy Easter to you and little Nate.. xxx
WoW what a wonderful RAK lucky you and I also love your LO xx

Lisa Amiet said...

OH!! This is super cool!! am loving your misting, you rocked it! xoxo

Wendy said...

Happy Easter Hun!! Love your masking it looks awesome! and what perfect photos!! Wow what a RAK hope you both have enormous fun playing with all its contents, you deserve it!! Love Wendy xxx

Anonymous said...

Wow.... the both of you got really spoiled!!! What a great friend to sent you this HUGE box of goodies!!
I'm in oooh and aaah over your layout... the misting... the colors... the pics... awesome!!!

Lynnda said...

Hey Mel!! Happy Easter to you and handsome Nate!!! Lucky bunch u and Nate... Chockablock of yummy goodies!! I really love your layout... Very different... Great masking!! Spidey corner !! Clever!! Of course Nate he's too darling !!!.. I can't wait to see your next LO!! .. Hugs and kisses to u and Nate... xoxo

Vicki said...

Oohhhh your spidey layout is just brilliant! Enjoy all those yummy goodies in your RAK too :)

Melissa said...

Couldn't think of anyone nicer than you to receive such a wonderful gift in the mail...so nice to get happy mail!!!!
Glad you had a nice day together...PS... I adore the result of the masking with the spider...you have given me an idea.

Anonymous said...

oh whoa!!! Lots of awesome goodie for you both, so great to see!!!

So well deserved!

I adore your scrappages the misting is fabulous, you did an awesome job with the masking spidies!

Enjoy your day, hope you had a swell Easter Break!

Moonie said...

Ohhh how lucky are you... isnt it the most exciting feeling receiving a package like this in the mail. I have had a few but not this FAT!!
Ummm do I see a hint of neg space on this spider layout hahha? Great layout Melly x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! I am LOVING all those webs!!! And WOWWWWWWWWW that is some AWESOME happy mail! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

amanda73 said...

love that layout, just gorgeous. and what an enormous rak., how lucky were you

Cathy said...

WOW Mel love the finished LO, I can see you added a few of the hand made flowers we tried.. they look so cute!! So glad you enjoyed the misting and masking.. it's very addictive once you start and the possibilities are endless! We will have to try another technique for you next visit :) hugs

Marelize said...

Your misting looks awesome Mel! Love the cute pics of Spidey Nate. Gorgeous layout! :)

Stacey said...

I love this layout! I love how you did the spider and the webs. I hope Nate loves it. Love all the goodies you got! How fun!

glorygirl said...

loooooooove that spidey layout! The colors, the webs, the misting! Love it!

Jocelyn said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH that LO is Perfect!!! I just adore it!!!

Look at that box of goodies....it is wonderful!!!!

Looks like lots of creating for you sweet friend!!!

Sending you big Hugs today!!!! :-)

Lou said...

Hi Mel ;) absolutely loooove you LO!! Totally fabulous and stunning!! And WOW what a RAK!! You lucky girl!! Sorry have been trying get here and say hi... working an insane roster of nights atm...
Hope you have a great week!!
Lou xxxxx

Ella Swan said...

Wow Mel what an Easter blessing that RAK is for you & Nate! Looks like a bundle of goodies in there & should keep you busy for quite a while! Well I think you did a grand job of the misting on the spiders there - great layout!! Glad you are having fun this long weekend - so lovely to get all our chores done in peace for a change isn't it?!

Jasmine S said...

Mel this LO is just awesome. Your misted spiders are unreal and the title is super cute and the other details are just perfect for that little spidey.
Thank you so much for your Birthday wishes and your awesome comments. I had a great day.

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! MEL just love your STB LO... the Misting looks TOTALLY SUPER AWESOME!! & love the photos of nate & the RAK pack wow! wee! lots of FABBO goodies.......
Hope you & nate are having a wonderful Easter/Anzac Break.....
XXX

Cynthia Lloréns said...

Just a cool page at all...I just love evrything in here....
I´m follower now.
Hugs from Brazil
Have a wonderful week.
Cynthia

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous LO!!
Love all the spider webs and masking!!
Love how you added the flowers too!
Wow what an amazing RAK!!
So glad you receive some more scrap goodies!!
WTG!!
Look at Nate goodies too!
Love the panda bear!!
I sure wish he would have received ours & next time I send the next package I will send it unwarpped maybe that will help?
Hope you & Nate have a fabulous week!
Dh is leaving soon and will be gone for 9 days so excited!!
Love & hugs!

Julie said...

Loving the misting on your layout Mel. It is something I have never really gotten into. Lucky you and Nate looks like you are both goingto have some fun with the goodies.

One Paper Heart said...

Your misting looks great Mel love the spider and web.
Nice RAK that will keep you busy.
Hope you Easter was wonderful! Cheers.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Your layout is AWESOME!!! I LOVE what you did with the mists and the chippie masks - sooo effective!!! Hey that RAK is awesome!!! Wow - you must of totally spun out! How lovely!!! xo

Leslie - lilkoala3 said...

Stopped by to thank you for the comment you left on my blog post! And OMG, I love that layout! Those spider webs are so cool, and the misting is so eye-catching!

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Mel!!
Glad you liked the pictures!! Yes she loves the beach that is her favorite place to be!!
Loves to play in the water and sand!
When you come to visit one day we wil fix you soem brisket!!
She loves to take pic with her camera. She still has a smaller one the grandparents bought her its an indoor one and the other takes inside & out.
Lookign forward to seeign your pictures soon too!
Have a blessed day!!
Lots of love to you & Nate!!

Stacy H-W said...

Mel,
I love your layout!! You did such a wonderfully creative job with the masking and misting.
I LOVE the picture of Nate and I am so happy that you both liked the goodies the kids and I sent!! We had so much fun digging through my stash and finding stuff for you and man did the kids have fun shopping for Nate!

Kim said...

gosh your scrap the boys page is just PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

LG said...

Stunning work as always! You are very talented and you continuously inspire me and many others. Thanks for sharing