I got out the paints for the Design Dollies challenge this week, red, orange and a neutral colour, this was fun I used some photos of Nate on his 3rd birthday in January, it was just wonderful watching his face, priceless, doesn't matter at all to him that he had roary on top or that it was a chocolate mud cake, he was just interested in the candles, we clustered 3 groups of 3 for him and had to light them about 3 times also as he enjoyed the blowing out so much. I used some bazzill swiss dots, added masking tape to the corners of the photos then painted them a bit, used some old Creative Memories paper (not sure where I dug this up from) painted some of the yellowy colour out with paint, used an old syringe to spit the paint over the page and added the title. Wow I know paint is messy but their is something about it that makes me feel happy. I have my friend Jan coming over today to do some scrapping so looking forward to catching up and doing some creating. Whatever you are doing I pray you have a wonderful day and you are all healthy and happy. Love MelxxScrapping pictures of my 6 year old son has been my favourite thing to do, I now enjoy making cards as well, I work for Child Protection Services during the week days and have the luxury of taking and picking my little boy up from school, we have built our little dream house, have 2 chickens (Lolly & Dolly), 2 poodles and 2 loud parrots (Trevor and Charley) and fantastic friends and neighbours.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Design Dollies Colour Challenge
I got out the paints for the Design Dollies challenge this week, red, orange and a neutral colour, this was fun I used some photos of Nate on his 3rd birthday in January, it was just wonderful watching his face, priceless, doesn't matter at all to him that he had roary on top or that it was a chocolate mud cake, he was just interested in the candles, we clustered 3 groups of 3 for him and had to light them about 3 times also as he enjoyed the blowing out so much. I used some bazzill swiss dots, added masking tape to the corners of the photos then painted them a bit, used some old Creative Memories paper (not sure where I dug this up from) painted some of the yellowy colour out with paint, used an old syringe to spit the paint over the page and added the title. Wow I know paint is messy but their is something about it that makes me feel happy. I have my friend Jan coming over today to do some scrapping so looking forward to catching up and doing some creating. Whatever you are doing I pray you have a wonderful day and you are all healthy and happy. Love Melxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
WOW Mel, what you have done here is amazing !!! cute photos and I love the orange and red together. You are a lot braver then me or maybe I don't like to get messy LOL.
Thanks for your visit and comment. My post must have just loaded when you popped in.
Irene xx
OH I absolutely LOVE this page, so bright and fun! Love the colours and techniques you used.
wow, amazing mel.........i have that pp too lol, just love everything here
Love the circles & those splats here & there. Diggin' the colors too :)
Far OUT Mel you are brave with the paint lol. This looks fantastic - love the bright colours you used to show off your gorgeous photos of Nate!
Have a fab day scrapping with Jan!
Mel this is so bright and fun...I love how you captured his joy in your LO...wonderful x
great job on the colour challenge at design dollies this week! i love what you have done!!
Love this!!
Love the paint and all the dots!!
What an adorable picture of him!!
IKWYM we have had dd blow her candles out more than once too!
They just love that!!
Did you get my email?
another way to blow paint is to use a straw!
You add a blob of paint to the paper and you just blow the paint around!!
Have a blessed day!!
Awesome job with the paint Mel! Love your layout! Take care. xxx
Wow i love this so much. Just looks fantastic!! Yep, I can definately relate to your love of paint.
this is HOT, Mel! fabulously artsy-fartsy, and YUMMY colours! :)
thanks for playing with the Design Dollies again - you rocked this challenge!
Very funky, love it Mel
Wow, wow, wow... loving this one so much!! heaps of fun and fabulous techniques :)
Post a Comment