Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Design Dollies Scraplift challenge

This is a scraplift of the wonderful (mommyscraps) from Design Dollies, I actually don't know her name but it was a wonderful layout called Growing too fast dated 25/2/10 on her blog. I got this beautiful rak from the beautiful Julie Lakrose (Glorygirl) and it had these gorgeous pages from Die cuts with a view in it, and I just had to use them straight away, I know there is a lot of pink, but granny actually bought Nate this gorgeous scooter for his birthday and as it was boxed didn't notice the colour, when he opened it on his birthday he didn't look twice at its pink colour, just wanted it to be set up and to ride it, so I felt compelled to use this gorgeous paper. I also added some prima felt vines, and some basic grey bling it on embellishments. I loved the finished layout and hope you do too. Whilst Jan was over today managed to finish 3 layouts, that is a record for me, and I actually love them. Wow I wish I could have these days everyday. I also received a wonderful rak from good friend Michelle Hodges. I love absolutely everything, you girls rock, have totally made my day, thank you so much. It's 8.30pm, Nate is still up, I am going to sit with him whilst I watch Criminal Minds and he will usually fall asleep in my arms, I will carry him to bed and then read one of the many scrap mags I have accumulated, this is a routine in our house, I hope you are having a wonderful night, I love you all. Melxxxx

10 comments:

Moonie said...

wow this is so cool Mel.... and the diecuts are cool xxx Love the colours for a change for a boy

Anonymous said...

WOW That is a very 80's retro page, I love it!!!

Too Fun you Lucky Ducky!

Wendy said...

Love this Mel! the pink looks fab with the green and how cute does he look on that scooter!! ... also love the one from earlier today - great colours and love the paint!! Wx :)

glorygirl said...

Mel! I LOOOOVE how you used the papers, especially the cutouts! Perfect for the scooter photos! AWESOME! You SO ROCKED those papers!

Amy said...

Congrats on the Design Dollies DT spot! You are an amazing scrapbooker and I am sure you will do wonderfully! Mommyscraps name is Adina BTW! I love her to pieces!! Awesome job with this LO too, the colors are so vibrant and bold! Right up my alley!

Jocelyn said...

Love this one Mel...what great colors and I love the die cuts!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

ooh cute layout, i love it xxx

Liz Weber said...

Woohoo Congrats on the Design Dollies DT Melissa, you are perfect for the job. I just love this layout of Nate on his scooter, he looks so cool!

I love those leaf swirls.

Have a great day :-)

MommyScraps said...

Hey Melissa!!! Thanks for playing with the Dollies and for the AWESOME lift... you did a great job with it! :) Can't wait to get playin' with you at the blog!! :) (And yeah, MommyScraps is Adina, lol)

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous LO!!
Love the design and all the colors you used!!
Such adorable picture of nate!!
Thanks for the shout out!
Glad you liked everything!!
Hope the two of you have a fabulous weekend!!
Hugs!