Sunday, March 14, 2010

Design Dollies Sketch Challenge

This is my entry for the Design dollies Sketch challenge, I used some older photos that I really love of Nate whilst cleaning up after the flood in December 08. He had a ball, as kids do in mud and rubbish. I loved this sketch and turned it to suit. Used Basic Grey and College Press pp's. Cosmo cricket strip sentiment, handmade embellishments, and prima flower.

I just have to add after all the wonderful comments about the paint in the top half that little man was beside me with the paint brush and accidently got some on the page, so this is why the swipes and the little roses, but he is an inspiration because I really like the result.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH WOW I love this page!

I love the wooden background paper!

Just a little bit Crafty said...

Great page Mel. Love the pp and the painted cardstock. Very effective.
Irene xx

Michelle H. said...

Very Very pretty, Mel!!
Love the LO and the design!!
Love his little boots he has on!
So sweet and adorable!!
Hope you win the challenge!
Lots of hugs and love!!
Thinking about you!!

Marelize said...

Beautiful Mel! Love the colours and the white space! :)

amanda73 said...

wow, amazing mel, love it all

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Hi Mel! I love what you did with those flowers and paint. Great idea:)

Sarah Lou said...

oh wow are they lil roses on teh pink dashes? I love everything aboutt his lo! Adoring teh wood paper.

Wendy said...

Love it Mel! and how cute does Nate look in those photos! Like that wood paper too!! :)

Moonie said...

hahaha well aren't u a clever girl then... nothing like a mistake turning into something great.. love it Mel x

Jocelyn said...

Love this and what a great idea with the flowers...amazing what we can do...with the little mistakes that can sometimes happen!!!

Have a great day!!!

Jane F. Smith said...

Cool Lo!!! love the smudge of pink paint by the flowers!!

glorygirl said...

How cool that Nate was able to help with the page :-) I just found the Dollies this week and am LOVING their sketches, too!

Leah l'Orange said...

fabulous, Melissa! love the papers (mmmm, BG - a girl after my own heart!), and watch my colour challenge in the morning as i've used the same stuff on my project! :)

you rocked it. so thrilled to have you playing in the Dollhouse with the Design Dollies! :D

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Hi again, thanks so much for your lovely compliments! I am falling in love with your work too!!! Oh pretty please come over to the Nook. It's a USA site but the girls are international and I am pretty much the only Aussie!! I need some mates LOL as you can tell I'm always saying it on my blog. Would love to see you on the forum there :D