Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Design Dollies Sketch Challenge


I did this layout for the March Sketch challenge comp, I just loved the sketch, I turned it and cut some flowers from some old fancy pants papers and added it to some Kaiser paper, and I guess it turned out heritage style. Not so long ago we had a scrapping session downstairs at my house and my little boy brought his Grandma (she is grandma to him) some flowers, she wasn't well at the time, but put them in her hair and he just laughed. She is a dear friend to me, and fortunately only lives 8 houses up the road. I hope you like this layout. Today is Hi-5 day, a friend got us some tickets to a concert in town at 2pm, so we have to run an errand and then home for a wee rest and then get ready for a great time, I am so sure he will enjoy it, for all my friends overseas, this group performs for kids, gorgeous trendy bright outfits and are major hits on our tv's over here.
Also yesterday I mentioned I went op-shopping and my dear friend from USA Michelle asked what this was, well it is 2nd hand odds and ends, clothing, charity shops. Funny how we take this word for granted but the proper word is Opportunity Shops, not sure if this is its proper name but you can find bargains, brand new and used.

14 comments:

amanda73 said...

love that LO, and jan seems like such a lovely lady you and nate are so lucky to have her in your lives..... he will have a blast at the high 5 concert.......... did you find anything goodn at the op shops yesterday

Rita Barakat said...

Such a pretty layout - love all the cutting!

Michelle H. said...

Thanks for the update!! I thought that is what you meant about OP!
We call them thrift stores and thrift shop here!
I like to go once in awhile too!
Gorgeous fussy cutting work on this Lo!!
WTG! Thanks for the dt wishes I don't think I will get it but life is so busy right now so its will be ok!
Hope you had a fab time at the concert!!
Have a great day!!

KarenB said...

Gorgeous LO, yep, and I love op-shops too :)

Corrina said...

Ohhh I love this layout...the handcut flowers and the pic is just gorgeous!!! C x

Sarah Lou said...

oh I just drool every time I see your cutting work stunning layout!

Jocelyn said...

Oh what a sweet LO.....a great page for a wonderful friend!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

LOVED watch'g Hi5 with my kids :) Too bad my local TV station ceased broadcasting hi5 .... this is beautiful :) !

eMeLiNe Seet said...

can't seem to find your email here Mel, mind shooting me an email at emelineseet@yahoo.com ? XO

Deb Neerman said...

WoWza, this is beautiful! So much cutting and such gorgeous flowers! Love it!

Jessica G. said...

You definitely did this great sketch justice! The flowers and journalling frame really pop against the neutral backdrop and accent the photos, too!!

Michelle H. said...

Thanks so much fro your love in the gallery at ACT!!
That was so super sweet!!
Di you find any good bargains at the op?
Hoping yopu are having a great week so far!!
Have a blessed day sweet friend!!

Michelle H. said...

Wishing you a wonderful and blessed day!!
Thanks for you sweet and kind words!
Thanks for being such a wonderful friend!!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, a lot of love put into that page!