Monday, March 1, 2010

A True Reader


A Photo of my little man, having a bit of choc and reading the morning paper, must have been interesting as he is pointing to something on the page, guessing it was probably a bike or a car, not the all ords index lol. He has a chocolate in his lap but as he doesn't eat much chocolate, he more enjoys just unwrapping them and leaving the wrappers and half eaten bits over the house, can anyone else relate. I had some old Upsy Daisy papers with the paisley's on, and I used Scenic Route Backgroud paper (gee I am going to miss this Company, I love their papers)and I actually painted the background around the photo frame but most of it eventually got covered. I mounted the photo onto corrugated cardboard and framed that with sass lass borders, gotta love the bottoms of the sass lass paper, comes in so handy, put some Heidi Swapp brown dot stickers in the corner and some of her acetate brown embellies a fancy pants flourish and a couple of flowers, the butterfly came in a RAK. I like the finished result although I started with a pic in front of me and it turned out absolutely nothing like it, but got me started anyways. Love to you all, Melxx

15 comments:

CreativeMe68 said...

Ohhh I love this LO Mel,your lil man is reading such a old man's section of the paper LOL!!! Love all the pp's that you have used and I love anything paisley.

Thank you for visiting my blog on various occasions. Bye for now Luv Shaz xoxo

Jocelyn said...

Just love this one Mel...and how cute with him reading the paper!!! Now my two boys...would eat every bit of that chocolate....

Wishing you a great week!!! :-)

Sarah Lou said...

love the paisleys, love the layout!! how cute is your lil man!!

Tracey said...

What a brilliant photo Mel. Love this layout :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely lovely... I love all the papers you chose and the design!

amanda73 said...

love the LO of nate mel, gorgeous... and yep connor is the same with chocolate, he wont eat any though, just wants it and lets it melt in his hand lol.... he doesnt eat lollies either, would prefer chips and crackers over choc and lollies

Marelize said...

Gorgeous layout Mel! Yep, I'm going to miss Scenic Route too! Love their papers! Your little guy is so cute... LOL mine certainly wouldn't leave any choclate behind either! :)

Ann-Marie said...

Oh Mel this is gorgeous!! LOVE it!! Might have to lift this one day :) BTW as far as chocolate goes, my kids love it but my youngest will unwrap lollies and not touch them because he doesn't like them!!

Wendy said...

Goregeous LO Mel, love the paisley, you are so good at cutting out and layering on your LO's! Photo is adorable! Glad you enjoyed your sunshine this morning ... a small token for all the sunshine you have left for me over the last few months! W xx

Anthea said...

what a cute photo!! great LO also, thanks for popping by my blog agan =)

Petrina McDonald said...

what a cutie! no one would ever leave half eaten chocolate around this house - it wouldn't last a second!!

Michelle H. said...

Stunning, LO!!
Love all the clusters and layers!!
You rocked this LO!!
Such an adorable picture!!
Have a blessed day!!

Julie said...

This is great Mel. Love that florish spray.

Lucy Edson said...

Gorgeous layering and wonderful paper combination!! Love the photo - so funny!

Just a little bit Crafty said...

Love this page Mel. The photo is way too cute and I love the colour combo and all that layering. I get overwhelmed with layering.