Sunday, May 23, 2010

Creative Scrappers sketch #103


Hi everyone, I hope you have had a great weekend, will go blogging soon to see what you have all been up to. Well I took Nate to Soccer on Friday night, it was boggy and threatened to storm, but we made it home and then had some beautiful rain. Nate did well at Soccer and each week I see improvement with his attention, he did quite a few of the set activities this time.

He is actually going through a stage at the moment where he imitates his dogs, he gets on his hands and knees and pretends, a little scary but he is only 3 and he has such fun with Max especially (the old one) they play and he just laughs his head off, you cannot hear anything else as they sound like a herd of elephants running in the house, so the above photo was him pretending....to eat dog biscuits. It is very funny to watch him though. I used the Creative Scrappers sketch#103 for my layout but as usual I think I deviated slightly.

Congratulations Adina from Design Dollies she had a gorgeous little boy this week and all is well even though he was born premi, Nate was premi also, he was 4wks and 3 days early.

Aunty Jan came down last night and we scrapped and talked and Uncle Col gave Nate a long piece of pine wood and put several types of nails and screws in it, I bought him a set of screwdrivers and he takes the screws in and out and is really quite good, we joke he is going to be a carpenter, so we had fun watching him and yelling yay everytime he gets a screw out also. And another big yay, he went his first night with no nappy on, we have been great during the day for ages but nights not so good. Jan and I didn't get to bed until 12.45am, we just talked and created, it was awesome. Pretty slow today, just pottered around, usual housework and washing. Might not scrap tonight, maybe Masterchef and then read in bed. Time to now go and check what you have all been up to. Love Melxx

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute page!!!

Sounds like Nate is doing great! way to go!

Have a great night!

amanda73 said...

love that LO, too cute...ps ive been trying to ring you
and not long now til you come down again, connor keeps asking for 'gate' to come down and play lol

connor was premmie too 3 and half weeks early....ethan my 12 yr old was 6 weeks early and only weighed 4lb 15oz...that was small considering my 1st 3 were over 8lb

Samantha Hauzer said...

I love your cute layout, and YAY for Nate's first night without a nappy! It's so nice when they are finally out of those things, lol :)

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like a great time and the story behind the LO is adorable!!! He is such a cutie!!!

So glad that soccer is going well....Evan loves it and Gavin started this past winter!!! I must admit..MeMe loves it tooooo!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love that page, those doilies are just 2 cute! :D

T.W said...

Such a cute and colorful LO!
Love those Sassafras stickers in the center of the doilies!

Cathy said...

So cute Mel, love the doilies:)

Michelle H. said...

OMG!! Love this gorgeous LO!!
Love all the circles and flowers so creative!!
Thank you for your sweet comments!
So far relaxing but sometimes on the go while on our trip!
Hoping will have connection later to update the blog about the trip.

Michelle H. said...

Its me again I accidently hit send before I closed on the last post here on your blog!
I do not like using dh laptop!!
Glad you both had a wonderful weekend and scrappy time with jan!!
Hope you both have a fabulous week!!
Love and Hugs sweet friend!!

Petrina McDonald said...

what a great idea with the wood and screws! so much better than those totally useless plastic ones. have a great week! p

Caroline said...

hey girl, you are very welcome for the voucher. This was my first Studio Calico kit, how awesome are they? plus how awesome is the postage, last month igot 4 new punches plus heaps of other stuff all for $16 so cool

Laughing at the dog copying with Lucy the now she is a cat lol, down onall fours round supermarkets lol, too funny.

great layout also,love all the colours and the circles, great job
caz x

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is fabulous, Mel!

Marelize said...

How cute is that photo! Lovely layout Mel. The doilies are awesome. :)
Take care.
xox

Angela said...

love crochet flowers!! gorgeous LO
Ps I have an award for you on my blog xxxx

Julia Sáddi said...

Hi Mel!!! Love this Layout, my friend!!! xox Julia Sáddi

Michelle H. said...

Hi, Mel!
Hope you and Nate are doing well!
Wishing you both a blessed day!!
This is a quick post having connection issues!
Love & hugs to you both!!

Cecelia said...

Super cute LO's Mel;0) So I started from the top and was reading all your posts and I would have to say that I am a team edward fan as well;0) I have read all the books. Have you read them? They are much better than the movies.
You had mentioned that you get the silhouettes in the states. Were do you order them from because I live in California?
I look forward to visiting you often for some inspiration;0)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

well done Nate on no nappies at night! Jai is still wearing nappies to bed and he's almost 4!!! I don't know what to do about it, I guess in time he'll just be able to hold it overnight (no problems during the day of course).