Thursday, May 20, 2010

Creative Scrappers sketch #104



Hi everyone, the above layout is for the sketch challenge at Creative Scrappers #104.
This is Nate reading to Puppy, pig (guinea pig) and Merr (lamby). Isn't he so cute, I just love him at this age, he is so funny the questions he asks. I used the papers from the last month's kit from Noel Mignon, and added some prima bling and 2 other hambly transparency bits and the gorgeous cut outs are from Sei.

I had the most frightening thing happen last night, at 9pm my bank phoned me and told me their was an unusual transaction withdrawal from my credit card, I felt sick, $1065.00 using Western Union. Of course I hadn't withdrawn this, but they were so good they stopped my account immediately as this isn't something that has ever occurred in my account. I have today filled out paper work, spoke to the police and I am not worried at all but wow how scary these things can happen, I did a very silly thing, I got an email from PayPal yesterday saying that my credit card had been cancelled and I had to fill out the details again, I swear everything looked so legitimate, but it wasn't. I have learned a valuable lesson and now have a new card coming and fortunately the fraudulent activity transacted from Ireland so my bank was super quick to pick up on it, anyway I feel super better tonight and my bad headache has dissapated, just proving I have been super stressed since hearing this.

Nate is fine, has a bit of a cough but is totally running a muck, and thank you so much for your shrek replies, I had no idea he was so popular. I also got a phone call this morning and Big W, gee they have been wonderful with customer service, and they said that they have the Shrek box set for me and are getting it sent to the store for me. Nate is one lucky little boy. Whilst I was there I couldn't resist buying a talking buzz and dress up buzz suit for him for Christmas. I know this sounds super early, but this is just what I do, usually I have all my Christmas presents by July.

If anyone can tell me how many weeks to Christmas, I think we will all be surprised. I am doing some scrapping tonight, need my daily dose of creativity. So hope their is something good on tv. By the way Tanya, I still haven't seen New Moon, but I will soon. Gee life seems so busy, always so much to do. Hope I am not the only one to feel this way. Going to do some blogging tonight and tomorrow morning so I can catch up on your latest news, which has become something I look so forward to in my daily routine. Love to you all Melissaxx

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW, Its a good thing they stopped this transaction in time! What a stress!!!

I LOVE this page, so awesome, the soft baby colours rock, love everything here!

I think its good to get in early for christmas, cos theres always a mad rush and I think often you can just get caught up too!

Have Fun!

Liz Weber said...

Hi Mel! So glad the bank was on the ball and you didn't lose any money - far out that is scary indeed!

Glad Nate is ok, that layout is super cute, how sweet reading to his toys like that. Love the kit and extra's you used.

Sounds like Nate will have a fantastic christmas and good on you for being so organised.

Have a great weekend Mel and Nate!

glorygirl said...

I looooove how you used pink on your BOY's layout! You proved it can be done! AWESOME!

So glad you caught the credit card fraud right away. So sad that we always have to be leary anymore.

T.W said...

This is so cool, with the bling, the transparencies and those white/pink cut-out flowers! Such a lovely LO!

Creepy thing with the bank account... Glad it got fixed quite quickly anyways!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, you can't be too careful with all this Internet fraud, Mel ... guess we ALL learned a valuable lesson today. So glad you're not stuck for the money ... you're bank is wonderful!

LOVE this darlin' LO and the fab photo of Nate ... that kid is cute as the dickens!

Did you notice you used "Melissa" today instead of "Mel?" Does that have any deep meaning, lolol?!?

Have a great weekend, Sweetie!!

duntonsonadonder said...

Love your layout, epecailly the colour combo, flower embellishments and bling.

Jocelyn said...

Love the LO....super cute!!!

Oh I had the very same message from Paypal and I was just about to complete the information and something felt wrong...I contacted Paypal and they told me they did not send anything out!!

I had identity fraud happen one other time and it is a nightmare..

I am so glad that you got it fixed!!!

Wishing you a great day and no I will not count the day until Christmas....AHHHHHH!!!!

amanda73 said...

OMG, what an awful thing to happen, but glad it was fixed super quick for you....... nate sure is one lucky boy, hope he has fun with what you got him... i usually am on top of christmas early too, but this year i havent even started

Marelize said...

Wow, that's scary Mel. I'm glad to hear that the bank was so quick to pick up on it.
Your layout looks great and how cute is that photo.
Have a wonderful weekend!
xoxox

Belinda said...

Gorgeous LO Mel! So glad your bank was on the ball!

Suzanne said...

Such a beautiful page,love that your little one enjoys books so much too.

The money thing must have been scary, glad to hear that your bank helped you out there.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous LO Mel! The colours are just beautiful! The blue and the pink together so lovely! Oh and so glad you got your banking sorted ... what a nasty scare!! Take care and have a good weekend!! W x

KarenB said...

Gosh that's scary Mel, glad your bank is on the ball. I had a similar thing happen a few years ago - I went to use my card and it was declined, so I called the bank and they said they had cancelled it that morning because there were some dodgy transactions which flagged their security triggers. Turned out I hadn't done anything wrong, but some dodgy company overseas processed an 18c transaction, then a $1.40, then a $76 transaction, then a huge $16,000+ transaction (as IF!!) all in the space of two days. None went through and it turns out my name+card number+exp date was found by hacking another company's records. You just never know who can get hold of your details.

Loving that adorable LO too :)

Angela said...

wow how lucky your bank were on the ball! omg! it happens so easily! I cannot believe you are ready for xmas in July! i am usually finishing 24th Dec! lol
gorgeous LO too!

Julie said...

Oh so glad that your bank picked up on the dodgy withdrawl.

Great page too.

Cathy said...

gorgeous page, love all the handcutting and those colours!!

Gladie said...

Wonderful page, love the mesh and everything else about it! :))) Glad to hear your bank had such fast response - and thanks for describing the paypal fraud - I'm glad Gmail has a "Safe-dign" on all legitimate emails coming form Paypal, those not marked goes right to the spam folder... But the scams get just more and more clever these days, one can never be to careful. So glad your bank reacted so fast and that you didn't loose any money!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

oh Mel, I know how you feel because this happened to me about a year and a half ago. We had two very large withdrawals taken from our account. It was just before our world trip and it was all our spending money!!! Well, thankfully the bank recovered the money but it scared the living crap out of me! I don't use internet banking anymore because of it. I have had a couple of strange emails lately too from paypal and itunes as well, I just ignore them (and delete them of course). Some people have too much time on their hands I think!