Monday, May 10, 2010

Design Dollies Sketch Challenge


Good morning everyone, we didn't have the best night last night here, Nate had a slight blocked nose and it must be so scary when he goes to breathe through it and it is blocked, so he was cuddly/whingy/restless all night. I love to see his face when we go to mini soccer but it is so cold down there on the open field and doesn't start until 5.45pm and dark now, and he won't wear a jumper because whilst he is running he gets hot but it's when he is still and the cold catches up with him that I worry about, a lot of mum's are in the same boat and I have seen dwindling numbers because of children's colds, guess I am lucky at this stage it is just a blocked nose so far. So a quiet day for us today, this mum is going to do some housework including washing (I hate this part) and then at quiet time after lunch, going to endeavour to scrap a bit.

The above layout is from the DT sketch challenge at Design Dollies last month, this is Aunty Jan and me, and I enjoyed this layout because I could use flowers, but I must tell you it is a bit girly for me. A short post today, hope you are all recovering from a wonderful Mother's Day. Love to you all. Melxx

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Mothers Day Mel.
I hope nate feels better soon.
Deb
x

Gorgeous page as always...love the girlie look.

Marelize said...

Sorry to hear your little man is not so well Mel. Hope he recovers soon and that you get more sleep tonight! Happe Mothers Day to you too! xxx

Anonymous said...

I love that page! I loves the girly stuff so this is perfect to me!

Hope Nate feels better soon, I hate a blocked nose now, so I can only imagine how annoyed he'd be at his age!

Sarah Lou said...

Girly is lovely! I never get to do girly! LOl
Poor Nate - we are dealing with this now. I hate listening to their lil bodies trying to breathe esp. at night. And then their hot little hot water bottles clinging to you and wont let you put them down ever for 5 secs to go to the loo!!!

Both of you snuggle up and stay warm!!!

Rita Barakat said...

Poor Nate and poor mama! Hope your Mothers Day was wonderful in spite of a sick kiddo! That lo may be femine but it sure is lovely

amanda73 said...

gorgeous, love that LO, and hope nates cold gets better, connor wont wear a jumper either..... not long now til you come down, yay

Angela said...

hi ya Mel! hope the little fella feels better soon! Hope you had a beautiful mother's day too!

Caroline said...

Beautiful layout . Im the samewith Lucy she has a cough but still insists on going to swimming lessons. it was the same last winter :)

Michelle H. said...

Mel, sure hope Nate feels better soon and that you both were able to get a good night sleep tonight!!
I never sleep well when dd is ill I always set my alarm evey hour and check up on her.
I think this LO is gorgeous!!
Love the flower and the angel wings so sweet!!
Hope you have a blessed Tuesday!!
Love and prayers sweet Friend!!

KarenB said...

Hope you had a nice Mother's Day :D
The girly style suits you... you should do it more often :)

Wati Basri said...

happy belated mother's day sweetie!
hope nate is ok by now...and love that layout..that angels wings superbly cute :)

Deb Neerman said...

WoW! LOVE, love, love this layout, Mel!

Soooo sorry to hear that Nate isn't feeling all that great ... hope his l'il nose clears up soon.

Umm, btw, what's a "jumper?" Here in the States it's a pull-over dress but I'm sure it's something quite different in Oz.

Hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day!!

Sending hugs!

Stacy Cohen said...

I love your girly page! The flowers and wings are so pretty!!

Ann-Marie said...

Love how girly it is! I think is it's lovely. Sorry to read Nate is a little unwell, hope he gets better soon.

Michelle H. said...

Thinking of you, Mel!!
Hope Nate is feeling better! Happy Wednesday!
Prayers and hugs to you both!!

Sheree said...

What a gorgeous layout Mel! Hope you had the most wonderful Mother's Day!

Sheree xx

glorygirl said...

Beautiful layout! I especially love the flowers, the bird and the gorgeous paper. So lovely!

Nishant said...

I hope nate feels better soon.
post free classifieds