Sunday, August 8, 2010

A2Z Scraplets sketch challenge, My Rockstar Hero

Morning dear friends, thank you all for your well wishes, all better now, I can tell you though, I have never been sick like I have since having dear Nate. Not that I am blaming him, perhaps it is just a co-incidence?????

This was my July entry for A2Z scraplets, I tried my hand at cutting out the frame of Nate and was happy with the end results. The misting is Denim Blue Glimmer mist and I just love mists and of course a doodled frame with liquid paper in the middle of it for the edge. Just love colouring I think.

This layout is a just for me layout, Nate has always been into loud noisy music and singing since he was 1, so I thought I would use the gorgeous papers & embellishments I bought from Purple Pumpkin, I wish I had all black and white photos or even the 2008 photo in black and white, but I don't have a printer and you know when you just want to do a layout and can't wait to get to the photo lab. I just love the Fancy Pants papers here, they are just so suited to Nate and his antics.

It is a glorious day here today, a little crisp but fresh and sunny, Nate is still happy to be upstairs at the present and is watching one of his fave movies, "Racing Stripes" so I have finished all the housework, will put out the washing and then I am going to sneak in some scrapping, then will visit you all later this arvo. Love to you all and your dear families. Love Mel and Natexxx

Ps. If you are lost for some mojo come and join us at My2angels for some wonderful challenges and prizes with a sketch challenge, and layout relay.

23 comments:

Belinda said...

LOVE the rockstar LO! the colours and photos are gorgeous!!! Glad you are feeling better! Enjoy your scrappy time this arvo!

glorygirl said...

Two fabulous layouts, my friend! Love how you used photos from over the years on the rockstar layout and I love the dreamy feel to the umbrella layout. So lovely!

Michelle H. said...

Very Gorgeous LO's!!
That rain LO is so unique love the rain drops, and how you added the glimmer mist to look like water splased on the paper!!
Love it!!
The rock star LO is so gorgeous and adorbale pictures!!
Love all your layering of the embellishments!!
So glad you are feeling better and having some fun scrappy time!!
Love to you both!!

Anonymous said...

two awesome pages Mel!!!

Loving the mists! and funky embellishments!!!

amanda73 said...

love that rock star layout. and the other one too...just gorgeous layouts
glad you are on the mend...nothing like being sick and having to look after a toddler at the same time

Lynnda said...

wow wow Mel... you're on a roll!!!...Love both of you LOs... they are fabulous.... love how you mist them.... and the colors used...of course.... embellishments used... you rock girlfriend...!!...

Yes I don't mind join the relay and be in your team.... send me more details... today im totally busy... ..but will check out tomorrow....see you soon...xoxo

Cathy said...

WOW Mel your Raindrops LO is fantastic... love the raindrops, misting and the cut photo... love it all!!! and also your Rockstar LO rocks... those pics are so adorable. Thanks so much for the gorgeous comments on my blog... you're such a sweetheart!! Sorry to hear you weren't well. I'm glad you're on the mend. hugs

scrappermimi said...

I am so loving you inking here, it looks brilliant!

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute layouts!!!

Jocelyn said...

Love these...they are just perfect!!!!

Oh what I would give for a cool morning!!!! The temps here are still raging....so I suggest I pack my bags and head your way!!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!! Thanks for all the wonderful comments that you leave for me....and I had my top on again yesterday as I was attempting to water the lawn...but the sun was so strong it was burning my skin!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

T.W said...

You cut him out perfectly, such patience and precision! Amazing work on both layouts!
Glad to hear you're getting better, hope you'll have a great week!

Angela said...

Oh mel! Sorry to hear you have been sick!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!! Hasn't diminished your scrapping ability!! Both your lo's are STUNNING! I especially love the raindrops one( going to lift that for sure !!) (hugs my friend) xx

Julie said...

these look fabbo mel love the rockstar page.

One Paper Heart said...

Nice to hear you are better Mel, just love the Rock Star and the photos look great mixed, Nate is growing up so fast.

Liz Weber said...

Hi Mel, LOVE your Raindrops layout, so glad you could play along with us at A2Z. Nate looks adorable with that umbrella.

LOVE the RockStar layout - it's one of those ones you can show at his 21st hehe!

Hope you guys are feeling good this week! Take care Mel and Nate!

Melissa said...

love both of the LO's! love all the starts and layerings on the rockstar LO. the raindrops LO is beautiful as well love the cut out photo! thanks for sharing and also thank you for always stopping by my blog i really appreciate it :)

Cindy Lee said...

These are awesome!! I have the tickets from MME too...can't wait to use it on my card :)

Anonymous said...

oh wow, i love your hero rock star page, what pp's is that??

Leanne said...

wow! Love the detail in your work! awesome lo's!!

Anne P said...

lovely LO, great purple pumpkin elements.

CynAbu said...

Isn't it just music to your ears? At least for the first few minutes ;)

Unknown said...

Love the layouts, the papers and colors are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!