Friday, August 6, 2010

My2angels Birthday relay

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TRACY AT MY2ANGELS,  and she has asked me to be a Guest Design Team member for the month, wow what an honour, she has the most amazing DT , Tracey Hunter, Taryn Stark, and good friends Corrina Mantegna and Wendy Turner, wow to work with them all is just a fantastic but humbling experience.

She has some great competitions this month, one being a "scrapping relay" which sounds like heaps of fun, please join me in this great contest which might I add has awesome prizes.

Please come and join me to enter the scrapping relay, we'll scrap up a storm.

Teams of 5 will be picked from the entrants - register by leaving a comment HERE

(if there is a day YOU CAN NOT participate in please let Tracy know when you register)

Everyone will be advised ahead of time what day they are scheduled to complete their layout on Sunday morning
Sunday night, 8th August, at midnight I will upload the first criteria eg cupcakes on a layout or could it be a banner or perhaps presents on your layout! You will have to wait and see at midnight on your day of allocation.

The member from each team who are allocated Monday will be required to complete a birthday layout with the criteria incorporated on it.

And then every midnight after that for 4 more nights a new criteria for the team member chosen for that day will be uploaded (ending Friday)

They are to be Birthday layouts and to be completed within a 24 hour period, uploaded to your blog & our gallery BEFORE midnight and a comment left on the my2angels blog so we know you have completed the task

so what do YOU win ...

Prizes are awarded to:

Team prize of $15 voucher EACH to spend at my2angels – criteria is the more products used on their layout that are sold at my2angels and the best description of their layout with links to the my2angels website from your blog

Individual Prize of a $15 my2angels voucher is awarded to the most unique way of incorporating the criteria into their layout and links from your blogs to the my2angels website

And a random prize drawn, of a $15 my2angels store voucher, for one lucky entrant (this is drawn between the teams that did not win the team prize)

It is not who is the fastest, (we don’t want you wasting your products to make something quick and easy that you may not want in your albums) but it's fun in participating, following the criteria and uniqueness of the entries.

LOL but in saying that they must be uploaded before midnight

Come on ... register and join us in the challenge ...

The sketch challenge this month:

Create a BIRTHDAY layout using BOTH of the following 2 criterias:
majority of products available from my2angels and use Wendy's Sketch: I love this sketch and below is my example.



















I thought is was a good idea to start doing some I wish layouts for when Nate gets older enough to buy his mum some presents for Mum's day  and birthdays etc, I took advantage of Wendy's sketch to start, I coloured the background paper to add some colour and the perfumes's are my very faves' from Guerlain but running very low, may be time to send Nate out to work........

PRODUCTS USED

Collage Press side B patterned paper
Brown Co-ordinations
Marvy felt pens to colour background
prima paper is the torquoise and white polka dot, and prima paper for the roses cut outs
the Pink paper under the prima is Crate
the pink heart is from an embellishment swap
butterflies are Jenny Bowlin stickers
the little black letters are Carolee Creations
yellow letters are Thickers
Ink is pinecone (all of these great products are available at My2Angels)
 
I have been sick the last 2 days but can feel my scrapping mojo creeping back this arvo, my love to you all dear friends. Melxxxx

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sweet words, I appreaciate it!!!

Love this great layout, very cool challenge too!

Have fun! and Take Care!

Michelle H. said...

Gorgeous LO!!
Love what you did with the heart and the title!!
Hope you are feeling better!!
I wasnt feeling well today and lost my mojo too!
I hope I can scrap on Friday night?!
This challenge sounds so fun and Im booked this month with my GDT!!
Big congrats to you on your GDT!!
Let me know if I can join in on a challenge with you in Sept.
I really wish I could this month I'm so over whelmed!
Love & hugs to you both!!

Lynnda said...

hey Mel.... I've been wondering where were.... you ...Oh poor thing.... keep warm and hope you'll get better soon(plenty of rest too)...

thanks for the sweet comments... always look forward to see you coming over... he he...

I like your LO... Its really gorgeous ....

Interesting challenges...should I?...

Oh yes CONGRATS... on the GDT... have a good weekends... send my hugs to Nate....xoxo

Wendy said...

Firstly hope you are feeling better soon! Winter is so yucky isn't it!! Great to have you on the team this month ... and great take on my sketch! Looking forward to you joining us in all the fun Tracy has planned for us this month! Hope you have a lovely weekend Love W x

Jessica G. said...

Glad you are feeling better, Mel!

Great spin on this fun sketch; beautiful embellishments and awesome birthday idea! I'm always at a loss when someone asks me for my wish list -- it helps to plan ahead!!

glorygirl said...

Beautiful layout, Mel! So lovely!!!! I'll check out the site and see if I can join the relay. Sounds fun!

Samantha Hauzer said...

Great layout Mel, and congrats on being GDT! That scrapping relay sounds like fun, might have to give that a go. Hope you and Nate have a fabulous weekend :)

Liz Weber said...

Hi Mel CONGRATS on the Guest DT how exciting is that!!!!

Your layout is wonderful, I so love the I wish theme you have created.

Have a fantastic time at My2Angels!

Hope you and Nate have a fab weekend!

Michelle H. said...

Hope you are feeling better!!
Praying that you and Nate have wonderful weekend!!
Much love to you both!!

Belinda said...

Congrats on the GDT Mel!! great idea with the LO, great take on the sketch!!