Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Minds Eye sketch layout


Morning everyone, what a glorious Tuesday morning here today, but I still have my little sick boy, I took him to the doctor yesterday and he has a little chest and nose infection so is on antibiotics, (what a drama getting them into him). Thank you for all the well wishes, he is doing fine.

I went to Scrap Monday at Amanda Taylor's yesterday and finished the above layout for the My mind's eye challenge this month, I enjoyed the sketch and substituted the middle photo with one of their journalling spots. The criteria is to follow the sketch and use 80% at least of MME products, the gorgeous free kit from The Nook was full of So Sophie papers from MME, so very handy for the challenges.

I will be checking out all your beautiful blogs over the next couple of days, loving the great inspiration you all give to me, and now it is time to do some housework and put on "Tooth Fairy" for the 16th time for my little man to watch. After this, some scrap time for sure. Love Melxx

25 comments:

Michelle H. said...

OMG!! We watched the toothfairy a couple weeks ago it was hilarious!!
Stunning sketch LO you rocked this challenge!!
Love everything about it!!
The pictures are so adorable!!
So glad Nate is feeling better!!
Much love you both!!

One Paper Heart said...

Love this LO Mel, and Nate looks so grown up in his vest, all the little ones seem to have coughs and sneezes at the moment hope Nate is a 100% soon.

One Paper Heart said...

Love this LO Mel, and Nate looks so grown up in his vest, all the little ones seem to have coughs and sneezes at the moment hope Nate is a 100% soon.

One Paper Heart said...

Love this LO Mel, and Nate looks so grown up in his vest, all the little ones seem to have coughs and sneezes at the moment hope Nate is a 100% soon.

Binxcat1 said...

Hey there, LOVE your latest LOs... very nice...mmmmmmmmmmmm.... but I think they might be missing something... what could it be??? Oh yes, I reckon your next few LOs would look even better with a little Twiddling going on! ;);) I have some HAPPY TWIDDLEY MAIL here with your name on it... now it just needs your address... email me chick!

Binxcat1 said...

oh and hope your liitle man is feeling better soon... I am so over snot and sick kids too! Anyway, hope the TBZ makes you smile... abcdcox@e-wire.net.au or facebook Anne-Marie Cox

Julie said...

how cute is your little lifesaver

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear Nate's still sick!

awesome page! love the papers, they rock!

Jules the Bling Princess said...

Hi Mel. Hope Nate is feeling better. I LOVE the Tooth Fairy - for one very obvious reason. (-: I could happily watch that movie over and over again (yes, I know I'm a sad case!!!). In regards to the PL book, I think you can only order it directly from Anna at Pencil Lines. I haven't heard of anyone selling it over here (unless you try ebay). Thanks for dropping by! xxx Jules.

Jocelyn said...

Poor Nate..hope he is feeling better soon!!!

Love that LO...it is PERFECT!!!!!

The tooth fairy was cute...we watched it several weeks ago!!!

Wishing you a great day sweet friend!!!

glorygirl said...

Hope Nate will be feeling better soon!!!! Love your layout. So awesome! Hope you get to do a little scrapping while he's lounging watching movies!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

Hope it's all well @ home Mel ! LOVE your new blog background ! :)
xo

Roxy said...

I really love the way this is laid out with the circle and the photos going down the middle. I'll have to check out this sketch! Glad to hear Nate's feeling OK!

Lynnda said...

Oh poor little Nate... I'm glad hes getting better...

MME are great things to play with.. I love the the journal you did in the middle...stands out!!!...As usual Nate photos are something to see definitely hes cute!!

happy scrapping... see u soon...xx

Jessica G. said...

My Mind's Eye creates gorgeous DP and this layout is perfect for showcasing them, not to mention those adorable sailor photos!

Glad that you received your HM images -- hope you enjoy coloring them!

amanda73 said...

love everything about this stunning layout mel, loved watching you create it
hope nate is feeling better soon

Susanne Perry said...

Your latest L/Os are all so eye catching Mel, hope Nate's on the mend too. Bring on summer & the end of cols & flus for a while.

Moonie said...

Hi ya Mel... been soo busy lately ... just so hard to keep up with all the demands in my life.. all self inflicted tho I guess..
This is a gorgeous Layout.. our boys will be so wrapped in years to come to show their children all the passion we put into preserving the awesome snap shots of them of their everyday life.
How is Nate today? I cant even get lip balm on Coreys cracked lips.. lol. he has to do it when HE is ready lol xxx

Samantha Hauzer said...

Poor Nate, I hope he feels better soon. I hope you can get those antibiotics into him. And I love your layout Mel, such cute photos of your little guy :)

LG said...

oh I love your interpretation to the sketch! Love all the fuzzy cutting and layering! GORGEOUS WORK!

Natalie said...

Hey Mel, sorry to hear Nate isn't well. We have had about 3 weeks of illness in this house and I haven't been online much! Hope the antibiotics are doing the trick. Gorgeous page...such a little cutie!! Hugs.

Michelle H. said...

Hey, Mel!
Thanks for the sweet email!!
I will write you on Thursday!!
Hoping you and Nate have a joyous and Blessed day!!
Lots of love & hugs to you both!!

KarenB said...

Oh, I love this Mel!! How cute does Nate look :) I'll be showing this one to Jazi, she is still talking about our visit xx

Jessy Christopher said...

Oh no! Hope ur lil man will be well soon. It's not a pleasant experience to see kids getting sick. Pray that he will be well soon! I love ur layout, it is always a delight to see him on ur layouts!!

Debbie said...

Saw your great layouts featured over at the Purple Pumpkin!