Hi Everyone, I hope your weekends were all wonderful, I was without computer and had my trusty Computer man Vince out to fix it today, $200 and by 4pm she was up and running. Expensive little suckers these computers. The above layout is one I made for my Guest Design Team position at My2Angels this month. Every item here is from her wonderful site. The instructions are below and all the products are available from the shop at My2Angels
I used a template to trace around some co-ordinations cardstock then inked it then gave it a spray with glimmermist, I placed some old letters on some cardstock and traced around them and then cut them out individually, I glued them on to some acetate (so I could raise them off the page). I matte my photo with Kaiser paper side 2 and then made strips using both sides of this paper under the photo, above and below these strips I added some old music paper. The journalling is using a circle of the pp and a gorgeous October Afternoon label sticker the red underneath is a huge daisy flower with the ends of its petals cut. and the circle saying reserved is a cut out from Collage Press Knave of Hearts paper and a small mulberry flower again with some ends cut off. Lastly I stamped a little party hat (unknown brand) and added it to the a in the title.
The layout below is again for my Guest appearance this month and the stamp I used and all the ingredients are:
Started with some co-ordinations cardstock and doodled around the outside with a zig pen then cut off the scollop of the Crate paper Prudence paper and glued it over the top of some Kaiser paper and made my own die cut paper, using the opposite side of the Kaiser paper, I made a piece with a hand doodled bottom edge coming out from under the photo and over the top I placed a strip of Pink Paislee Artisian tape and added some diamontes on the tape and bling to form a photo corner. I stamped a flower onto the left over patterned paper and some white mesh fabric, cut them out, placed a rhinestone in their middles. The journalling spot is cut out of this gorgeous Pink Paislee journal card and the little letters are Carolee Creations and the numbers are cut out of Collage Press patterned paper, everything is inked with pinecone ink.
Okay, it's time to draw the winners of the My2Angels Blog Hop Raks, and we have drawn the winner of the major Prize RAK is LYNNDA HOSNI super congratulations my girl.
ANN MAREE, KELLY MASSMAN, ROXY AND DEBBIE super congratulations everyone, thank you so much for participating. I was blown away by the 49 entries. Please email me at mel_o68@hotmail.com and give me your address and I will post out first thing Tuesday morning.
I am off to Amanda's tomorrow for Scrap Monday, (cannot believe it is a fortnight already) so I will catch up with you all during the week. Love Melxx




30 comments:
Gorgeous layouts Mel, and congrats on your GDT spot at my2angels - great products there!!
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. That Nestabilities Die is called Blossom (they also make one called Blossom Two). The 'secret' to my flowers is to cut them up, scrunch and lightly sand them, then ink up and layer them up. With that particular border punch (a Fiskars one I bought at a garage sale and have never been able to find the name of it!!!!), I didn't do anything particularly special - it just worked that way (unlike Threading Water where you need to line it up). However, I do notice a couple of flowers placed over the other corners, so maybe they were little disasters!!
Thanks again for dropping in. I'll be following your blog too.
those 2 layouts are super gorgeous mel,love them both
congrats girls, enjoy your rak's...
and cant wait til tomorrow mel, i too cant believe its been a fortnight
Just love the way your title pops on the first layout Mel.
Awesome layouts and a big RAK congrats to you girls! :D
Love these LO's Mel.....so much detail work......makes them awesome!!!!
Enjoy your crop time....I wish I could find some time to sit down and create...
Check my Blog on Monday...I left you an award!!!
Have a great one!!!
OH WOW!! What a neat suprise when I came here, thank you so much!
Two awesome layouts Mel, and so well deserved on the DT front!
I was surprised to see my name here! Thanks and I emailed my address!
I love the Eggstravaganza layout!! The shape and colors are great!
The other one is really cute, too! Love the way you did the flowers!
:-)
Love the eggstravaganza layout! Especially the title letters! So great! Fun picture, too!
Congrats on your DT spot!!!! Love all the details and that you share them with us! Have fun at your crop, can't wait to see what you create! I'm also doing the happy dance cause I won one of your raks!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll email you my info.....
Thanks for your sweet comments on my happy layout Mel. That layout took me about an hour and I used papers and embellies(not trim or alphas) from a kit from Sissey I was lucky enough to win a few weeks ago.
lol about the scrapnapped word. Can I scrapnap Nate.
Julie
xx
lol mel glad i made your day. email me over a photo.
jacsplace2@iinet.net.au
Congrats on your GDT!! Love what you have done with the core'dinations and the title work on your first layout is just gorgeous!! I just realised after reading Sandra's comment that I kept forgetting to tell you about that nestabilities flower die. So sorry!!! Yep it's called Blossom, but there is also another one called Blossom Two but you will know when you see it that Blossom Two is completely different shape. Just google "Spellbinders Nestabilities Blossom" and you should be able to see stores in Australia where you can buy it from. It retails for around $30. A great investment - I use mine all the time (as you would probably know) LOL..
Congrats on your GDT spot Mel! Your layouts are both awesome. Just love that photo of you and your little man. So adorable. Have a great week. :)
xox
gorgeous Mel...love the colours on both of the layouts!
Congrats to the winners!!
Mel, your LO's are gorgeous!!
I love how you creaed the one with the flowers!!
Love how you cluster the flowers and what a precious picture of Nate hugging you!!
Don't you just cherish those moments!!
When dd holds my hand I tell her how much I love these moments she gets embarrassed but tells me later she loves me!
Love the title and misting on the 1st one!!
You rock the misting !!
Glad you getting some scrappy time with yur friend I wish I had a scrapping friend near by!
Enjoy you week!!
Love to you both!!
Speechless.... :imagine my face!!!:
Oh MEL... Congrats on the GDT... of you coz you're the lady!!!...
Those 2 LOs.. 2 words... Gorgeously Beautiful!!!...
I love the misting ... I love the pictures(PRICELESS)... I love how you did flowers... and the color... AWESOME.... Just about everything on both LOs... love to bits...xx
Both layout are equally gorgeous! You've done a great job! Congrats to the gals especially Lynda!! Woot woot!
Such such pretty layouts!! Love the one you and little man the most!! Congrats on your GD stint, you deserve it!!
Wow, sweet layouts! Those flowers stamped on mesh look so unique and cool!
Hope you had a great start of the week, even though computer crashes aren't any great at all... ^^;;
Take care~
Great layouts thanks for sharing!!!
WOW WOW WOW...both gorgeous pages Mel!!! Hugs.
2 very gorgeous LO's Mel!!!
Hi Mel, I came here to thank you for your wonderful comments, I so appreciate it! You have a lovely blog and some awesome work to show, so I signed up as a follower. You'll be seeing a lot more of me!
xxx Peggy
Wonderful layouts, Mel! Love those paper strips in the first -- what an awesome way to use up scraps or in my case, use a sample of all the DPs I've been hoarding!
And the photo in the second layout is so incredibly sweet; the flowers are a beautiful accent for a beautiful moment!!
Great title on first lo Mel, and love your tulle flowers too, both gorgeous. Congratulations on the DT spot.
Mel these are gorgeous! I have to say the one with you and lil is breathtaking! Love it!!!
Thanks Mel for your encouraging words!!
Hope you and Nate are having a fabulous weekend!!
I'm off to send you an email!!
Love & hugs to you and Nate!!
wow your layouts are beautiful! oh
your little man, he is sooo cute;)
Hi Mel, loving the fun layouts. Just love how you capture your life with your handsome little man.
Hey I have an email link at the top of my blog - send me an email so we can discuss about the blossom dies!
Hope you guys are having a great week!
OOh I love that photo of you and Nate! simply gorgeous!
Post a Comment