Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just for me layout




Hi all, I have been really slack this week, at nights I have been sitting down and cutting out from my papers instead of actually putting them together as a layout, this has been really nice, but today was Scrapping Wednesday and that means Aunty Jan comes down (well 8 houses actually) and we scrap all day - in between playing with Nate. I placed all my embellies on the page but never got to stick it down so that is a tomorrow job.

A friend Tanya Tahir is having a great candy give away, (the picture is at the bottom of my post) I just love these gorgeous papers and she is giving away the whole matching set. Very generous hey. If you would like to be in with a chance just click on her name and it will take you right to her blog, a couple of posts down and your there, while you're their check out her amazing gorgeous work. (I am definately a fan)

I have to let you all know something funny that Nate said today, well this afternoon we were out playing with the dogs and he had his hand over his shoulder blade and was scratching, I said "what's up" and he said "I have an itchy crack" well Jan and I just cracked up, firstly that he actually said that and then wondering where on earth he has picked this up from, the only thing I can think of is he watches the Simpsons sometimes at tea time. I knew there was a reason why I said I would never let him watch it. Was super funny though.

I received the most beautiful award from Ange too, she said some humbling things about me and I just wanted to let you know that it meant the world to me Ange. You made my day my friend.

The layout is using the gorgeous Lillibee, Jillibean Soup and Pink Paislee papers, these all came in the Noel Mignon Kit I get each month from the States. This layout is about Nate always saying "Come Col" whether it be at home or when we are on one of our trips away. And Col being the kind, generous "grandfather" figure he is always does what Nate wants. He is one lucky little boy to have Jan and Col in his life. I hope you like the layout. Will visit all your blogs over the next 24 hours, hope you are all well and happily scrapping up a storm. Love Melxx


15 comments:

Marelize said...

That's a wonderful (and sweet)layout Mel! Glad you could scrap just for you for a change.
Lol, that 'Itchy crack' saying is going to stick with me. SO funny!
Can't wait to see what you've scrapped today. :)

amanda73 said...

love that LO and lol at nate..... i did a just for me LO too.... cant wiat til monday when you come down again

Jessica G. said...

Fun photo, perfectly spotlighted in this fun layout! The colors are so happy and remind me of a sunny day, especially with all the gorgeous flowers!!

Kids say some hilarious things, don't they? And I'm often glad that what's said isn't out in public ;) !

Anonymous said...

a really beautiful layout!!!

LOL Kids say the darndest things ;)

Jocelyn said...

Oh what a funny thing to say!!!! I just adore this LO....such wonderful colors!!

Wishing you a wonderful day sweet friend!!! ENJOY!!!

Deb Neerman said...

Fabulous LO, Mel!

Love what Nate said ... kids say the darndest things, don't they?!?

Caroline said...

OMG itchy crack toooo funny lol they say the cutest things huh.Love this layout, imgoing to try lift this one, just beautiful. well im off to the docs to get allour jags for Mexico, lucy not happy poor soul. wish lucy had someone like COL but wehave no family here, also my poor pops passed away 2 years ago so she had him that long i guess

Caroline said...

hey, yes we have to get 2 injections each for going to Mexico ($700 omg for the 3 of us)just cos theres lots to catch over there and dont want Lucy to end up ill. we are going to Mecico for our best friends wedding but we are stopping at LA Disney land for 4 nights on route and having breakfast with Minnieand friends and dinner with the princesses, Lucy is going to love it, she counting down the days already lol. She screamed for the injections poor soul. Do you have another email addy i can send your voucher too?so sorry all that stuff happened to you,sucks. Yes i love Kylie so much i still remember her first appearenceon Neighbours lol so sad haha. oh and yea i have a hubby ,been together 12 years but married 2 years on June 21st nice to have it while we in Mexico so i have planned a nice meal for while we are away, will get my friends mum to have Lucy i think. going to get a few mists i think, def that one you said colour looks great. i cant wait for the new SC kit it looks great

Michelle H. said...

OMG!! Love this gorgeous LO!!
Love how you used the ribbon and the flowers are so pretty!!
Really love this LO!!
Itchy crack that is so funny!! Made me laugh!!
so glad you and Jan did some scrapping!
I'm having a withdrawal so I hope I can scrap a little on Friday night when we get back.
IKWYM dd always looking for a friend to play with especially when we go to a park!!
So sweet!
Hope you and Nate have a wonderful weekend!!
Hugs to you both sweet friend!!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous Mel! Love all the circles and the title is really cute!! I actually wrote this comment last night and then lost power before hitting submit!!! and my laptop has NO battery life nowadays!! Enjoy your weekend .. W :)

Kate said...

that is a beautiful page mel. i love it!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

I love love love this page!! Sometimes I sit down and cut out too. It's good because then when you go to scrap your page, you can just add the cut outs cos they're already done!

You are such a sweetie for all your lovely words about me!! I am a true fan of yours too. (Oh and of course you're in the draw).

OMG, I seriously laughed out loud when I read the "itchy crack" comment. Isn't it funny the things they pick up? They are like sponges, these kids of ours!!

Chloe said...

I love this LO!!

Roxy said...

This is such a beautiful layout! I love what a big circle can do for a page, and the colours are gorgeous!

KarenB said...

LOL @ Nate... just love the funny things that kids say :) Do you have a scrap journal? I put all those kinds of things in my scrap journal and flick through it when I'm looking for something different to do a LO about.

Isn't it nice to do a 'just because' LO sometimes! Love your work chickie :)