Hi everyone, well no laughing at my photo here, but this is me at my 21st birthday party, back in 1989. This is my entry for the Scrapping relay over at My2angels, this is such a fun challenge, pop over HERE to check out the birthday celebration challenges and prizes.
I have instructions on how I created this layout and the products can be found on and you can check them out.
I started with cardstock then got a chipboard piece of any description, I have used a birdcage, then sprayed over the chipboard that you place on the page with glimmermist, wait until dry. The patterned paper is from Prima, I cut out the embellishments I wanted to use ,and inked the edges of the papers, taped and glued down everything, I added some bling by way of a bling stickers and a bling buckle then in the cut out frame I cut out of the gorgeous Prima papers I added my thickers heading which in this case is 21, to go with the theme of my birthday I added a beautiful silver present charm and finally around the outside I made a doodled border , this is heaps of fun and looks lovely.
Can you notice the gorgeous silver present charm I added near the top left corner of the photo, just by placing an order with My2Angels this month you can get some of these for free.
Hope you like the layout, Melxx

17 comments:
OHHH FUN!!!!
Lovin that 80's style, woohoo!!!
great paoge, love the flowers and bling.
enjoy the new week!
Love your layout Mel! I put my name down for the relay, but I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do, lol!! I actually forgot all about it until just now, so lucky my day wasn't today, huh?
Lovely Mel.... I love the softness of this....me tomorrow so TAG!
wow. love the layout...and the 80s hairdo lol
Ooh la la Mel your layout is so gorgeous, love the masking and the flowers and the pretty bling! LOL I had a similiar hairstyle back then too. I had my 21st in '89 but no way am I scrapping the photos!
Fabulous Mel!!!... the lo is really gorgeous.... wooohoo...its epic picture eh!!!... bring the good ol'days memories back... I like...oh mel the hair!!!! he he he
I guess i'm too late for that relay challenge.... :(
Love your cut-out frame, and lovely effect with the misting. thanks for joining in the relay!!
Wow I love the masking, Mel and how cool was your 'do in the 80's, LOL.
Thanks so much for your hospitality today - it was fabulous to meet you and beautiful little Nate. I've put one of my finished LO's up on my blog.
Gorgeous LO Mel! Love the misting and the colours are just beautiful! Can't go without saying love that hairdo too!! xx
Oh wow!! That is seriously 80's and there's nothing to laugh bout!! I am sure we have our 80's moments. LOL!! The masking is insane (in a good way)!! I love the birdcages and you always create stunning layouts Mel :)
Great misting here. Love the effects! WOW
gorgeous LO & such a GREAT photo from your 21st :0) love it!! GO TEAM 2 xx
Hi Mel. Sorry it's been so long...
Had a bit of a 'catch up' on your blog and you've been creating stunning layouts while I was 'gone'. Love your 21st layout and yes, I used to have a hairdo just like that! :)
Take care.
M
Gorgeous & so pretty!!
Love the masking and the colors and embellies!!
Love your picture I wore my hair like that too!
I so miss the 80's music!!
Who were a couple of your favorites?
I loved INXS,( I hope I spelled this right?)
Phil Collins,and a few others but I'm going blank right now!
Love to you & Nate!!
Love the masking technique! This is so pretty Mel - hey and big was in you trendy girl! Be proud of your big hair days!((hugs))
Hi, Mel!!
Thanks for your sweet words!!
Your comment JOAT was so cute & funny!!
Appreciate the encouragement!
Hoping your week is going well!
Hows Nate doing?
Praying you both have a blessed week!
Love to you both!!
Ah, the good old days of big hair! Beautiful layout -- such a fun technique with the Glimmer Mist!!
Post a Comment