Friday, January 15, 2010

Scrapability January Sketch challenge


This is my beautiful poodle Maxi Taxi, he has been sleeping on the end of my bed (and sometimes up further) for almost 15 years, a true friend and very loyal, I devoted this layout to him and thoroughly enjoyed doing this sketch, I am noticing I am using patterned backgrounds a lot more at the moment, just a phase I must be going through. I have always enjoyed doodly scollops and I also enjoy cutting out so the design of the paper encouraged them. I am actually happy with the layout but I had to paint over one of the bottom scollops because it was a rich green and so I dulled it with some ink and my water pen to tone it down.

3 comments:

Samantha Hauzer said...

I absolutely love this page! Your style is gorgeous and your little poodle is such a sweetie :)

Shazza said...

how cute is Maxi !!

You have a great style, I'm impressed
with your scallops, great work

Cheers
Shazza

Wendy Smith said...

Such a Cute layout. We have a poodle too, and I love him to bits!

It is so nice to see your creations, I ahve missed your face and work around the traps!