This is my entry for the #98 sketch at Creative Scrappers, I just love their sketches. This is a close up of little man concentrating, yes you heard it, it was wonderful to see, I love the intense look, Uncle Col has been teaching him how to use the remotes of the ferrari and 4wd, he loves them. I am back to creating with my original style which is 8.5 x 11 layouts, in this one, I used one of my fiskars rulers and drew the lines and then coloured in with liquid paper, I cut some circles out of American Crafts paper and did a frame using the same technique with liquid paper added some strips and cut out a Jenni Bowlin frame. I am so not a journaller, it's just me, a date and a little bit is it for me, because I do so many layouts I think, but if I am doing a layout on something really important I would like to tell, I write on a piece of paper and stick it to the back of the layout, I have heard people do this with leftover photos of the same event also.It's overcast here today, time to go to the video store and grab some weeklies, Nate would like Shrek again, then to Aunty Jan's, she is not well at the moment and I am going to do some general cleaning for her. Nate only got up at 8.35am and is now lying on the lounge like a lizard with his lamby (he calls her Merr) and a cup of tea (he doesn't know he has green tea). I actually bought him a tea set recently and he is always making me a cuppa. We did have one little misshap though, he made a cup of tea in the kitchen, when I came out he had used every bit of sugar and 1/2 tin of coffee, mum wasn't impressed. So now I make the tea in this house.
I hope whatever you are doing today, you are well and happy, I look forward to catching up with what you have been up to when I go blogging. Love Melxx
13 comments:
Wonderful concentration and perfect layout to put the emphasis on those beautiful eyes!
Guess Nate likes his tea sweet??
love it..... and lol @ nate with the tea
Gorgeous page, Mel!!!
Have fun pick your DVDs...Abi is also a Shrek fan!! It drives Noah nuts because whenever it is her turn to choose a movie she picks 'seck.'...lol.
Hugs.
Gorgeous, LO!!
Love how creative you were with your border edge!!
Such a sweet picture!
Love the dots such a clever way to embellish!
Thanks for your sweet comments!
The frames ame from the Life Portrait Webster's pages paper!
I will let you kniow which one on Wednesday its in the other room and I need to make sure I didnt cut the name off.
Hope you have a wonderful day!!
Hugs!
Just adore this one....Nate is just so precious!!! Great take on the Sketch!!!!
Wishing you a day filled with smiles!!! :-)
Love it Mel. That border looks great.
Sweet LO Mel! LOVE the border, great job! and as always a cute pic of Nate!! W :)
Great layout . . . I love your use of liquid paper! Very clever! And I wanted to say thank you so much for your recent comment on my blog. It was so sweet, and it touched my heart!!!
Sorry I've been AWOL lately! Had some stuff to deal with here.
I love that page, great papers and photo of course!
OMG how cute with the tea making!
Hi Mel, lol at Nate making that very very sweet tea - too cute.
Who knew liquid paper could look that good - wtg on being so creative. Your layout is just wonderful, love the sweet photo, the gorgeous embellishments and you used the sketch just beautifully!
Hope you guys are having a great week!
Hope your having a fabulous week so far!!
Love to you and Nate!!
Have a fabulous Friday!!
Oh, I love this LO, Mel! The colors, the graphic elements, and that fabulous photo of Nate!
I'm really fascinated with the 8.5 x 11 format. I never saw anyone use this size and I love it! I makes perfect sense; I wonder why everyone doesn't use this size format!
LOL at Nate's tea making ... he's a trip!
Sending hugs to both of you!
u are such a kind soul, Mel :) !! Nate has such captivating eyes !
Post a Comment