Nate and I went out to Wivenhoe Dam to meet some friends that were fishing out there, Malinda and Aaron, of course he just had to have a go, and in these shots he looks very patient and at ease, but as he has no patience yet, lol, we're still waiting for it to come, he had a ball just winding the line in and catching bits of grass on the end of his rod. I had this older Scenic route paper and cut the fish out, put my rub-on to acetate so I could sit it over the fish and used those coral? looking bits out of some basic grey paper, the spotted background is Lilly Bee design paper and it is super cute and the sparkly letter alphabet is "Dear Lizzy" from American Crafts, just love them. Have got so much mileage from them.I have been struggling the last week to do scrapping, so tired at nights when the opportunity of time has arisen, add in some lack of mojo, and women's monthly events and well that is the excuse. I have finished my committments for the DT's for next month so I can relax and get some "ME" scrapping done, I got some photos developed yesterday, some of the photos are blurred, think it may be because we have had overcast weather here but sometimes it is still a bit of light so I haven't used the flash. Need to go over my instructions again!!!!
Nate is 3.3 years old and although he is getting better every day I have booked him into get assessed at Speech Therapy, I just want to be sure he is at a suitable level for his age. So that is the appointment this morning, and them as it it rainy here, home to scrap sounds good to me.
I have got some wonderful awards over the last year from dear friends for my blog and well I have to tell you I never knew what to do with them, but my friend Wendy has just tagged me and well this seems a little easier to do as their is nothing to add to the blog. Thank you so much Wendy, I love you and all my blogging friends and have missed you all even though it's only a couple of absent days, that's how much you all mean to me. I have to tell you 10 things I love and 5 trivia things:
10 things I love
Nate and Max and Stan
Blogging friends
Baskin Robbins chocolate ice-cream with peanut butter
my car - Rav4
Scrapping (of course) and watching a good DVD whilst doing so
taking the dogs for a walk
going to the beach
snuggling up under the covers in winter
watching Nate's face when he has knew experiences
Op Shopping
Trivia
I was an aerobics instructor and ran my own business
used to be a boring accountant
Risked my job once by asking Phil Collins for his autograph & ended up sitting next to his wife and new daughter Lily at his concert next night
Loved roller skating when I was younger
Have been single (and set in my ways now) for almost 4 years.
Now I have to give this TAG to 5 dear blogger friends:
Michelle, Tanyah, Amanda, Teru & Annmaree (cannot wait to hear your trivia) Love to you all and have a great day. Melxxx
12 comments:
I love that layout! I love that sized page, I really need to have another go at it. Good luck with Nate's speech therapy. I had to get it for Jack too, and 6 weeks later he didnt need it any more. Loved hearing all those little facts about you too :)
Oh Mel, I love your take on the sketch, great work! It's such a cute layout and Nate is just the most adorable little boy!! I hope it all works out with the speech therapy. Loved reading a bit more about you too - aerobics instructor and accountant eh? Would never have picked it!!! LOL ;) ;)
Love what you did with this Sketch!!! He is so adorable!!! Great colors...
I loved reading your list!!! I love the same kind of Ice Cream...YUM!!!
Hoping that Nate does well with his assessment!!! Enjoy your day!!!
OH A challenge for me doll?, this is hard! I'm not that interesting! lol
Love hearing about you, and LOVE your scrappage of course, Nate looks very serious in the big pic, but I have to admit to having no patience with fishing either!
HUGS, Have a great day.
thanks for the tag............ love that LO of nate....... hope all goes well at the speech appt. let me know how it goes please. i think he is ahead of connor speech wise, and if he is behind for his age it wont be by much
Hi, hopefully everything goes well with Nate's appt. Kids sure can make ya worry, can't they? I used to teach aerobics too! Best way to stay in shape. Beautiful page, BTW.
OMG!!
That is so sweet of you to send me award!!
I will post that on Wednesday so I can think about what to write!!
Love that flavor of ice cream too!
How lucky you are Phil Collins!!
He rocks and I love his music!!
I miss his music!!
He was one of my favorite 80's group!!
Gorgeous LO!!
Love all the details on the LO and his pictures are so adorable!!
Love his hat!!
Hope the testing goes well!
Have a blessed day!!
Hugs!!
great layout , i have never tried that size before lol. became a follower your blogs great.thanksfor your lovely comments, they make my day. yea i could not believe how fast the kit took this month
Wow Mel! You've done some beautiful work since I was able to pop in last! It's great to read all the facts about you. I hope you get some time to do your own scrapping soon! Take care. xxx
Yum, yup, that's my favorite ice cream, too!
LOVE the LO ... that paper and the colors really shows the photos off beautifully.
It was fun to read all the l'il interesting things about you. I'm sure if you lived nearby, we'd be the best of friends!! If only ...
Sending hugs!
this is so precious. Love those photos and the composition
Awesome layout -- I love the fish and aquatic plants for the fishing theme!
Hope the Speech appointment went well; you are a good mom to ensure that Nate is getting all the best possible help to be his best possible!
We've seen big advances with our DD in communicating over the past year; the right professional makes all the difference.
Post a Comment