Thursday, April 22, 2010

Creative Scrappers sketch #99


Morning all, there is a competition over at Creative Scrappers, you do the 5 sketches for the month and you could win a "Scrapbook Nook Kit" they are so gorgeous, I wish postage wasn't so high, I went to order some papers they cost $34.00 and the postage was $43.00 and you know I just cannot do it.
The pics are of the drive home from our Wynumn trip with Col and Jan recently and as we drove from the carpark Nate yelled bye park, it was so cute, if you notice in the waving photo he is doing a wave that looks like the Queen's wave, and then within a few short minutes Nate was out to it, he had an awesome day and you are I'm afraid going to see the photos of this day on the next million layouts, lol I can never pick just a couple of photos to replicate the day, have to do several layouts with them.
It has been raining consistently last few days which is nice, but nice and sunny today, I haven't mentioned this but I have been going to Prince Charles Hospital in Brisbane every 2 days to see my Nana in palliative care the last month, well she died yesterday morning, but instead of being sad I am rejoicing, she is at peace with no needles now for pain, she was 93, and over the last 2 weeks she was delirious and didn't know me, and Nate was at her bedside saying "I'm scared" I guess this shows how pale and terrible she must have looked to him. I was a little quiet yesterday reflecting over things and you know I am so happy to be where I am right now in my life, I have a roof over my head, my family, great friends (you guys) and money to buy food and clothes. So I hope wherever you are and whatever you are doing today, you have a great day, catch up with you all on your blogs. Love Melxx

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH thats crazy postage!

Thats what photography and scrapbooking is about, mapping the days, its not all just 1 moment in time, its made up of heaps of moments. and i LOVE this one, so cute, great page!

Anonymous said...

OH and I mean't to say, I'm so sorry for your loss. Its so hard to lose a loved one, but you have a wonderful attitude about it. You are blessed for having known her, and you now have a guardian angel you know and name!

*HUGS*

amanda73 said...

love that LO and thats cute, connor waves to the park when we leave too.....

so sorry to hear about your nana, but i know what you mean about rejoicing and not being too sad, i was like that when my great grandmother died too, she died in 1990 aged 92 but for ever she had alzheimers and dementia and it wasnt really much of a life for her ...............

One Paper Heart said...

Looks like Nate had a busy day, love how you scrap normal moments.
Sorry about you Nana Mel, sending you a big hug.

LG said...

WOW I love the way you interpret those sketches and made it your own.This is beautiful

Shell Turner said...

cyber {hugs} for you my friend xoxo

Jessica G. said...

Mel, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Nana; it sounds like a well-loved lady is finally at peace. May your good memories help you through this difficult time.

Good memories and lots of hugs from this little guy -- looks like he knows how to enjoy the park. You play until you drop!!

Michelle H. said...

Mel, So sorry about your grandmother!
My thoughts and prayers are with you!!
My dd use to say bye to the park too!
Love this LO its so adorable!!
Love the colors and the flower!!
Hope you have a blessed day!!
Hugs!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my grandma coming up to a year ago now (she passed away on Anzac Day last year). She was 97. I know how you are feeling. It is sad but they have both gone to a better place Mel. I'm sure your grandma lived a wonderful and full life as did mine xx

p.s To win at Creative Scrappers, you don't have to do all 5 sketches of the month - you can do any of the 5. I have never paid that much in postage from America!! $43 is HUGE - are you sure that was right? I have even bought stuff from Two Peas and never paid that much before?? Hmmm...

Jocelyn said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss...but she is at peace!!!! What a wonderful life 93 years old!!!'

That is terrible postage rates!!!

Love the LO....wishing you a great day!!!

Michele Kovack said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your Nana. IT is never easy to lose the ones we love. (I have a Nonnie who will be turning 90 soon....so I can soooo relate!) And thank you so much for your very sweet comment about my NM page about my daughter! And give your Nate a big hug from me! And thank him for calling my girl pretty! : ) You and Nate made my day and brought a smile to my face!

Natalie said...

Hugs Mel!! Thinking of you at this time.
Gorgeous LO...miss seeing your stuff on a regular basis.
Hugs (again :)) Nat.

Corrina said...

Mel. Let me start by saying I am so sorry for your loss, but can understand your peace at her release. *hugs for you and yours*xx

The photo you put on your page of Nate saying goodbye to the park was just beautiful - the innocent, beautiful sleep of a tired child. Such an exquisite a moment to capture. Beautiful.

Wendy said...

Mel, so sorry for your loss, but your Nana is now at peace and you have your precious memories of her! Big hugs! W x
Love your LO ... so cute waving at the park, and SO cute sleeping! Gorgeous! x x

Amy said...

OMGosh, that is the cutest page! He really had a great time at the park!
Sorry to hear about your Nana, but you have a great outlook, hugs!

Petrina McDonald said...

sorry to hear of the passing of your Nan - but I totally understand when you say she is in a better place....it is a nice feeling to let go when you know their pain has gone

p

Julie said...

Hey there Missy Mel. Sorry to hear about your Nan. Big hugs from me.