Sunday, April 18, 2010

Design Dollies Colour Challenge

Black, yellow and pink is the colour challenge over at Design Dollies and this is my DT layout, I cut the outline out of a die cut pink paislee pp, and I used some older rub-ons from Fancy Pants, and this little man in the picture whith me is "Marty" well that was the name I gave him for the 3 days I had him, a neighbour from up the road found him in her yard, he was mangled and dirty and riddled with fleas, so she had to pass him on, my dogs didn't seem to mind (guess it was because he was so little) he was so starved and bony, so I bathed him several times, cut all his hair off as it was matted together and gave him lots to eat. He was such a little cutie, I phoned up a friend who has a big property and basically takes in animals that the pound gets, trains them and then gives them to good homes, at this time she had 10 dogs, 11 cats, 1 possum and a small kangaroo. Wow she is such an amazing lady, when she came to pick up "Marty" I was sad but 3 dogs are not allowed in suburbia so I will keep in touch and see how this little ray of sunshine goes, but as luck would have it, Marty has taken over her household and sleeps on the end of her bed now. Lucky doggy.


Once I receive my layout responsibilites for the next month, I find it so hard to do any layouts for myself until they are finished so bear with me, going to be finished by tonight and then going to do some "just for me" layouts, I don't seem to put any pressure on myself with these and finish a lot sooner, although in the scheme of things I am a slow scrapper.



Nate started Soccer on Friday night, wow, sooo cute. all the little guys and girls on the field, about 125 of them, but although he struggled with the actual staying with his group, he will get better as time goes on. He looked super cute in his big socks and shin pads. Will show some pics soon.


Have a super wonderful day dear friends. Love Mel..xxxx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw what a cute dog! A shame you couldn't keep him!!

Your pets sound so cute and cuddly.

I know what you mean about DT responsiblities, I always try to get them done first, before anything else, even if its weeks before I can 'show' them!

and Soccer is great fun! He is gonna love it!

Louise said...

Hello Hello Mel

Sorry to be using your comment section for this but I just wanted to say a huuuuuuuuuuuge huge thank you for the blog luv you have been leavin me!!!

Oh and ditto on the DT responsibilities :) :) :), I usually cant relax until they are completed LOL;... tho I have learnt from early on to use them as a means of doing my me scrapping as well IYKWIM, so that they are still meaningful for me and my friends that I create them for.

If your eva in Adelaide look me up you can have more that half an hour in my brain LOL :) :) :)

Cheers and right bak atcha for a wonderful day!

Lou :)

amanda73 said...

love that LO mel, gorgeous.......

ps...keep an eye out on challenge heaven and my blog, cos im scrapping a pic of our 2 little ratbags

Michelle H. said...

I love the design of this LO!! Very pretty!
What an adorable dog so glad he found a great home!!
IKWYM about DT work!!
I try to scrap quick LO's when I want to complete an extra challenge that LO took me about 30 or 40 minutes otherwise I would not had had the time to do that one!
Thanks so much for the sweet words!!
How fun for Nate and his soccer! I'm sure you will have alot of fun scrappy pictures!!
That would be awesome to meet one day!!
Have a fabulous day!!
Hugs!!

Wendy said...

Hey Mel, great LO as always! Long time no 'see' so to speak! Hope you are keeping OK I see you are keeping busy. Cute puppy btw! Have a great week and for a bit of fun you have been tagged on my blog .. check it out!! x

Liz Weber said...

Love the layout Mel! That is one cute dog and your layout is awesome, fab job with that colour scheme.

Nate will LOVE soccer so much! Can't wait to see some soccer layouts!

Hope you guys had a good weekend!

Moonie said...

OMG..... Mel this is soooo cute.. and you...well you are also soo cute.. you need to sign up with Facebook hun,, missing out on soo much fun.. all my photos from Malaysia are there.. luv ya x

eMeLiNe Seet said...

hi Mel, so glad you received the rak :) and i'm staring at so many eye candy here on your blog ! Great job!

Stacy Cohen said...

Great layout! I love the design. And I'm the say way . . . if I know I have something due, I can't work on anything else until I get it done. ;-)

Rita Barakat said...

Cute LO Mel - I know what you mean too - I am the same way! I have to get all my DT stuff for the month done before I can move on to something else! (ALthough if I am stuck sometimes I cheat! LOL! ANd sneak in something totally not related just for fun!)

Michelle H. said...

Thanks for the congrats!!
I have 2 DT ending at the end of the month and the kit club is ending so I really want to stay on a kit club so thats why I submitted.
Another DT I'm on might be closing soon due to low mbr involvment.
How was your weekend?
Ours was super busy!
Hope you and Nate have a blessed day!!
Hugs!

LG said...

that looks so much fun and that doggie is so adorable